138 replies to this topic

#121 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2021 - 12:25 PM

Just another early week Tuesday... odd for an update, but it's getting exciting (Copes). I had a couple Pins pop in the Mini Mono and a few of the trays(4.5 days from Casing). One tray is definitely faster than the rest and is kicking into High gear. These babies colonized the surface in 3 days and I let them go for 7 to finish up thoroughly on the bottom. I could of easily sent these to fruit Day 5, wasn't worried about it, once I saw NO change after day 6, I mixed up and pasteurized the casing on Day 7 and put them straight into the FC. If all goes well, I'm going to have a lifetimes worth REAL quick.This is all from 4 myco quarts of Oat spawn so... BRING ON the Fruiting.

P1110815.JPG
P1110819.JPG
P1110818.JPG
P1110816.JPG
P1110820.JPG

P1110813.JPG
P1110814.JPG
P1110811.JPG
The last pic is from the Mini Mono that is about a half
a day behind... spotted this Side Pin this morning, decent
Size over night growth.

The jars are just about finished, the Yeti is slightly behind, but I'm not going to spawn these for a few days anyway, plenty going on right now, the PE6 and ARC are fully colonized. A couple seeds here and there, but thick mycelium and I'm loving the Rye jars.; That being said, not faster or slower than Oats, pretty much Similar timeframes.; I mainly bought the Rye for some Stone jars, and to play with Rye for awhile. I went 7/7, the whole batch went perfect, the other 4 jars are Edible/Medicinal Cultures. I did enjoy watching how much a small Rye grain seed can swell up... MAN they can hold the moisture.

P1110828.JPG

Random thoughts and or comments, In my trials and tribulations with PE or Hybrid PE's or TaT, they require much more Air than a Shoebox/BootBox can give. That's even with a flipped lid. They did MUCH better low tech style with another Tub on top for better Air Gaps(DubTub). Even with added air exchanges with a flipped lid, just didn't cut it Air wise. Wonderful pinsets in the shoeboxes as is, just monitoring surface level keeping the beads going. This round, I went thicker subs, and didn't have to mist at all and the relative humidity here is Much better with Rain lately. I Dubbed the HPE since some of the fruits were too tall to finish, and they enjoyed the bigger Air gaps until harvest. Air is important for nice developed caps/fruits. Easy to get fuzzy feet with PE, even in a controlled environment. The 2nd flush of Smurfs had a hint only of fuzzy toes... All good...I'm learning these exotics and their quirks as I GO.. Fun(Guy) Stuff!   :laugh:

Edited by MushLuvR, 02 November 2021 - 12:34 PM.

#122 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2021 - 03:59 PM

Update time, the Yeti jar didn't make it, just stalled out and when I went to spawn... it had that fermentation smell and OUT she goes.  I screwed up the Yeti Bags, all my fault, and now the jar stalls out, been a finnicky fungus fur sure.  No worries, it's on LC, and I'll be throwing it on Agar since I just did a batch a few days ago, went well and a good solid pour.  I spawned the ARC and the PE6 around 5 days ago and looking good, but this is winding down on the actives.  I did do an LC to LC of the Tamps for some Stone only jars, but those are experimental and will be in the jars for a few months.  I picked up some small SFD's to make more jar lids if needs be with some of my jars out of service.  I have enough to run 3X7 with a few extra laying around so it shouldn't be a problem with me being so ahead on my Edible projects.  

I also threw out the Tat Smurf Tray... Nice big flushes for 1st and 2nd so Minimal 3rd with 5 small fruits only so it's... DONE!  Enjoyed these beauties, Until NEXT Time!

The Pan trays are doing well, just harvested everything and ended up with almost 10g, which isn't much, but I'm positive I cased them too thick.  Coming off of growing Tamps, thicker casing(makes sense), it is what it is, but HUGE Caps, plenty of Sporulation and all experimental in this phase.  They loved the Mini Grow tent, especially when I upped the Air which in turn kicks on the humidity more and NO moisture build up on the racks.  I love this tent, I throw Lions Mane, Turkey Tail, PANS, and even had the 2nd flush of Tat Smurf in the bottom Rack next to the Aquarium Heater/Tub.  I have grown many fruits with a Cycle timer and my adjustments(personal touch), but a Controller is SO much more user friendly to push the line between humidity... AND Rain(oversaturation of blocks and or trays... dripping racks... pouring off trays).  The knowledge of the Cycle timer and my setup DID help me easily dial in my environmental conditions with a Controller.  On with the pictures!

P1110849.JPG

P1110867.JPG

P1110871.JPG

P1110891.JPG

P1110901.JPG

P1110903.JPG

P1110909.JPG

P1110910.JPG

P1110911.JPG

P1110912.JPG

P1110916.JPG

P1110928.JPG

P1110930.JPG

Edited by MushLuvR, 09 November 2021 - 04:01 PM.

• Sidestreet, fahtster, Salty117 and 2 others like this

#123 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2021 - 04:03 PM

Alright folks, tragedy has struck me AGAIN, I've been lazy not cleaning up my Grow Area and I've lost MORE projects than I ever have(lately) so it's just Time to regroup and clean my area.  Woke up this morning and the PE6 tub is contaminated, really lazy at keeping this room up and I know better.  I've ran WAY too many projects over the last 6 months with minimal up keep and it's biting me, all good I was winding down on the Actives, looks like it's going to be faster than expected.  So not only does this tub go down, I knock over the other tub and it's FUBAR and outside that one goes TOO.  Had a RARE morning to put it mildly(Oh theirs MUCH more), but regarding mushrooms, I'm taking the blame for these recent trich outbreaks, I've neglected my area and that's the consequence sometimes.  Pushing too hard... that reminds me... time to fully clean the Tent and the humidifier as well.  I've cleaned the tent once in 3 months(twice with initially being clean) and the base of the humidifier many times, but it needs a full cleaning NO doubt.  Not the glorious part of growing, but necessary.  I'll get back to focusing on what I do have... rather than... What I don't. 

The PAN trays are still going, very minimal fruits, I just rehydrated them the other day after grabbing what was done and a few more prints for safe keeping.  OH, i lost the Mini Mono(Non Martha) also to trich, decent little first flush and BAM... the Green Monster.  My wife just bought an air purifier with the UV light, not sure at this point how well it works, but I'll run it in here after a deep scrubbin'.  Not worried about my tent setup... different room, but this Shoebox room is compromised NO doubt.  Did a few plates in this room and most didn't make it... everything points to my laziness.  A break from Cubes always gives me a newfound respect for growing.  I have my edibles to keep me busy, and I'll get some Stone only jars going soon, but I'm done fruiting PE hybrids for a bit(finicky AND trich equals)...  :thumbs_down: .  It will allow me to get some Agar work finished, and my house needs the upkeep anyway.  All the BEST to your Projects!   :meditate:

P1110969.JPG

P1110973.JPG

P1110974.JPG

P1110979.JPG

P1110981.JPG

P1110982.JPG

Tubs two days ago... that's how fast it happens

sometimes.  

P1110986.JPG

Tamp LC to LC was SUPER Fast to take over

the Jar.  Ready to Rock... and INOC!  Nevermind

my dirty table... Story of My Life.  

Edited by MushLuvR, 15 November 2021 - 04:07 PM.

• fahtster and Salty117 like this

#124 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 November 2021 - 12:40 PM

Just a few random fruits popping up here and there... looks like a few big ones on the way.  Cubes are finished for a little while, I'll get back at it tho', I have plenty of Cubes to still test and a break will be refreshing to start Clean.  I get over it pretty fast and I'm a move on type so... NEXT!  I'll get my life cleaned up along with this filthy Room.  It will be ALL worth it.  I'll have other stuff going anyway, looking to get some Ps Cyan spawn going Soon... Always something to PLAY with.  Keep that PC Rockin'

P1120051.JPG

P1120052.JPG

P1120060.JPG

MushL

Edited by MushLuvR, 16 November 2021 - 12:41 PM.

#125 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2021 - 01:30 PM

Happy Friday everyone... always nice to end a week... Not much to report... Well... I did flip the PAN tubs(3 days ago) for experimental reasons since they aren't pushing out that many fruits to be worried about it, so WHY not, had a jar of casing on the shelf so no additional work other than flipping and lightly casing(and misting the trays down).  They seem to have poked through the casing a bit, I'll know soon.

I shot up a Jar of Oats(This morning) of my LC to LC Ps Tamp expansion to a 500ml jar.  Looks good, but I need to start coffee filtering my mix, there is a little debris in the LC, but not affecting anything and is Clear(rather than Cloudy).  Tamps are Fast to colonize grain, So I will know within a few days.  If it works out, I may just see if it grows stones on Oats, or fruit it... WHO Knows these things... I don't need the fruits so I would lean towards letting it do it's thing.   :meditate:

Edited by MushLuvR, 19 November 2021 - 01:32 PM.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#126 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2021 - 08:36 PM

Hey Folks, been a little slow lately on the Actives, but the Pan trays are still growing with a little bit of mycelium taking over the casing of the flipped trays.  I have NO expectations at this point and purely for the sake of WHAT IF? 

P1120151.JPG

P1120153.JPG

P1120154.JPG  

The Tamp Oat jar showed growth within a Day and looks healthy.  I was a bit worried with some debris in the LC, but it looks to be fine and just aesthetically displeasing. 

P1120164.JPG

P1120163.JPG

3 Days

The newest AND exciting update is that I can't be held down for long, I cleaned out the Martha and humidifier (everything) and I'll be getting the other Room taken care of SOON.  Nothing going in the Passive setup Room, SO Tent was and IS the priority.  The real headline is that my Ps Cyan package should be here tomorrow.  OH HOW I have longed for this... My Birth Month has been a blessing with the Pans now Ps Cyans... I couldn't be happier. NOT a winner yield wise with the Pans, almost a Halfer, but the experience, fruits, Prints(On Agar and LC as well), and a SPUR of the moment Grow... I enjoy learning on the fly(But NO preferred)...Ps Tamps were the same way.  :tongue:    

I also grabbed an Avery's Albino that I've been looking for since I'm an Albino/ PE/TaT freak these days.  

Oh, I had a random thought the other day that I wanted to share... I mentioned that I practiced my Pasteurization technique on Coco(when I was a Greenhorn) since you can't screw it up either way and I realized when I just hydrated Coir with Hot water(Only), it works don't get me wrong(No issues with the Tat Smurf Tub and straight hydrated), but cooking it via Pasteurization or Boiling water, or even 175-180F water seems to make it colonize better and or thick or dense.  I noticed the subs were a bit crumbly since I've been working with Dense Manure subs lately.  Just an observation, and I've done many CVG tubs pasteurized or bucket style or testing 175F water.... those Monos and or tubs were Solid SUBS so... I will test with cooked CVG to see if I'm losing my mind... OR Not(has been quite a while since I've done a CVG Monotub...Hmmmm).  All good, I prefer to blend in Coco with Manure... makes for a WONDERFUL substrate.  All the best... Mush heads.  

Edited by MushLuvR, 22 November 2021 - 08:43 PM.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#127 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2021 - 10:14 PM

YEAH Buddy... Christmas CAME early, my syringes are HERE... Be with you Woodie Lovers in a Minute!   :tongue:

• Arathu and YoshiTrainer like this

#128 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,063 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2021 - 05:10 AM

Minute....month.....it's all relative and seasonal in the case of wood lovers......

Happy Yule!

A

Edited by Arathu, 23 November 2021 - 05:11 AM.

• MushLuvR likes this

#129 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2021 - 12:28 PM

I figured I'm a wood lover when it comes to edibles and medicinal...Over DUE for some Woodie ACTIVE Fun. I have some Rye boiled and drying as I type this.  I'll expand the LC and just have a BLAST with these.  Ya'll @Arathu inspire me to get IN on this, SO Thank you for ALL you DO Sir(shout out @Waylitjim as well... BEAST Mode with those Friscosa/Cyan/Azur).   :smile:

Edited by MushLuvR, 23 November 2021 - 12:30 PM.

• Arathu and rockyfungus like this

#130 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2021 - 10:05 PM

Quick update, the Oat Tamp LC jar looks great and I did a Round of Rye for the Stone Only jars.  I have 3 different Tamp syringes and this one gave up stones very fast and So did the first syringe, but Slower... and the last Round had No stones under the casing and didn't pop through the Casing like the 2nd Round did, so that's why I chose this syringe (2nd Round).  

P1120216.JPG

P1120217.JPG

I also inoculated 2 jars of Rye with Ps Cyan... OMAN am I excited to play with this one for a LONG time.

I also did another PE jar, I'm going to G2G this one when it's finished and turn one into 7.  I've done this before and it's an easy way to expand, and run through some other work in the process.  I have Big plans for this new PE so... WE shall SEE.   :biggrin:

The Pan trays are History, one of them had early signs of Trich (before it turns green) from me flipping it (double cased sort of) and too wet on the bottom and caused the Outbreak.  The other two trays were fine other than NOT fruiting or very little.  Took it outside of course to verify I caused it.... SURE did... and it was just time to Move on for now from this Project.  I have other work (Blocks) that don't need warmer temps like Pans... So long for now... I'll be back at these in the Spring/Early Summer NO doubt. I'm just getting acquainted at this Stage.  I may build a Pan Only Tub style with an aquarium heater and Air stones... Always trying new ways of PLAYING.  Spawn ON fellow Cultivators.  

MushL

Edited by MushLuvR, 24 November 2021 - 10:20 PM.

#131 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2021 - 02:10 PM

Hey what's good... just a quick update.  Oat Tamp LC jar is just about finished colonizing, and then it's just set and forget like the other 4 Rye Stone Jars.  I just tumbled those 4 yesterday and look fine already. I also tumbled the new PE variety, slow as usual for any PE's I've played with.  One of these days I'll do some faster growth isolation, which I have with Ape, I need to run them again.  Too many strains, Not enough time it seems.

I also did two LC to LC transfers today, expanding the Pan and Ps Cyan mycelium, the Ps Cyan Rye jars are Slow, it may be my fault though, these two jars were the same jars with the Stone Only project and I added coffee to the soak.  Maybe that is slowing them down, but I finally saw a little bit of growth the other day in one jar and looks like growth... BUT slow so far.  Time will tell, I do have some Alder chips That I'm going to sterilize with a little Rice Bran added for faster colonization.  The two Ps Cyan jars scared me so I'm expanding BOTH strains to be on the safe side.  I have prints for the Pans, so if something drastic happens, I'm good, but NOT for the Ps Cyan, and I want to play with this one for a LONG time.  I like watching cultures grow in LC as well so.... ALL enjoyable processes.  All the Best to your Cultivation experiments.   :meditate:

• fahtster, YoshiTrainer and rockyfungus like this

#132 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,886 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2021 - 02:17 PM

Are mexs in your experience a wispy colonizer?

gals.JPG

I asked my wife to patch as I hate it! "If I'm better then you this will become a job".
She knows me too well.

• MushLuvR likes this

#133 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2021 - 05:50 PM

Oh yeah wispy for sure, but are pretty fast colonizers in my experience.  

P1120298.JPG

Edited by MushLuvR, 30 November 2021 - 05:51 PM.

#134 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,886 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2021 - 07:06 PM

Thanks choad lover!

• MushLuvR likes this

#135 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2021 - 12:02 PM

Happy Friday to Everyone... another wonderful MUSHY Day.  

The Ps Cyans are a GO....  had me wondering for a minute if I messed them up with the Coffee Soak that was meant for the Stone Only Jars... Not the Cyans.  I didn't even think about it until after I shot them up.  No issues tho', WE Rollin'

P1120337.JPG
P1120338.JPG

The new PE is growing fine on the Coffee-soaked Rye seeds, but slow as Usual... it's just how it BE... with PE.  

P1120343.JPG

The Stone only Rye jars are just about finished colonizing, maybe half a day or so left, solid 10 days from inoculation and they are going to beat the Oat jar(which is about finished, but much more time to colonize without the Coffee Soak it seems).  

I did another round of Oats last night, which is mainly for my Edibles(also did a round of 4 Blocks), but I'm going to do a jar or two (haven't decided which strains) and get back at it.  I've been wanting to run Avery's Albinos for quite a while, I may have to get that one going.  I need to clear out some Agar plates as well, always Chores in this game.   :blink:

• Arathu likes this

#136 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,063 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2021 - 12:41 PM

I need a 36" steel tank to convert into a steam chamber.....for sterilizing big things like log chunks.....

I'm going to have to just build another pole building and be done with it...... :biggrin:

I want a brand spanking new space to work in...as I slowly add gourmet mushroom log sculptures to the acre....

A

• YoshiTrainer, rockyfungus and MushLuvR like this

#137 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2021 - 01:17 PM

Me too @Arathu, I had to have the guy cut my logs down since I can't fit them in my PC(COTW logs).  I need to look further into building a taller setup for different projects.  Always EXPANDING and Learning... It's what drives me Fungus Friend.  

• Arathu, YoshiTrainer and rockyfungus like this

#138 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,886 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2021 - 03:57 PM

I’ve been considering a steamer as well.

I just ain’t mechanical enough to trust myself with that type of project. Getting real tired of 2-3 bags in a PC per cycle.

Chip drop is a good place to try and get people to drop chips or logs at your place.

I’m going to be going hard with the local softwoods as I’m in the pines…
  • Arathu and MushLuvR like this

#139 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2021 - 04:08 PM

I just inoculated Conifer Coral (Oats) that grows on Fir and Pine pellets, and since they are the cheapest(pellet), I like the sound of a thrifty Hericium variety.  I think the bag was like 5 bucks for 40 pounds, CRAZY cheap.  In the off season, I get BBQ pellets for 11 - 12 bucks for HWFP.  

<edit>  Nice Job @RockyFungus... another TAG.... and ME too, Wow, TRULY grateful for this Community and showing me the Luv.  Thank you SO much.... and Congrats Rocky.... Woohooo!!

Edited by MushLuvR, 03 December 2021 - 04:12 PM.

• rockyfungus likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!