32 replies to this topic

#1 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,432 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2021 - 01:23 PM

Have you guys seen the reports online that we're to be hit TODAY with a big, "off the charts" CME?

Not a word of it on the mainstream media, not even any of the "alternate" media. Only a couple apparently weirdos online

If the weirdos are right this may be the last post you ever read, because, they say all the electricity is going away for a long time.

Seems like really odd timing given all the Great Reset foolishness coming to a head lately

Oh well, see you soon OR NOT.

It's been a great ride, friends.

• TVCasualty, August West, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#2 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2021 - 03:04 PM

I hadn’t heard but I’m currently in a plane so I may be the first to report.

If it does happen, it’ll only be a matter of time before we find out that DARPA, NORAD, the Pentagon and Gates Foundation had developed contingency plans and were running MCE drills simultaneous to the actual event.
  • FLASHINGROOSTER and YoshiTrainer like this

#3 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,822 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2021 - 03:59 PM

I couldn't find anything either.

The news media never seems to miss an opportunity to inspire fear and panic. I can't imagine that they would pass up the opportunity if this were a real thing.

Just me thinking out loud.

• Skywatcher, Juthro, FLASHINGROOSTER and 1 other like this

#4 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,787 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2021 - 04:21 PM

This one is going to miss and not wipe out all our satellites and the electrical grid, delete all data stored on unshielded drives, etc..

Three of 'em missed us last week: https://www.spaceweather.com/

The current cycle is just getting started and will peak sometime between 2023 and 2026. It would be kind of ironic if we got wiped out by a CME or X-class flare taking out our electronic infrastructure before global warming or a nuclear war does.

• Myc and Skywatcher like this

#5 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,035 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2021 - 04:38 PM

The great barrier is very real and its only a matter of time before we come in contact with it

#6 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,822 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2021 - 10:21 PM

Weird how certain aboriginal cultures' oral histories call for this age - or world - to be destroyed by fire.

I always thought it meant the pandemic - as in a "fire swept the land" - which is a metaphor for disease in ancient literature.

Perhaps it will be the collapse of the global grid. An amplification of what happened in September of 1859 perhaps?

As pointed out - anything not shielded or otherwise hardened against electronic interference is likely to be toast. Many folks are incapable of conceptualizing what this actually means. Your solar array you just bought won't work when the grid fails. Your inverter will be in smoking ruin unless you shielded it somehow (good luck). Without power - the western world does not realize how vulnerable and tenuous the hold on the magic carousel actually is.

Can we launch nukes without a utility grid? How long can we supply fuel to the backup generators in order to ensure and maintain global dominance??

I suppose that something deep inside me is severely damaged because I get some weird sense of satisfaction from examining these issues and carrying out the resultant scenarios.

• FLASHINGROOSTER and Severian like this

#7 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 11:33 AM

I suppose that something deep inside me is severely damaged because I get some weird sense of satisfaction from examining these issues and carrying out the resultant scenarios.

No no no. I disagree heartily. That part deep inside of you is the part that recognizes just how un-natural our 'normal' way of living is; 

The system isn't broken. It's working perfectly.

The only possible way forward is to scrap the whole thing and start over. A legitamet solar flare wiping out all earthly electronics is the only thing I can think of that would in an instant force us to start relating to the world around us in a 'common sense' type of way.  Common sense here as in 'using our senses and interacting with our environment'. This happening of course, after all the city folk tear themselves to pieces playing out the necessary zombie apocalypse trope.

And, obligatory, here's - Puscifer's 'Indigo Children"

[Direct Link]

E.M.P. from the mother and son
Tore the digital down
Dawned are the age of the innocent ones
The indigo children

The indigo children come

Analog time piece, sky wide
Sync to the ticker inside
Move to the rhythm of the moon and tide
The indigo children

Sirius, Venus and the lunar child
Giggle and the flames grow higher
Dance in a circle around a central fire
The indigo children

Sirius, Venus and the lunar child (Let your light open wide)
Giggle and the flames grow higher
Dance in a circle around a central fire (Dance and laugh and love a central fire)
The indigo children

Wine, song, food and fire (Wine, song, food and fire)
Clothes, shelter and seed
No more need for the old empire (Fare thee well to the empire)
The indigo children

#8 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,713 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2021 - 12:30 PM

I say, fuck it...   Let it all burn.   

It's not like I've got a vested interest in the human race, I'm pretty sure I don't even qualify as a pawn in the big picture of life.  The earth will survive, and in a million years we will have been replaced....  So again, I say let it burn. 

We don't have to wait for nature to erase us, we can do that ourselves.

[Direct Link]

#9 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 01:19 PM

I just had a coronal mass ejection  :biggrin:

#10 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,713 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2021 - 01:25 PM

I just had a coronal mass ejection  :biggrin:

but was it premature.... :unsure:

#11 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 01:42 PM

At the very least it was IMmature; but I couldnt help myself.

edit: Did you know that we lose 5mg of zinc everytime we ejaculate?

Edited by Severian, 12 September 2021 - 01:43 PM.

#12 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,713 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2021 - 02:03 PM

At the very least it was IMmature; but I couldnt help myself.

edit: Did you know that we lose 5mg of zinc everytime we ejaculate?

Is it really lost if you know where it went?   :tongue:

• Salty117 likes this

#13 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,787 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2021 - 05:24 PM

zinc.jpg

• Juthro and YoshiTrainer like this

#14 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,713 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2021 - 08:09 PM

LOL :)

Flashbacks..... I can't remember the name of the movie, help a brother out, TV.... :wink:

#15 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,787 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2021 - 09:35 PM

Flashbacks..... I can't remember the name of the movie, help a brother out, TV.... :wink:

I didn't know that was from anything. I just searched on "zinc nose."  :weedpoke: 

#16 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,713 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:08 PM

I didn't know that was from anything. I just searched on "zinc nose."  :weedpoke:

Sorry, I remember a dumb scene from a B movie some time during the late 80's(ish) that a camp counselor jacked off in the sunscreen bottle of the movies antagonist (who was lifeguarding at the pool IIRC?) .   It looks a lot like the guy I remember, so you can kind of see my progression of thought, considering where the conversation was going.

I'll go take my meds now.... :unsure:

#17 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:16 PM

I can't copy and past all that text from TV's zinc nose guy but, as per context...

...TV aint the only casualty...peep the lifeguard.

I like the (I imagine) under noticed amount of time that the caddy's were given for pool time at the country club...btw, if this is your "B move"...my ass it's a B movie ;)

Edited by August West, 13 September 2021 - 10:22 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#18 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,713 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:37 PM

No, I'm sure the movie I'm remembering was not Caddy Shack, but I think that you may be right about the origins of the picture, and I'm just mixing them together in my memory.

#19 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:51 PM

There's no " thinking I'm right", sir. I've pathetically wasted far too many hours watching that movie to be second guessed. Abortion-shmortion. I recognized that within milliseconds of seeing TV's post.
  • YoshiTrainer likes this

#20 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,713 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:54 PM

I will never question your Caddy Shack knowledge again, August :)

I still don't remember the name of the movie I'm thinking about, and I made the mistake of typing some of the key words into google to see if something would jog my memory.  I really should have known better then that.  Lets just say I was suddenly reminded that I have the adult content filter turned off....     :huh:   :blink:  :ohmy:

• August West and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!