I haven't updated in a couple of days and I feel like SO much has happened, but it's only because I have a ton of projects(most aren't mush) and getting my business back on track. What a RIDE life is at Times.
First on the list, these TAMPS are amazing looking, I'm really falling HARD for these baby boomers. So to recap, I re-cased both the big and small tray thicker and misted them HEAVILY. Too the point of where it looks just WET, not muddy or pooling but straight WETNESS. Then I fanned the chamber a few times that day to get the trays back evaporating and creating it's own heat(I'm using my Martha humid/temp gauge in an old Mono I've had for 7/8 years... VERY loose Poly). Then a light mist every morning until Pins, man these suckers Pin quick and slow(ish) to fruit. I haven't touched them water wise and they are still real nice and moist. These Pins are much bigger right from the beginning.
APE tub was harvested for the 2nd flush, I wanted to run them a bit longer, but with fruits on the sides, and bottom, and everywhere else other than the surface, I started seeing future Knots that are actually ON the casing, and it was time to clear them before it's harder to harvest and ruin future Pins. When I cased the block for the 2nd flush, the casing went in the gaps of the sub since shrinkage and little bit smaller than the current tub I had it in. Long story short, fruits where everywhere except where I want them. These were already growing while the casing layer was colonizing so this is what happens. All good, in the end... I have another 20g's of Mushies... and Knots and PINS coming Directly. I patched a few areas with casing and misted them up and Here we go again. I did notice with the casing layer, too much moisture actually and I should of flipped the lid.. damn PE likes to breathe. Without the casing, light fuzzy feet and could of added air quicker as well. These are just test trays and experiments since I'm "figuring" out what I have and what I DON'T.
This Big PIN just popped up fast Out of
Nowhere. Tub is liking flipped lid with
Bad News for one of the Oat jars, stalling and looked to be mold or mushed up Oats, either way, it's not finishing and I dumped it Outside. It smelled fine and may have been OK, but if it doesn't pass the visual, it's OUTTA Here. The second Jar stalled out, but looks to be back on track. I probably won't spawn it, unless it really looks amazing. I'll probaby grab a seed and throw it on AGAR. I do this on occasion, I hate liquid to AGAR, but it works too.
Good News, the "TAT/Melmac" was spawned two days ago and recovering well. Low Spawn rate, 1/3 ratio, I really Like 1/1 or 1/2, but it will be fine and it works out since I will be out of town for awhile and I'm not worried about speed. It's the only reason I went 1/1 with the APE, I wanted to make sure it was finished, or at least dried fruits while I'm gone and FAST colonization times. The 2nd jar is doing Great, just a bit behind, I'm pretty sure this jar didn't get a good enough squirt and looks Super healthy.
Checked on my other trays, today is a week and they look colonized, but I need to stall them a bit and I don't mind the trays consolidating and could use it in a few spots, but looks great. I don't want to get excited since my track record with "PAN" syringes is straight up FAILURE. That being said, this sucker is FAST and looks right. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm and Estero COMES thru for me.
Edited by MushLuvR, 14 August 2021 - 10:18 AM.