Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

How to make a Humidity Chamber and the Growing Process?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 danielfly

danielfly

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 October 2021 - 07:13 PM

Hi everyone, newbie here.  I suffer from severe depression and am hoping that going the shroom route can help me out.  I'm still learning on how to grow and do everything, and have already inoculated my BRF cakes.  I made a SGFC but after posting earlier on this forum, I realized that this might not be the best route for me since I do not have the time to spray mist 3-4 times a day because of my terrible work schedule.  Someone recommended me going the humidity chamber route for my BRF cakes instead of a SGFC since it would be easier for me as a newbie not messing up.  

I think this is a great idea, but there's one issue:   I cannot find any information on how to actually build a humidity chamber or water tub in this link.....and I searched on throughout this forum and on google as well (humidity chamber / water tub) and it seems many people talk about it but no one actually mentions how to build it and the process of how it works and what you have to do afterwards?

Does it go by a different name by any chance so I can try to search and find more info on how to build it and the process?  Or any links?

Thanks in advance for all your help!  

• MushLuvR likes this

#2 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,641 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 October 2021 - 07:45 PM

The simplest way IMHO, is to place your cakes in a Rubbermaid(or similar)  storage tub with wet perlite in it.   You can use the tub lid as a fan to give it some fresh air exchange(FAE) two, or three times a day.  Or if you cant get to it regularly to manually fan, you can leave the lid slightly askew to allow for some passive FAE for most of the day, and give it good manual fanning once a day

There are a lot of ways to skin this cat, I prefer low tek, but some people prefer automation.  You just have to decide what you want to do.

If you're looking for concepts, and new ideas I might suggest looking in the New Vaults.   There are mountains of good information in those old posts.

Welcome to the 'topia, BTW !!   :hug:

• Cuboid, MushLuvR and danielfly like this

#3 danielfly

danielfly

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 11:31 AM

Got it!  This makes sense to me now.  I appreciate the reply and help!

• Juthro likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!