• TVCasualty, August West, Coopdog and 4 others like this

#2 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,922 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2021 - 03:54 PM

For the last few years I have been swearing to my friends I should quit my job and try to run something along those lines. There is a huge market for folk living in those concrete jungles, a deep seeded desire to have a perspective shift and to do so in nature. 

I have dreams and vision of building sacred geometry or architecture. Thinking stone hedge type stuff out in the back yard. A nice mixture of grass and stone in certain alignments so as to invoke feelings of oneness with the universe

• roc, August West, Coopdog and 2 others like this

#3 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,683 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2021 - 04:03 PM

Hell yeah, I'm (still) in!

I've already got a lot of experience doing that very thing for psychedelic newbies right here in the states over the past few decades. Not full time or with large groups or anything like that, but often enough in one-on-one sessions to qualify as a "trip leader" for such outings ("trip leader" was my actual job title for years back when I was a whitewater raft guide, which I always got a kick out of).

I've even already got access to several privately-owned venues that are ideal for this kind of thing (wanna buy a farm?), just not in states that have begun to pull their heads out of their asses about it yet. But that might be something that can be gotten around in one of several ways, and the legal climate might change for the better sooner than expected as priorities are rearranged in the face of our impending societal collapse.

It would be nice to offer the option of such a service that was not intertwined with any particular tradition of use, since it's obviously not necessary for them to work as advertised and might cause confusion thanks to mixing in likely-confusing elements of an unfamiliar culture during such a startlingly unfamiliar experience.

I would expect that the Achilles heel of such a project conducted as a legal business entity within the United States will be the liability insurance, or rather the difficulty in getting any for a venture who's risk would be very difficult to quantify and therefore set premiums for. As such it will almost certainly be prohibitively expensive. Some will probably go ahead without it, but they may end up deeply regretting it since Shit Happens.

• roc, August West, Moonless and 2 others like this

#4 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2021 - 04:16 PM

When I initially read that headline I had (have) mixed feelings about something I've been talking about for 20 years now finally showing up in Bloomberg. At least now the entrepreneurs talking about it don't have to be concerned with prison time. 

• roc, TVCasualty and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#5 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,109 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2021 - 06:35 AM

I would expect that the Achilles heel of such a project conducted as a legal business entity within the United States will be the liability insurance, or rather the difficulty in getting any for a venture who's risk would be very difficult to quantify and therefore set premiums for. As such it will almost certainly be prohibitively expensive. Some will probably go ahead without it, but they may end up deeply regretting it since Shit Happens.

You are absolutely right about this and this is compounded by being in the good old USA!

My guess is that those doing this have solid disclaimers that protect themselves but again that probably wouldn't fly in the USA.

As you point out we are nearing a time that our so called "illegal activity" will over time become tolerated and this side of the legal obstacle will be less than today.
New Mexico would probably be the safest place as far as legal climate goes because they have been an exception for years to prosecuting unlike other commie controlled states.

• TVCasualty and Moonless like this

#6 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,109 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2021 - 06:53 AM

I've been following these folks for a couple of years and get their newsletter.

https://fungiacademy.com/

I'm amazed at their growth and offerings since signing up with them.

• TVCasualty likes this

#7 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,683 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2021 - 07:22 AM

There's a group of folks who have formed their own church not far from where I live (which is as deeply red as red states get). They have membership cards and everything, so you know they're serious (lol). I got some really nice changa from them awhile back.

Anyway, they do a lot of tripping out at their property while claiming a religion exemption, though I get the impression that while they're claiming religious freedom it's probably more about being in a very rural County with a possibly-sympathetic Sheriff. As such, it's a tenuous situation that could change for the worse at any moment (or if there's ever a new Sheriff in town). And the people who often go there end up tripping on LSD or MDMA as much as Ayahuasca or mushrooms. So it's got a strong party vibe going on, which might hurt their standing as a "church" in the long run.

On the other hand, they've been at it for a few years and so far so good so it's hard to say how risky just going for it really is these days.

• roc and rockyfungus like this

#8 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 21 August 2021 - 09:23 AM

I'm down for starting a church. I need a good public speaker, a ghost writer, and about 100k.
There's money to be made and the past few years have proven how easy of a mark the average person is.

Call me P. Bong Triphard and I'll write a tumblir fan fic as our dogma. We can make tons of money and get away with anything! 

• roc, TVCasualty and Moonless like this

#9 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,950 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2021 - 07:53 AM

I wanna run the woodlover department.........

A

• roc, TVCasualty and rockyfungus like this

#10 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,683 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2021 - 09:17 AM

You got it.

I'll be in charge of product testing if nobody has any objections. 

• roc and Arathu like this

#11 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 22 August 2021 - 09:51 AM

Cool so we got strong enough medicine to get people meeting our diety, old Greg? (I'm down for a healthy discourse on dogma)

We need lawyers, security, publicists, social media, and investors, maybe an offshore account? What else am I missing?

#12 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,950 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2021 - 03:15 PM

A safe haven that's wooded, for a few nice colonies of various woodlovers would basically be a perpetual motion machine.....aside from the "monks" / devotee's gathering wind dropped wood and feed for the beds and perhaps carrying water (which could also be avoided by careful choice of the placement and available water....) Spring, summer, and fall woodies are out there.....damn sure enough for wintering around the huge fire pit's......I'm sure...

In the right environment something like this could easily support itself and do a shitload of good....I bet people would never want to leave.....

You're gonna need a bigger dehydrator.......

A

• Juthro likes this

#13 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 22 August 2021 - 03:27 PM

Riparian and wooded is ideal. Water is ideal and calming. Communal fire pit, bathroom, kitchen, and permanent yurts.

All joking aside it’s something I wish was easier to navigate.

Many people need therapy or someone to talk to. Be nice to have a special place with experienced and willing people to watch over others.

#14 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,683 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2021 - 07:15 PM

Cool so we got strong enough medicine to get people meeting our diety, old Greg? (I'm down for a healthy discourse on dogma)

Greg ain't MY god!

I'm a high (as fuck) priest of Xάος, which is older than the gods!

A safe haven that's wooded, for a few nice colonies of various woodlovers would basically be a perpetual motion machine.....aside from the "monks" / devotee's gathering wind dropped wood and feed for the beds and perhaps carrying water (which could also be avoided by careful choice of the placement and available water....) Spring, summer, and fall woodies are out there.....damn sure enough for wintering around the huge fire pit's......I'm sure...

In the right environment something like this could easily support itself and do a shitload of good....I bet people would never want to leave.....

You're gonna need a bigger dehydrator.......

A

Or skip the dehydrator and make tea from all the freshies.

One of my proposals for "the farm" I posted the thread about that I made to the owner a few years ago was to host a bluegrass festival on it (it's a great site for that) and my role would be to make an outdoor bed of fungi (probably cubes) ahead of time along the periphery of the field where the stage is set up. So the field would be surrounded by a 1/2-mile long mushroom patch (dare to dream) that would ideally be fruiting massively during the festival. She liked the idea so was into it.

So no psychedelics would need to be brought in unless you preferred tripping on something else and none would need to be bought or sold, helping minimize liability for all involved through plausible deniability; "Heck if I know where all those mushrooms came from, it rained recently and they all just popped up there!"

Beds of woodlovers and cubes would be ideal to maximize the length of the outdoor growing (and music festival) season. Music festivals aren't even required; it could be a venue for hosting "how to grow veggies organically" type classes or primitive survival skills or whatever ("Oh, look at these mushrooms we found growing wild!"). Or all of the above.

Edited by TVCasualty, 22 August 2021 - 07:16 PM.

• Arathu and rockyfungus like this

#15 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 22 August 2021 - 08:30 PM

Greg ain't MY god!

I'm a high (as fuck) priest of Xάος, which is older than the gods!

More a latin student myself, but holy hell i forgot about that myth. That's before Chronos got his ball thrown into the sea IIRC?

• TVCasualty likes this

#16 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 417 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 12:48 PM

Let's do this in Oaxaca.

Land is available up in the mountains, where they already grow naturally.... and the land is (relatively) cheap....

My goal is to do this as soon as funds become available... at this point fingers crossed hoping a couple of years.

Wooded, remote, find some land with a spring....... .

But, if we chip in together, could be sooner?

I'd love to build some small cob cabins, a larger excercise/ 'yoga' shala, wood floored..... I especially want to build a dodecahedron.

edit edit: It'd be cool to offer the introductury experiences for people in a setting designed for it; but I'm more excited about the idea of the possibilites present in a longer-term community of committed individuals coming together to get into the deeper depth of frequent work with the medicine....

Edited by Severian, 27 August 2021 - 12:53 PM.

• rockyfungus likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!