• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 11:23 AM

In one of my grows, the first mature mushroom had a veil which broke really early. It's not just a case of the mushroom maturing when it was small. Instead of the veil stretching and breaking as the mushroom grew, the veil was never really well attached to the top. The cap stayed curved and the mushroom quadrupled in size after the veil broke. The skirt is now about 1/4 the way up the stem, so, very low down. Now, I can tell from the shape of the cap that it is ready to harvest. The thing is, I think the same thing is happening to another mushroom in the same grow. So my question is, is there something (humidity, genetics, etc.) that can cause the veil to break before maturity? The grow in question is the one discussed here: https://mycotopia.ne...uld-i-do/page-2

Edited by motley, 29 July 2021 - 11:24 AM.

#2 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 318 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 July 2021 - 12:17 PM

Usually that is genetics and doesn't really matter(doesn't affect the fruit).  Grow Cubes long enough you will see all kinds of mutations or variations.  For example, gills growing on top of a cap, stipe popping through the top of the Cap, with PE, the craziness is endless(all kinds of deformed caps, crinkled stems, one side of cap helmet like the other Regular Cube looking).  Sometimes you get twinsies, blobs, I have an APE tub currently, and one of them has two caps and wrapped around like a curly fry.  This sport is humbling and never ceases to Amaze me.   :meditate:

• Sidestreet, Salty117 and motley like this

#3 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 03:03 PM

Good to know! Looking forward to all the future grows keeping me guessing, lol :D

#4 livefrom215

livefrom215

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 01:36 PM

Wait til you grow some PE for the first time and see the mutant blobs you get from them. Awesome probably one of my favorite grows, I still want to grow some APES and Pans... I actually just got my hands on some Pans spores but I'm going to take some time off growing to focus on my microdosing. Enjoy this journey Motley... you will learn something new with every single grow. Much love brotha!!

• motley likes this

#5 motley

motley

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 02:27 PM

Thanks for the well wishes! PE is definitely on the "to do" list, lol. Good luck with the microdosing! I've been experimenting with that as well :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!