• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 433 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 06:56 PM

My significant other pointed out to me that there's a couple of words that I used to use when performing menial tasks ranging from throwing something away to setting my keys and wallet on the table that I haven't used in some time, and I came to the realization that since one of my trips last year is when I seemed to stop using these words.. mindlessly saying "blao" when I set something down was something they found amusing that I did and it took me almost a year to realize I haven't been saying this when I do things. It's like after one of my trips my brain tossed that action out the window. I was wondering if anyone else here has had some similar change like this occur, not necessarily exclusive to vernacular unique to you but even something small that was just sort of a "without thinking" kind of automatic action that after a trip, you seem to no longer have that "mindless action" come up?

P.S. I may have a type of OCD.. combined with rampant ADD so maybe this is just another rambling post that no one relates to, I was just curious if anyone else has had similar post-trip changes like that. If you read all this, thanks for your time!

• ElPirana, FLASHINGROOSTER and YoshiTrainer like this

#2 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,430 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 September 2021 - 10:30 AM

I've deliberately jettisoned behaviors after a good inward looking trip showed the behaviors to be social " misfits "  - things that just don't go over well in polite conversation

It's fascinating how much self improvement comes from tuning out the world and doing the introspection that comes only with a good dose of good drugs

Just occurred to me that tripping may actually accelerate the 'growing up' process

• phlegmbae, Salty117 and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#3 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 433 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 11:22 AM

Considering that psilocybin/psilocin is found to promote neurogensis, that wouldn't surprise me. I just didn't expect the "cleaning up" that the mushrooms aided me through to totally remove an action without me cognitively knowing or noticing it and to have gone so long without noticing something was different. I have contemplated the thought of what it would be like if someone were to microdose psilocybin from a young age, say.. 10 years old all the way into adult-hood, like would it have an impact on the rate at which one might mature psychologically/emotionally. I guess that plays on the 'stoned ape' hypothesis a bit.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!