• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 04:14 PM

Several months ago, March to be exact, I made 6 pint jars of rye with the intent to colonize each with a different variety. I let them fully colonize then put them in my garage fridge waiting of the proper time. One contamed on me, a spore syringe taken from a Tidal Wave print I got from a vendor. This thread is about the KSSS jar. I singled this one out cause shroom piss is threatening to kill it.

I've been having problems with burst grains during prep so I modified my approach this time. Instead of simmering for 10 minutes I brought it to 165 F, removed it from the heat and let it sit for 7 minutes before dumping in the sieve. That did the trick, instead of perhaps a hundred burst grains I only had less than a dozen. As for the rest of the sterilization process nothing is changed. It's in the PC coming up to pressure at the moment. After letting it run it's course I'll do a G2G of the KSSS.

On a side note I've got 2 jars of PE just about done colonizing and will probably spawn it this weekend.

• ElPirana, Salty117 and YoshiTrainer like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!