• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 stmhunter

stmhunter

stxsp

• Free Member
  • 720 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 06:27 AM

Have been trying to grow these, but have not had good results. I'm growing them just like I do the Amazons which I've had no problems with to speak of any advice would be welcome.

• Sidestreet and MushLuvR like this

#2 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 296 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 08:06 AM

I'm trying them out for the first time too so I echo the request. I'll be spawning to sub sometime this weekend. Any advice about variations from standard poo sub, temps and lighting would be appreciated.

#3 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 620 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 10:52 AM

Hey Fahtster!!!!
Where that PE post of yours about subs and casing to avoid blobs?

I know Faht had a good one I've seen references by others in the community. I also have my first try at this colonizing and ready for casing any day. (Actually my 2nd try....my 1st one smelled wrong so I chucked it) I know it's been mentioned to do 2 seperate thin casing layers to cut down the blob growth.

Edited by Oldpunk, 21 July 2021 - 10:53 AM.

• fahtster likes this

#4 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 885 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 July 2021 - 11:52 AM

Hey Fahtster!!!!
Where that PE post of yours about subs and casing to avoid blobs?
I know Faht had a good one I've seen references by others in the community. I also have my first try at this colonizing and ready for casing any day. (Actually my 2nd try....my 1st one smelled wrong so I chucked it) I know it's been mentioned to do 2 seperate thin casing layers to cut down the blob growth.

If I remember correctly, it was 1/2” casing, then when the mycelium starts growing thru the casing, add another 1/2”. If I find Faht’s post, I’ll link it.

Edit: here’s the link, he mentions the casing in the first post. Lots of good info in the thread, it’s worth looking through the whole thing.

https://mycotopia.ne...e-tubs-by-faht/

Edited by ElPirana, 21 July 2021 - 12:10 PM.

• Sidestreet, fahtster, bezevo and 1 other like this

#5 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 11:13 AM

Thanks for finding that link ElPirana. I just opened up my PE shoebox and cased it last night. I saved enough moss/verm casing material to add another layer in a few days. Shoulda taken a pic.... This is my first grow on these and fingers crossed it goes well.

#6 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,033 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 July 2021 - 06:39 AM

I've got one of these going too atm.  I'm just casing with "The Casing Mix Formerly Known As 50/50".

Now it's just called CV.

#7 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 25 July 2021 - 07:15 AM

I really enjoy casing with straight jiffy seed starter cuz I'm lazy!

• Oldpunk likes this

#8 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 620 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 08:45 AM

Damn. I took a pic before casing but apparently I was too impatient cuz it ended up a blur from moving the phone too soon. After 5 days the myc ate through almost all the casing so I added a 2nd layer this morning. I have one more shoebox colonizing and then I'm out of projects for a bit. Had some grain jars going but it got into the 90s in my garage and I think they got too warm. They just don't look right.

#9 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 620 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 08:48 AM

Slacker...

I really enjoy casing with straight jiffy seed starter cuz I'm lazy!

But hey... Takes one to know one.

#10 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 10:54 AM

I have one lone shoebox of this cube strain I've been lazy about cleaning totally on agar. It matted like a lot of my things do, so I cased thinly, and it's fruiting in 2 small patches. Once these few pins mature, I'll case the areas that didn't pin and see what happens.

I case a lot of cubes based on my climate.  

Edited by rockyfungus, 26 July 2021 - 10:56 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!