Hey Folks, the Martha is shutdown and I threw away the plastic portion and kept the guts for a possible project... Who knows. Enjoyed the run with this tent, but she has had issues for awhile now and it's time for a New Start.
Well it finally happened, I've ran many blocks and I finally mislabeled two. I thought I was fruiting Pink Oysters, and I was wondering what was taking so long and BAM, a Reishi fruit pops from one of the blocks. Bummer there, I really
wanted another taste of the Pinks, so delicious.
Didn't take a more recent picture, but it's Reishi (Color change and Smell)
The King Oyster Blocks were kicked outside, even cased, they just aren't fruiting, I may have to start over with the Kings. I've never had trouble fruiting KO blocks so I'm baffled, maybe they didn't like the continuous Air like some of the other blocks that didn't make it, like the Beech Clam. The King Blues sure did like the environment, but Oysters thrive in continuous Air environments, I was very successful cycling the Fan for Air so I'll be going back to that arrangement with the new Tent. I'm also going to put the hose at the very top of the tent. Many of the passive holes for Air over time have stretched and I've had to use masking tape for some of them since it would be WAY too much Air and kick on the humidifier too much. Zippers going bad, one was really close to done for, and some rips in the side, it's just time to let it go. 35 bucks WELL spent. There is always the thrill of getting a new setup dialed in, I track everything so it won't be difficult with all the Data from previous years/grows. I'll update here and there and share some of the behind the scenes work. Here is my Shiitake culture from a very dry plate that I was a little worried about. Took longer to jump off the wedge, but once it did, growing quickly now. Take Care and ALL the Best.
Edited by MushLuvR, 09 May 2022 - 11:33 AM.