228 replies to this topic

#221 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2022 - 03:28 PM

Yeah, for sure, wooly sort of look but clean all the same (One side of my Yeti plate is wooly looking too) and I'll probably do a T2 on it once I run the T1 later this year.  The look could change with a transfer, but I'm not worried about it at this point.  I have other tissue culture to grab from the original spore plate if needed.  Do a cycle and get prints and go from there.  I was happy to see the second attempt on Agar was a successful one with the freebie print friend.  Either way, she's Clean TAday!

MushL  

#222 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 June 2022 - 11:11 PM

Nice dig the cycle. I keep a t0 and try and go to grain by T1. T0 is preferred. Curious to see what ya get!

• MushLuvR likes this

#223 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2022 - 12:49 PM

I like to run the MS plate side by side against the T1, I enjoy the variation too.  I did so with the Melmac TP and there was a HUGE difference in fruits on the MS tub. I hadn't seen that much variation since I quit squirting spore syringes Many years ago.  SHIPs and a sterile flamed needle did the trick back in those days.  MEMORY Lane... I must be due for a MONO grow.   :tongue:

MushL

• rockyfungus likes this

#224 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2022 - 12:12 AM

I've never done a mono. Maks are calling for one.

• MushLuvR likes this

#225 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2022 - 10:14 AM

I haven't ran a Mono in almost 5 years myself, my first attempt at a bulk grow many years ago (Shout out to Frank and Ohm/Ozz tub) so a soft spot in my heart always.  Back when I was getting clean spore syringes from Ol' Ralph.  Oh the days of not backing up anything and shooting from the hip.   :laugh:

MushL

Edited by MushLuvR, 22 June 2022 - 10:16 AM.

• rockyfungus likes this

#226 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2022 - 06:25 PM

OH WoW, I just noticed this thread has hit over 10K views, special thanks to the lurkers and to all the Topiate family for welcoming me with open arms.  I hope I taught someone something with all my banter and babble at times.   :laugh:  @Arathu, BEST HOBBY EVER!!

MushL

• Arathu, bezevo, rockyfungus and 1 other like this

#227 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,558 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2022 - 06:26 PM

I love tubs.....and trays in tubs too.....

Until I have a solid controlled fruiting chamber, and I mean a new (or seriously remodeled), clean, building of some kind...(pole barn, finished my way with full environmental controls, would rule)

Tubs allow me to maintain high humidity levels with relatively long times in between maintaining them, also with protection and an isolating membrane.....

A

• Auhron and MushLuvR like this

#228 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2022 - 08:53 PM

The first time I ever grew anything, which happened to be Cubes, I did smaller trays in an unmodified tub.  Then I grew back-to-back Mono's and didn't grow for a LONG time.   :laugh:   I used to grow them just to have them on hand for myself, friends, etc...had a few trips that were bunk from fruits not taken care of.  I would of never thought I'd be where I'm at in this hobby, I was perfectly content(at the time) with a grow or two and Done for awhile.  From Cubes, to Edibles, then Exotics, that's my path and I'm still ON it.  :meditate:

MushL

• Arathu, bezevo, rockyfungus and 1 other like this

#229 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2022 - 04:40 PM

What's Goin On fungus freaks, It's that time of the year to get back at it, I'm not quite ready to fruit anything since I have a trip coming up in Mid October (final trip, it's been a rollercoaster this year), but I am front loaded with some Fungus Funtime.  

I am currently toying around with my new Martha setup, it's an active setup this time with an exhaust fan on a cycle timer.  I also went with a 5 tier tent, anyway, most of what I'm doing won't be in the tent, but I do enjoy cube experiments with a small tray (here and there) just to see how they do.  Back on track, I have a jar of Wild Coast and Estero Oats about a week in, I'm looking to do some warm species after I get back from my trip for a few weeks before the cooler weather comes in for my cold species blocks.  I also shot up the last of the Ps Cyan syringe and it's just starting to jump off to Oats.  Oh, the reason I mentioned the Martha is I have a colonized tray of cased grains from the Mexicana stones I harvested awhile back, bust on the yield, but I can't wait to try them.  VERY impressed with Tamp Stones (I have too many... POOR Me).  I even enjoyed a few .7 to 1.1 micro doses with freshie tamp stones, the 1.1 was on the higher end of a micro, I really enjoyed .7 - .8(6 month stones).  

Let's see, what else is going down, I finally dropped the FP+, Gandalf, and a T4 AA+ plate that was really close to unusable (finally jumped off to grain in a week, which is SLOW comparatively... Around 3 days normally).  

So, the plan is to see if the Mexicana tray of Oats and a thin layer of straight Coco does any good, I cased it before I left, around 3 days give or take.  The tray didn't overlay or anything, looks good with mycelium popping out here and there.  I'll get a shot up when I get a chance.  I'll get the Pan jars to bulk before my trip, hopefully comeback to trays ready or real close to it (I have tried to cheat with slightly uncolonized trays in a hurry, Yeah... DON'T do that).  In a perfect world, I'll have most or all of the jars to Subs.  We Shall See... Good Vibes for a new season, I want to Go Clone hunting this year, I've been shooting MS LC's and it's been decent, but looking to go another step further.  Always strive to outdo thyself is my Moto.  LET'S GO!!

Edited by MushLuvR, 27 September 2022 - 04:43 PM.

• fahtster and Arathu like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!