Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Hpoo-Milo-Straw-Verm Mycobag for Mazatapec?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PaceArrow

PaceArrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 05:37 PM

I was led to an excellent post by Asura where he shares his protocol for growing Panaeolus, and I am curious if it could also be used for growing the cubensis strain Mazatapec.

His protocol involves mixing hpoo-milo-straw-verm in mycobags and pc'ing for 4 hrs, inoculating with liquid culture, letting the material colonize, then taking it straight to casing / fruiting. So there is no colonizing of grain spawn then colonizing bulk substrate then going to casing / fruiting.

I have 9-qts worth of substrate in 3 mycobags that are colonizing happily after being inoculated with P. Bisporus 6 days ago. But while I am waiting for this to complete, I am thinking that the recipe and protocol could work for growing Mazatapec as well. However I am a beginner, so I am hoping for some expert input. 

What do you think? I welcome your thoughts. 

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#2 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,231 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2021 - 12:19 PM

It should work just fine, good luck!
  • PaceArrow likes this

#3 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 372 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2021 - 01:15 PM

I don't normally sterilize my subs unless it's an Edible block(HWFP and Bran), but I have in past experiments and it does Work.  I did little tester all in one Zip tubs of PE(Homestead) with no issues, but I prefer pasteurization... much faster in jars, and I'm spawning in under 4 hours with a 90 minute cycle(1.5 hour cool off and Ready).  Edible blocks(or big manure subs in Unicorn Bags), I just leave them over night, takes (8ish) HOURS to cool.  Either way, pasteurization, and or sterilization CAN and Will get you to the finish line ALL the same.  I can't wait to see your PAN Bisporus fruits... Good Vibes...   :meditate:

• PaceArrow likes this

#4 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,231 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2021 - 02:51 PM

I think because of the milo it needs sterilization?

I believe Angam is going GLC ->pasteurized straw/poo (2:1) with success.

#5 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 372 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2021 - 03:31 PM

For Sure Yoshi, If grains are involved, Pasteurization... NO Bueno!  

• YoshiTrainer likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!