#1 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,346 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2021 - 09:22 PM

Just did this a bit ago. One of the worst damn things I have ever done to my dumb damn self. Ugh...

Blew it out my sinuses and nose, choked for a good 20 minutes. Swallow this stuff carefully and mindfully, because you do NOT wanna do this to yourself. I gave some to a friend who snorted 6-7 grams I gave him lol now I know how that feels. (Not good) My sinuses are impacted with it now, and got a doctor's appt tomorrow lol. 

Ugh this was NOT good, and a first for me, at least to this extent. I hope it has no long lasting consequences, because it feels like I got particulate in a lot of places it should NOT be lol. Wish me luck. Ugh once again.

EDIT: damn that was ROUGH!

Edited by Coopdog, 10 August 2021 - 09:23 PM.

• Baphom3t likes this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,038 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2021 - 09:52 PM

I can only imagine and its not a pretty picture.........................

I am a big fan of saline rinse and if I had this happen, I think a couple good saline flushes with a NETI pot would greatly help wash some of that out of your sinuses. It certainly would do no harm.

• Myc, Coopdog, Juthro and 2 others like this

#3 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,301 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2021 - 10:58 PM

I found one teaspoon is plenty more and i hurl ..............

i toss n wash

i put 1/4 cup water i warm it ad one teaspoon . stir up good swallow as fast as i can so don't taste then rinse quick with juice or coffee

• Coopdog and Baphom3t like this

#4 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 347 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 11:37 PM

I tried it and never really liked it.

No real pain relief, and often just  felt unpleasantly speedy, or if a little too much, then a headache.

I consider it a waste of money

It has one of the worst tastes ever.

It should never be snorted.

Utube is full of videos, of folks trying to disguise the taste in all sorts of drinks.

Yet strangely some seem to end up addicted.

Different strokes for different folks.

Edited by shiftingshadows, 10 August 2021 - 11:39 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#5 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,808 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2021 - 11:55 PM

Sorry about your experience, Coop, thats a rough one.  I think Sky's suggestion of using a neti pot, with a saline solution would be a good idea.

Stay well brother.

• Coopdog and Cuboid like this

#6 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,142 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2021 - 04:07 AM

Ouch!  Cap that stuff up or something, man!

• Coopdog likes this

#7 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,038 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2021 - 08:53 AM

How are you doing this morning Coop?

• TVCasualty and Coopdog like this

#8 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,864 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2021 - 09:32 AM

Damn that sounds rough.

Hope you're feeling better today, or as soon as possible if not yet.

• Coopdog likes this

#9 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,864 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2021 - 10:04 AM

That sounds like the "cinnamon" challenge that was going around for awhile - where folks were challenged to consume a dry teaspoon-full of powdered cinnamon. The video I watched gave me some clear insight into your current struggle.

Plus one for the NETI pot. It works - even though I don't care for the sensation - it does work.

Hoping you're feeling better today.

Edited by Myc, 11 August 2021 - 10:05 AM.

• Coopdog likes this

#10 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,346 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2021 - 12:34 PM

Feeling better today Skye but I definitely do NOT recommend that experience lol. Bezevo that is exactly how I do it. Not had much trouble until this time lol. My Gramma had a Netty pot when I was a kid, may have to look into getting one for future issues. I can probably pick one up at Rite aid or somewhere. Sure wish I would have had it last night, and I will stop and look on my way home from my Dr. appt. today, because I think it would still do me some good. 

I agree it should not be snorted, as it doesn't even dissolve. When I saw my friend sucking up a fat rail of it I was shocked! Can't imagine and don't want to know how that felt later on lol. 

• TVCasualty, Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#11 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 347 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 12:44 PM

I think neti is a good suggestion. If you've never done it these may be helpful:

https://www.youtube.... pot how to use

#12 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,077 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2021 - 03:24 PM

Coop, I take Kratom infrequently and a few times I've def. had it congeal in the back of my mouth when I measured a rough teaspoon out. I just take like a mouthful of water swallow a bit drop the kratom and chug...toss n' wash."
Shits truly vile when it just sticks in the nasopharyngeal area

• Coopdog likes this

#13 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

I Put That Shit On Everything!

• VIP
  • 826 posts

Donator

Posted 11 August 2021 - 04:05 PM

Powdered kratom is a pain in the ass to swallow.
I found the best way for me was to put small amounts in my mouth at a time and then slam some water or whatever you choose. Rinse and repeat.
You can always put it in capsules and swallow it like a pill. Just watch the dosage amounts.

Edited by Baphom3t, 11 August 2021 - 04:07 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#14 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,038 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2021 - 04:17 PM

Glad your doing a little better today Coop. You already know this my friend, but for any new users out there....

IMO, Kratom has to be taken suspended in liquid and drank. There are less than OK side effects from any dry consumption method including swallowing capsules of dry powder. Once the capsule dissolves, you are left with a clump of kratom that compacts pretty easily causing a nice case of constipation.....

Maybe that's more important to old folks like me............

I use the saline sinus rinse with some frequency. I am prone to sinus infections so I have found keeping things flushed out regularly helps immensely avoid compaction and problems. I really hate the actual "teapot" pour method, and have found that the

NeilMed Sinus rinse kit with the squeeze bottle works better, and feels less awkward to use.

OK, sorry for the hijack and commercial...............

• Coopdog and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#15 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,142 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2021 - 04:18 PM

The dosing of that kratom is what has kept me from using it, it is not pleasant to take.

Anyone ever try to make tea out of it?

I might legit die if I tried to snort that up my nose, she does not like foreign substances up there that is for sure. A week long sinus infection every time you do a bump keeps you far far away from ever attempting that sort of thing

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#16 bozefonce

bozefonce

peculiar star

• OG VIP
  • 742 posts

Donator

Posted 11 August 2021 - 05:30 PM

Sorry to hear you had a rough time with it, Coop.

I don't take kratom as often as I used to but have found that mixing it in warm water first to dissolve it, then mixing that with your favorite juice helps a lot. I've also dissolved it in hot coffee (not too hot, extra sugar and cream helps) and found it quite palatable. Warm liquid dissolves it better and you assimilate it more quickly ime.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
  • Coopdog, Skywatcher and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#17 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,301 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2021 - 06:28 PM

it won't disolve in cool water very well ......

poor enough water for one gulp...... heat water .... hot ...not to hot,... stirr in Kratom .i use tsp full .  better desolves in warm or hot water ,

let cool enough to TOSS n  Wash .

bez

• bozefonce, Coopdog and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#18 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,159 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2021 - 07:16 PM

Since this thread has become a How to consume Kratom thread rather than What Not To Do. You all that have a hard time with the taste, I have one for ya. Take one tsp MCT Oil Powder (look it up) and one tsp Kratom, mix it with cold or warm water. The MCT's neutralizes the taste of the Kratom while works like a solvent and help suspend the kratom in the water. In particular Skywatcher, you should check this out cuz I know there are others in your life that you have wanted to find a solution for the taste of a Toss & Wash.

More experiments to come with the MCT's with the mush extracts to see how it helps with the flavor. Currently I add one tsp raw cacoa to the above mix and get a mild watered down chocolate taste from the Toss & Wash.

Edited by coorsmikey, 11 August 2021 - 07:19 PM.

• bozefonce, Coopdog, Skywatcher and 3 others like this

#19 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,301 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2021 - 09:16 PM

ok  define MTC ? heh

• Coopdog likes this

#20 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,159 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2021 - 09:38 PM

MCT Oil Powder (look it up)

Sometimes the journey is the rabbit hole that leads into….another rabbit hole! For you Bez.
MCT= Medium Chain Triglycerides
  • Myc, Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!