Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Rye Experimentation Working! Lot's of side pinning though: what should I do?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2021 - 06:40 PM

I'd pick everything and wait a week or so for new pins.
  • motley likes this

#42 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 August 2021 - 01:08 PM

Looks like a bunch of new pins are coming up now actually, next to all the aborts

#43 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2021 - 10:29 PM

Maybe harvest the aborts with the next flush then.
  • MushLuvR and motley like this

#44 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 06:29 PM

Cool. I'm just wondering why so many aborted. There are a lot of people who say not to mist at all when fruiting, because it causes aborts, and others say you should mist all the time, since it leads to bigger fruit. Maybe I misted too much and didn't give enough FAE? The misting was very light, up in the air, indirectly falling

#45 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 293 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2021 - 09:21 AM

Regular Cubes you shouldn't have to mist after they start pinning since they will usually be done in 2-4 days time(fastest cube I've done is AA+ 2 days after PINS she's done and sporulating).  If growing PE, they are a thirsty variety(or varieties I should say) and require more water and AIR.  For Example, my APE pins for about 3 days, and the last 4-6 days are all AIR for fruit development.  I actually blew it a little bit misting a little longer than I should have(this round), but it's a fine(still refining this APE Monster) line in shitty dry AIR and thirsty fruits(and higher temps). Much easier to grow in any other Season(in my environment) that's for sure.    

• motley likes this

#46 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 03:49 PM

Cool! The second flush is here! Check out the pic. I'm not misting at all during this fruiting stage, giving tons of air, and the fruits look good so far! The aborts you see are still the ones from the first flush. The sides of the container don't have any condensation at all at this point though (even though the sides of the sub are very moist) I hope that's OK

Attached Thumbnails

• 2nd Flush.jpg

Edited by motley, 06 August 2021 - 04:00 PM.

• MushLuvR likes this

#47 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 293 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2021 - 04:49 PM

Looking healthier FUR sure... you can mist the walls and the bottom of the lid the heat from the mycelium with make it foggy in there(condensation).  Solid looking tho'... some phatties in there.  Congrats.  

• motley likes this

#48 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 05:57 PM

Thanks! Will do! Looking forward to this harvest :D

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!