3 replies to this topic

#1 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 683 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2021 - 01:24 PM

So I've become a big fan and proponent of LED grow lights over the last few years. In case any of you guys are interested I just wanted to let you know that NOW is the time to buy them. The prices of these are currently at their very lowest, it happens mid summer every year since it is the off season for indoor growing in the US, kinda like how the best time to buy fans or air conditioners is in the middle of winter. I myself just invested quite a bit of money on some new ones. I've done a lot of research and tried many different brands and designs so if you guys have any questions or wanna pick my brain about this fantastic new technology feel free to ask. Have a good one guys

Edited by el_ronhub_bird, 17 August 2021 - 01:27 PM.

• FLASHINGROOSTER and Ringo like this

#2 Ringo

Ringo

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 305 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 01:59 PM

Did you make your own or did you buy a name brand? I have always been HID (over 50 years). I did have a blurple early on and I made on that was OK. After I move and get settled, I'll definitely be going LED

Thanks

#3 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 683 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2021 - 04:11 PM

I haven't built any, no I didn't get into that aspect of it. Honestly there are high quality already built models at very reasonable prices so I just leave that to the pros. Blurples sucked, COBs got things going in the right direction, quantum boards are where it's at and the bar style models that are very popular right now are just variations and rearrangements of quantum board tech. I've tried many different brands though, between me and some friends I've personally observed all the big name brands and some not-so-big names perform. There are viable cheaper alternatives to the uber expensive brands like HLG. I've got a bit of experience with HIDs, not 50 years though lol. More like 15

#4 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,017 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2021 - 04:48 PM

Buying another LED has been on the long to do list for a while. Three plants under the one has been okay but I know one more light would be way better. You can see how they bend towards it trying to get that sweet ass light

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!