• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 August 2021 - 09:16 AM

Well this is totally not a surprise, but it's nice to finally be able to document it.

Heard of Lauren Boebert? Melissa Carone? Candace Owens? Tomi Lahren? Anna Khait? Tarah Price? Scott Pressler? Tara Szczepanski? Polina Chebotarev? Jairo Rodriguez?

Guess what they all have in common (I mean besides being fucking idiots).

Okay I'll just tell you. They're all failed actors, err I mean "talent" who were "discovered" on the scam site "ExploreTalent." They are literal crisis actors.

The receipts are being gathered here:

https://twitter.com/...449854224031745

This is more than a little ironic, don't ya think? The whack-jobs doth protest about "crisis actors" too much, methinks. They sure seem to embody everything they accuse "the libs" or "the radical left" of doing, which seems to be a oddly common phenomenon.

Next step is the following the money part.

• Juthro and Moonless like this

#2 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,928 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 August 2021 - 06:50 PM

Listening to those type of people on a regular basis, whatever their allegiance may be is not healthy for any us. I see them as a huge part of the discourse now. I have to admit I am certainly not immune and find myself clicking on the bait. They have no more credibility than your or I to be talking about the issues.

It seems like Folk listen to them, myself included, and then parrot it poorly on social media. Trying to avoid most of those talking heads altogether. At the end of the day we have to accept it is about the money, getting our attention

Speaking of actors, has anyone else noticed this odd trend.

I feel like if you go back a few decades like 70's 80' or even early 90's. You have clips or interviews of regular folk, to me it seems like they tend to talk slower, and calmer to one another.

These days it feels like everyone is in a fucking infomercial with the way they speak. I mean those kids on tic tok are confident as all hell. The inflection and enthusiasm, I find it very odd when you actually step back and take notice.

• TVCasualty likes this

#3 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2021 - 08:29 AM

Well this is totally not a surprise, but it's nice to finally be able to document it.

Heard of Lauren Boebert? Melissa Carone? Candace Owens? Tomi Lahren? Anna Khait? Tarah Price? Scott Pressler? Tara Szczepanski? Polina Chebotarev? Jairo Rodriguez?

Guess what they all have in common (I mean besides being fucking idiots).

Okay I'll just tell you. They're all failed actors, err I mean "talent" who were "discovered" on the scam site "ExploreTalent." They are literal crisis actors.

The receipts are being gathered here:

https://twitter.com/...449854224031745

This is more than a little ironic, don't ya think? The whack-jobs doth protest about "crisis actors" too much, methinks. They sure seem to embody everything they accuse "the libs" or "the radical left" of doing, which seems to be a oddly common phenomenon.

Next step is the following the money part.

Well this is weird. Looks like all the ExploreTalent pages that she'd posted screen shots of are now "Protected" tweets (her entire account was "Protected"). That makes no sense because the whole point of the thread was that it's a public disclosure of what she'd found out about the people listed above.

Well, it makes a little more sense if we assume the worst, like she'd been threatened or hacked or someone pulled some strings at Twitter HQ in retaliation for shining a light on something that those involved would certainly not want to see being disclosed. But there's no proof of that yet.

Looks like one person (correction: turns out it was God) wrote an article about it before it all vanished: https://god.dailydot...-crisis-actors/

#4 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,736 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2021 - 10:45 AM

That really is strange. I wonder why a "whistle-blower" would start such a discussion and then limit who can see it.

Did anyone think to take a screenshot of that link?  I kinda wish I had now so I can parse through the comments more carefully.

Must have been something important in there to make it worth quashing.

• TVCasualty likes this

#5 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2021 - 12:24 PM

I wonder if ExploreTalent sent a takedown demand to Twitter for copyright reasons (the argument being that the images belong to ET. and the thread is not Fair Use)?

That would be the simplest explanation, and seems likely since it would be expected that shady fuckers don't like light shined on them and so would do whatever they could to make it go away, however petty.

If it comes back up eventually I bet all those profiles will have been scrubbed from ET's site, like they're trying to do to history in Texas.

#6 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,928 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2021 - 09:07 PM

My guess is somebody used those terms and conditions of twitter in their favor

• TVCasualty likes this

#7 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 August 2021 - 07:55 AM

One guy we all remember who was part of it but not on the list above was the "Q shaman" from the Capitol "tour" and someone did screen capture of that one at least.

This must be an old image since his address hasn't been updated to whichever jail he's in:

jackassforhire.jpg

Edited by TVCasualty, 15 August 2021 - 07:56 AM.

#8 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,736 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 August 2021 - 10:46 AM

Not knowing anything about Twitter it's hard for me to dig through this stuff. I went to one of the "feeds" and just started reading comments - but I don't have the context for the entire conversation. I opened a couple of the links provided within the commentary and the sites were oriented toward bashing certain parties. Not really my thing.

It's not clear to me if both sides are using these folks - or if it is just one group.

Either way, I find it creepy that these actors are even willing to play the part. Did the Q-shaman get paid enough to justify going to jail for awhile? Or was he just another willing idiot who used his stimulus check to buy a bus ticket?

#9 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,928 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 August 2021 - 03:48 PM

I mean what are we talking about here, is it any surprise a bunch of failed actors turned out to be idiots?

Last time I checked in on the old Q shaman they were going for the mental disorder or disabled or whatever you want to call it plea deal. I sort of feel sorry for the guy, for lack of a better word he appeared to be a typical conspiracy loser to me. A thirty something living in his moms basement,  was permanently unemployed and likely spent hours and hours on the internet trying to build some sort of fame.

Although the recent news around the FBI's involvement in the kidnap the governor plot does make one wonder...

I mean assuming he was a crisis actor based on some linked in style profile seems right up the shaman's alley.

#10 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2021 - 07:54 AM

Not knowing anything about Twitter it's hard for me to dig through this stuff. I went to one of the "feeds" and just started reading comments - but I don't have the context for the entire conversation. I opened a couple of the links provided within the commentary and the sites were oriented toward bashing certain parties. Not really my thing.

It's not clear to me if both sides are using these folks - or if it is just one group.

Either way, I find it creepy that these actors are even willing to play the part. Did the Q-shaman get paid enough to justify going to jail for awhile? Or was he just another willing idiot who used his stimulus check to buy a bus ticket?

Twitter is a very strange place.

From what I've seen browsing it (never got an account there), if you get into an argument  chances are actually very high that you're arguing with literal children. So keep that in mind and don't take anything you see there too seriously.

It's value seems to be in getting multiple unfiltered, real-time glimpses into breaking news events around the world. I happened to drop by one morning and saw the clips of the Beirut explosion mere minutes after it happened and long before any mention of it was made on any major media outlet. But if you only see one image or clip going viral it's probably fake; when something real and major happens there will be many images and clips from different angles and such.

And when it comes to actors, sometimes ambition knows no boundaries, lol...

slide_12082_160941_large.jpg

Edited by TVCasualty, 16 August 2021 - 07:54 AM.

#11 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 September 2021 - 09:59 PM

Bump because everything is back up. I just checked for the hell of it.

And her main page is full of new content that's pretty damned interesting.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!