No replies to this topic

#1 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,096 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 September 2021 - 01:43 PM

Was a bit lazy, not using a glove box and just being as quick as possible inoculating jars. Pressure cooking was definitely done correctly.

I see green mold on three of the jars. And 4 aren't homogenous, like there's the mycelium I know and love and then this white stuff growing out and pressing against the glass. It's different than mycelium which seems to pull away from the glass. So, 7 bad jars. 

I used 3 liquid cultures and split them up amongst the 12 jars. Everything from #3 molded. Half molded from #2. And only one molded from #1. 

I guess you live and you learn. I assume that the room I did it in is less sterile than I normally inoculate in. 

I guess, I'll grow the nice looking 5 jars. While they're growing, I'll resterilize the jars, inoculate with #1 LC with glove box, minimizing time in flight from flame to jar and flame the tip every time I inoculate one of the entry points. Hopefully that fixes the issue. 

Was curious if anyone else encountered a white mold inside a jar that grows towards the glass while mycelium doesn't?

Edited by Guy1298, 23 September 2021 - 01:44 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!