#21 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2021 - 02:53 AM

I haven't read replies past Flashing Roosters first one. There is way too much in your post to break down statement by statement, so I will give you a general answer for now. The first thing I will say is that there is NO WAY possible to explain your realizations or your revelations to anyone else, even people far down the path. Those are for you alone, and like the person who finds religion, or the person having their first real spiritual experience, it is for you and you alone. There is no way in hell to explain it to anyone, even though you are a very well written and concise speaker. Respect for that. 

The world now is set up for short attention span theater. The people creating the narrative have not encouraged deep thinking nor rationalization for many years, and very few people will read much of anything more than a couple of paragraphs long, because they have been conditioned not to, especially since digital communication and social media came about. It has been very intentionally programmed in, or maybe I should say programmed out, to prevent anyone looking past a simple google search. Their social conditioning forbids it and renders it not worth their time. 

People can look up paragraphs on top of paragraphs discussing people's simple "spiritual" awakenings, to the point that many now feel they don't have to do it themselves, hell, it's all online. 

Brother... I have given up on trying to tell anyone anything. Now I focus on my own small circle, and I do my best to keep it fairly positive, in my own little world. Let the rest of the world take care of itself. You are worrying over things beyond anyone's ability to overcome. I realized years ago I am not for general consumption, and outside of here I don't really mention sacraments or even things like meditation unless someone else brings it up and seems genuinely interested. (Nobody does)

I wrote and published a book, and did my best to keep it very simplistic after rereading my first few pages and realizing that literally nobody else cares enough to even begin to look at the realizations and revelations I have come to. I went back and started it over again and wrote it for the short attention span world we live in now. Not sold very many, but I do get small royalty checks every 90 days lol. (very small) I guess I am following the same line as all the rest of the people who feel they have been seeking long enough to find... something. 

The big boss you have to beat is your own subconscious trying to make you think you have to change things. Live it day by day, and time flies like mad. Before you know it the sun will not come up for you one of these days, and your time here will be spent. Try somehow to find pleasure in the little things that fill up the fleeting time we have here. Smile at the rainbows, and take pleasure in the love of your family, or your dog, or just watching the rabbits playing in the back yard. The time will pass before you know it.

Much love and respect brother. 

• pharmer, Arathu, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#22 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 953 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2021 - 09:09 AM

Words of wisdom Coop. I’ve been learning some of the same lessons and have decreased looking for ways to tell other people what I have learned. So many are just not receptive... many people are closed off to anything that threatens their own ideas. I wonder if it’s always been this way.
  • Coopdog and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#23 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,928 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2021 - 09:56 AM

The meaning of life is whatever meaning you make it. Its up to you

#24 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2021 - 01:10 PM

i do NOT think it has always been this way. I was born a seeker, and never felt like I thought the same as other people. Not that I was every anything better than them, maybe even not as good as many, but always so damn "different". I grew up wondering why and what to so many things, and never understood the hype and excitement that most people seemed to get from things that were basically programmed into them it seemed. Now that I am older I just take it for what it is, and try to not stick my head to far out of my circle and not get noticed any more than I have to. I don't know what the hell is happening to our human consciousness, but I certainly know that I don't seem to want any part of this leap in humanity. It's hard enough to stay happy here in my little hole in the wall as it is, and when I look out and read the headlines, it just shocks and hurts me, so I don't do that very often. 

#25 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 417 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 05:46 PM

I haven't read replies past Flashing Roosters first one. There is way too much in your post to break down statement by statement, so I will give you a general answer for now. The first thing I will say is that there is NO WAY possible to explain your realizations or your revelations to anyone else, even people far down the path. Those are for you alone, and like the person who finds religion, or the person having their first real spiritual experience, it is for you and you alone. There is no way in hell to explain it to anyone, even though you are a very well written and concise speaker. Respect for that. 

The world now is set up for short attention span theater. The people creating the narrative have not encouraged deep thinking nor rationalization for many years, and very few people will read much of anything more than a couple of paragraphs long, because they have been conditioned not to, especially since digital communication and social media came about. It has been very intentionally programmed in, or maybe I should say programmed out, to prevent anyone looking past a simple google search. Their social conditioning forbids it and renders it not worth their time. 

People can look up paragraphs on top of paragraphs discussing people's simple "spiritual" awakenings, to the point that many now feel they don't have to do it themselves, hell, it's all online. 

Much love and respect brother. 

Yes. thanks for those words- I can see exactly that- Which is part of the frustration I was expressing in the original post; I feel a drive to write / to share- and yet I recognize the futility of it-  Since posting this, I have come to some peace though; I mean; fuck it; if it brings me a small measure of enjoyment in writing out my thoughts and sharing them; I can be happy with that. Not my responsibility how the words are received, or if someone manages to read past the first paragraph. 

"Like button" 

"I'm not meant for mass consumption." I like that alot. 

Though I do have to say Fuck the Twitter kids- I've recognized the dangers of   the 140 charectar limit for years now and rejected it firmly; but it is irritating that it's difficult to find people who can hold a conversation on a single topic and get into it deeply; or who enjoy reading and discussing thoughts presented in essay format as a 'normal' thing. Grateful for those here on mycotopia who are willing to dive into it (whatever it is). 

What's amusing is that  I consider myself to have adhd. 

Edited by Severian, 07 September 2021 - 05:47 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#26 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 953 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2021 - 12:38 PM

The big boss you have to beat is your own subconscious trying to make you think you have to change things.

What if the only thing keeping the fight going is the idea that you can make experience be one way and not the other? ‘I want to feel good and not bad, so I will do things to feel good, to prolong the good, and avoid things that feel bad.’ But that’s a never-ending battle and can lead to all sorts of unintended consequences.

Fighting is ok if fighting is what you want. But there is always an opportunity, at any moment, to let it all go. Letting go may be the only thing that can be done.

So then, what remains? Quiet, eternal peace, out of which all experience arises. I admit the experience may still be painful, but the experience cannot stain the peace behind it. And that eternal peace is ‘I’. It is my ‘I’ and it is your ‘I’. And it is ALWAYS there. No fighting or struggling or changing is necessary. It is not something that you cultivate or create. You don’t have to do anything or act a certain way to make it.

The only thing stopping anyone from knowing this is belief in the mind’s creations.

The Self is here and now and alone. It is not new and something to be acquired. It is natural and permanent. The term “Self” refers to the unlimited, the infinite Self; do not limit its meaning.

Consciousness of the Self is the normal state; our present entanglement is the abnormal state. We imagine that we have to develop towards a perfect state, when we are already in it now, but have covered it with external things and thoughts.

• Coopdog and Arathu like this

#27 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2021 - 02:24 PM

I very much do believe the experience can be controlled, at least as far as your reaction to it. THAT is where the pain comes from, it is literally a choice we make to let it effect us that way. That is what I have been working on for many years now. I can't change the world (yet) but I can indeed monitor and guide my reactions to the bad into a place of peace and acceptance. I also think that if our consciousness finds a certain frequency we can indeed change the molecular and perceptual reality we are moving through. It's all a dream after all. Until then though, all I can do is work on my reaction to the things I direct my consciousness to pay attention to, and it's all just the same energy either way. 

Justintime speaks of interdimensional beings that feed off of certain energy, especially fear, anger, and lust. Those three seem to be what nearly every attention getter in this world is attempting to manipulate us in to feeling. There is a strong and undeniable pattern. I have been struggling with anger and sadness for the last year myself with my wife back East. It's almost as if my energy has been sheared in half, and the good parts are out of reach right now. This is a perception that (I) have, not necessarily the way it really is. It is how my petulant lower self is choosing to react to this, and I need to work on the higher me in order to heal that. Feeling that way is exhausting and a complete waste of valuable life, and I realize that, and I am working on it. 

Just remember, it is your reaction that is causing the pain, and this can be rectified with practice and intent. Recognize that reaction and stomp on it and replace it with acceptance. It truly gets easier with practice. The mind CAN be trained. Listen to me preaching what I am failing to practice right now my damn self. OK,note to higher self... Duly noted. 

#28 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 September 2021 - 02:09 AM

Been learning more about this whole struggling thing my damn self... So damn tired.

#29 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,928 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 September 2021 - 03:43 PM

Seems to be plenty of that going around my friend

They say September can be one of the more stressful months of the year. Those dog days of summer becoming a faded memory.The changing of the seasons, the shift towards winter. Kids going back to school and society at large returning to more structured scheduled activities. Oh and for some folk a third or fourth wave.

Peace and Love yall we will get through this shit together

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!