• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,787 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 October 2021 - 01:23 PM

This thread reminded me of the time I tripped at a friend's place in Chattanooga, TN adjoining some land where a big Civil War battle or two occurred.

I'd split one of my very first harvests ever (a whole dry ounce!!) with my girlfriend and another couple, so we each ate 7 grams. At one point I looked over to the battlefield and saw a group of Confederate soldiers gathered around a fire looking as real as any group of people sitting around a fire ever has.

I could see things on their uniforms (Confederate insignia) and they had gear with them that I couldn't identify which felt strongly to me like they were not details that came from my own imagination. They stayed there most of the night huddled by the (very bright) fire, and never acted like they noticed me (we all felt a strong sense of people being present on the battlefield but only I actually saw them). None of us were going anywhere near that field that night, lol.

I would walk away to a spot where I couldn't see them, and when I came back they'd still be there. For a few hours. I never had that happen before (a persistent vision/hallucination that didn't go away no matter what I did) and it's not happened since.

• Coopdog, Arathu, Skywatcher and 3 others like this

#22 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

I Put That Shit On Everything!

• VIP
  • 820 posts

Donator

Posted 29 October 2021 - 12:07 PM

@Coop, yeah I've been down to Hocking Hills a lot. That whole area is filled with energy.
Go a little bit south and west and you will run in to The Hopewell Mounds in Chillicothe and Serpent Mound in Peebles which is said by mainstream scientists to only be built around 300 B.C - 1100 A.D.
I've spoke with some American Indians in the area that claim it to be 10,000 years old or more.
What's really cool is that whole area of serpent mound is a meteorite crater from 256 - 330 million years ago that's now eroded. The original rim of the crater is estimated at 9 miles in diameter.
Then you have the area of Flint Ridge in Glenford which is an ancient quarry. When you walk the quarry trails you can still see the pits that were used over 10,000 years ago.
Ohio land is packed with energies that decided to stay.

• Coopdog, Arathu, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#23 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,307 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2021 - 12:35 PM

Been to all of those places. Back in (I believe) the 1930's they found skulls measuring 22 inches across with double rows of teeth in those mounds. How old they are is indeed highly questionable. Sorry off topic I know, but had to say it. :) When I get back from the Doc's today I will try to get another one of our stories in here. 

• Baphom3t, Skywatcher and Salty117 like this

#24 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,307 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2021 - 03:29 AM

I was able to take part in an amazing group of people learning all sorts of interesting stuff under a very talented human being. He was so different I wondered many times if he was human or not, and I am not joking when I say that. We went on a retreat once to a beautiful place in the mountains that was an AA retreat for many years. A really special sort of place for sure. During that three days we practiced mental stuff, working with our intuition and beginning mindsight and perception training. A lot of strange things happened during that time. 

One lady who was rather new to the group sorted a deck of cards three times in a row into red and black piles with her eyes covered. She freaked herself out so badly she quit the group. It really shook her up to see that happen. 

This huge cabin type place was a large open dorm of sorts upstairs with about 12-15 or so beds in it, all open floor plan. The downstairs was set up really nice with a master bedroom that the lady that owned the place originally had slept in and a large kitchen with facilities to cook for a lot of people. She bought this whole place and dedicated it to healing addictions, and lived there the majority of her life, and when she passed she left it to AA as a retreat with an endowment to keep it up. She truly loved the place. The first night several people saw an old lady walking through the dorm room and seemed to be checking on everyone in the middle of the night. Nobody thought much of it until the next day when the subject came up and they all realized that there was no woman of that description in our group. My wife and I brought cots and slept out by the fire that night. My teacher and his wife slept in the master bedroom downstairs. 

The next day they suddenly decided to set a tent up down by the river, but never mentioned anything happening. That night one of the older psychic ladies decided to move in there for the night so she could sleep comfortably. Two hours after we all went to bed for the night, she came out of there all flustered saying that the old woman was in the room with her, and decided to move back upstairs with everyone else. Out by the fire, my wife and I thought it was pretty funny how shook up she was considering she is a person who is a psychic for a living. 

Anyhow it got damn cold that night, and we were freezing out back on the cots by the fire. We decided ghost or no ghost we were going to go sleep in that nice warm bed. As soon as we climbed into the bed I had the strongest impression that we had disturbed someone, like they were sleeping in the bed when we came piling in there. Not long after the lights were out, I felt someone tap me on the back of my calf. I kicked my leg out and pulled the blankets up over my head, and then Melissa asked me, "Did you do that?" and tapped me on the back. "What?" I asked. She said someone had put their hand on her ankle and shook her leg like someone trying to get her attention. 

Having lived in a couple of pretty active houses in our lives, we were not that upset about anything that minor. I asked her if she wanted to go back out on the cots, and she laughed and said, "Hell no, she didn't!" She snuggled up under the big thick comforter. I followed suit and decided to just ignore anything else that happened, and we slept great that night, but the old lady made another middle of the night stroll through the dorm upstairs. We have shared many a good laugh about this whole group of spiritualists and healers and psychics that got so shook up over a little old lady ghost. 

Several more really interesting things happened that weekend that would apply here, but this is long enough for now. 

Edited by Coopdog, 30 October 2021 - 03:30 AM.

• Arathu, Skywatcher, Salty117 and 1 other like this

#25 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 01:51 PM

More spooks and bumps in the night last night, I awoke in the night to use the bathroom. Coming from the bedroom that shares a wall with the bathroom (that we currently use for storing things) was a barely audible sound of a dresser or some wooden structure within the room being pushed. there's 2 dressers in there, one is covered/surrounded in boxes and one is not. When I mean pushed, I mean it sounds like it's being moved an inch or so, and then moved back with a brief pause in between. I had heard this sound a few weeks ago and didn't investigate, figured it would stop and I'd feel crazy. Sure enough, this time I opened the door, and I tried to time it for when the sound was just starting to happen (it was almost rhythmic in it's timing) and sure enough the sound was cut short but I wasn't able to get the suspect dresser in my sights right away... it just sat there.

The room had once belonged to the parents of the ancestors of my partner that built the home. When they passed away, if I'm recalling correctly, the next generation down, whom had built the property, occupied the room. When they passed away, the house was handed down to their oldest daughter who then used that room as storage (This is the older sister of my partner's grandfather). When she passed about 3 years ago, she handed the property down to her daughter, who has been living in the PNW for some time now, and is the family member we rent from.

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#26 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,066 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2021 - 04:19 PM

Gettysburg is a trip.....if you like these kinds of encounters....I hear battle sounds when I go there....all over the East coast in fact, for sure.....hell everywhere

I've been to serpent mound in Ohio, which is incredible feeling and burial mounds in Europe, battle fields too, I spent a LOT of time outside in the field, found spots that felt, smelled, looked, very deeply like home......very different feel to me there.....

In the Middle East on a perimeter guard duty one night at about 01:30 AM each post, during debrief, reported the same sighting......through night vision we saw a glowing light, floating above the ground about 7 to 10 feet, approach the perimeter from the east and then pass down our positions moving west......and then it left..... no one said a word.....the radio was dead silent...I still think it was drone of some kind but that was 1985.......dunno 

There's WAY MORE than meets the eye......I want to build a spooky Tesla radio.....

A

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and Salty117 like this

#27 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,307 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2021 - 04:33 PM

One night here we sat out back at dusk. As it got almost completely dark, we observed a tendril of smoke coming from the other side of my neighbors house. Have you ever seen a 1st nations ceremony where they carry a large bowl of smudge and walk slowly in a line beating drums slowly and with intent? It looked JUST like that line of smoke would, but there were no people, no bowl. The night was dead still and the smoke just hung in the air. It came slowly towards us from a hundred feet away or so. My wife had an amazing camera that took much better night images than you could see with the naked eye, and she went in and got it. The smoke point moved in a serpentine motion, but there was no mistaking it seemed to have purpose. My wife got video of it starting about 50 feet away and as it continued past us and into our woods, maybe 3-4 minutes, and you could plainly see it when plugged into our 4K 55 inch tv. 

After it had passed us, my wife got up and walked through it to see if it had any smell, she said she smelled nothing but the air. It looked for all intents and purposes like a funeral walk, but with no people. It took a good 5 more minutes to dissipate. This was not like any natural fog or mist I have ever seen in my life and was a humbling experience, and felt very sacred somehow. 

We have had some damn scary things happen here over the 25 years we have been here. There is a bad spirit that moves through here a couple times a year, as if we are in a natural pathway for it, same as for the Sasquatch. Both are only here for a while in the spring and fall, then move on. You KNOW it when that time is because this beautiful place gets a heavy foreboding energy to it, like something fearful breathing down your neck. Most of the year this place is awesome and none of that feeling is felt. Normally there are birds singing, owls, squirrels bitching at one another and milliions of frogs during warmer weather. Then suddenly it will go dead silent, and next thing you know the hair on your neck is standing up. 

My old Lakota friend lived a mile or so from here, and when I mentioned it to him, he said, "Heya, you have it over there too then?" He said it is an earth spirit or djinn that has been here forever and is much too powerful to even consider trying to exorcise away. He tried it, now THAT is another good story to add here. All in good time...

Edited by Coopdog, 21 November 2021 - 04:37 PM.

#28 simplegood78

simplegood78

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 05:25 PM

Another site in Ohio is the old Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield, OH.  It has be used in films like Shawshank Redemption among others. I have a friend who was involved in the Restoration Society.  They rent it out in the fall for use as a haunted house.  He's gone on the paranormal tours, as well as been there for overnight lock-ins.  He said there have been all kinds of sightings and unexplained events.  Ohio just must be a spooky state.  (LOL.  I was born in the state that is round on both ends and high in the middle).

https://www.mrps.org/paranormal

Edited by simplegood78, 21 November 2021 - 05:26 PM.

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#29 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,307 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2021 - 03:57 AM

Simplegood I was born and raised in Marion Ohio mydamn self. My wife is back there now, and we are going to be moving back there one day in the not too distant future. My wife's niece took some amazing pictures at that old reformatory, and I know people that were actually locked up in there.  It was a hellhole even when it was functioning. A LOT of bad stuff happened there. It's really no wonder it is haunted. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!