• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#21 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 429 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 05:14 PM

One of the biggest advantages of using fungi for manifesting these experiences is that no matter how harrowing or overwhelming an unexpectedly-intense trip may be, you WILL survive and come back down from it (assuming you're not tripping in a physically dangerous setting or something not directly related to the mushrooms themselves).

If things get too wild, and emotions run rampant, this should be remembered and any rash decisions in the heat of an emotional moment need to be staved off. Like Sidestreet mentioned as well, if you decide to ask someone close to accompany your trip that doesn't mean they need to be present in the same room, just nearby enough to where if you needed the presence of someone to speak to to help channel the emotions in a constructive way then you have the opportunity to do that.

• Skywatcher and xXHeathenXx like this

#22 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 429 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 05:16 PM

Like Flashing Rooster mentioned, time is the best remedy for deep wounds.

With something so personal and trauamatizing as losing a loved one, a child at that, I can't imagine there's any one way to expedite the recovery from that. Perhaps try to practice mediation and see if that makes an impact on the things that could be throwing a monkey wrench in your day to day routine. Idk about others, but I feel like the clearer my mind is going into the trip allows myself to assimilate with the psychedelic experience in a less turbulent manner. I would still expect strong emotions however, especially on a high dose.

Are you considering "going it alone" or do you plan to have someone sober present to prevent you from possibly engaging in irrational behavior/acting on the strong emotions you may experience?

I am considering going to it alone. Atleast my first or 2nd times. I need to see the beginning stages of how this may go lol. "Test the waters" so to speak.

Okay, I wish you the best in your pursuit of healing

• xXHeathenXx likes this

#23 xXHeathenXx

xXHeathenXx

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 October 2021 - 07:00 PM

Like Flashing Rooster mentioned, time is the best remedy for deep wounds.

With something so personal and trauamatizing as losing a loved one, a child at that, I can't imagine there's any one way to expedite the recovery from that. Perhaps try to practice mediation and see if that makes an impact on the things that could be throwing a monkey wrench in your day to day routine. Idk about others, but I feel like the clearer my mind is going into the trip allows myself to assimilate with the psychedelic experience in a less turbulent manner. I would still expect strong emotions however, especially on a high dose.

Are you considering "going it alone" or do you plan to have someone sober present to prevent you from possibly engaging in irrational behavior/acting on the strong emotions you may experience?

I am considering going to it alone. Atleast my first or 2nd times. I need to see the beginning stages of how this may go lol. "Test the waters" so to speak.
Okay, I wish you the best in your pursuit of healing
Thank you. Once these bags have colonized and flushed..... I'll give a report back
  • Salty117 likes this

#24 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,844 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2021 - 08:55 AM

Shrooms are bizarre. Absolutely fucking bizarre. I've been tripping for a long time and can't even begin to fathom how often I have tripped. 

One time I took only a bit as I didn't want to trip hard, maybe a gram? I tripped so fucking hard that I didn't touch them for years. I've tried to replicate it by eating 10g and nothing close. I've always had "Complete Control" even while tripping balls. Never been close to that pure mind fuckery and hellish landscape, I really do believe shrooms can show you how awful eternity is (especially in a self-created hell)

I know some day the mushrooms will smack the ever living shit out of me and throw me right back to hell. I'm not ready but IT will happen when I least expect it or get cocky. 

Edited by rockyfungus, 25 October 2021 - 08:56 AM.

• xXHeathenXx likes this

#25 xXHeathenXx

xXHeathenXx

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 10:57 AM

Shrooms are bizarre. Absolutely fucking bizarre. I've been tripping for a long time and can't even begin to fathom how often I have tripped.

One time I took only a bit as I didn't want to trip hard, maybe a gram? I tripped so fucking hard that I didn't touch them for years. I've tried to replicate it by eating 10g and nothing close. I've always had "Complete Control" even while tripping balls. Never been close to that pure mind fuckery and hellish landscape, I really do believe shrooms can show you how awful eternity is (especially in a self-created hell)

I know some day the mushrooms will smack the ever living shit out of me and throw me right back to hell. I'm not ready but IT will happen when I least expect it or get cocky.

lol I'm hoping it smacks the shit outta me and rewires my thinking so I can try to begin to enjoy life again. The people around me are suffering because of my personal seclusion and I want that to change.
  • Arathu and Skywatcher like this

#26 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,233 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2021 - 01:58 PM

^A lofty goal, and an achievable one...You sir, are the fledgling young psychonaut (no matter what your age) about to grow and expand your consciousness.  Next you might even stumble upon the beautiful option to rewire those synapses, precisely what you came looking for, and then only then...will you know you have arrived... at the door to your next journey (as your leg involuntarily kicks in that door and walks through)...

...now it gets interesting....

..to be continued.  

• Arathu, Skywatcher and xXHeathenXx like this

#27 xXHeathenXx

xXHeathenXx

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 04:10 PM

Salty has a good question. It might be a good idea to have someone there whom you trust to help you through if things get tough. That person doesn't have to be right next to you the whole time.

Or if your therapist doesn't want to help you talk through things, maybe a close friend or family member would be willing?

I also think you should try to take care of any nagging chores, things you've been meaning to do, and house cleaning before you trip.

What's your experience with psychedelics so far?
I love psychedelics. I did alot of lsd when I was younger but I prefer mushrooms. Always both have been done for just having a good time though.

#28 xXHeathenXx

xXHeathenXx

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 04:12 PM

^A lofty goal, and an achievable one...You sir, are the fledgling young psychonaut (no matter what your age) about to grow and expand your consciousness. Next you might even stumble upon the beautiful option to rewire those synapses, precisely what you came looking for, and then only then...will you know you have arrived... at the door to your next journey (as your leg involuntarily kicks in that door and walks through)...

...now it gets interesting....

..to be continued.

#29 xXHeathenXx

xXHeathenXx

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 04:14 PM

My homemade still air box w/ uv wandeb117f03bdd830bac29cc64977b30739.jpgebaa105dd828a7d22da62740d81d58b8.jpg9c6cfcf512424a2d3efb0ed977f04a86.jpg
  • Salty117 likes this

#30 xXHeathenXx

xXHeathenXx

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 04:16 PM

My homemade still air box w/ uv wandeb117f03bdd830bac29cc64977b30739.jpgebaa105dd828a7d22da62740d81d58b8.jpg9c6cfcf512424a2d3efb0ed977f04a86.jpg

I'll be cutting a hole to pass the plug through and sealing w silicone. Was even thinking about getting a fan on one side w a special filter and cutting a few holes opposite to create a positive flow
  • Skywatcher likes this

#31 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,019 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2021 - 05:37 PM

The people around me are suffering because of my personal seclusion and I want that to change.

That thing of me placing my foot in my mouth and not feeling like I could connect with people on the same level anymore led me to become a bit of a recluse. When it first happens it strips your life down to nothing and all these little things that used to have meaning can feel meaningless. I feel like I went from being an extrovert to being comfortable as an introvert. Annoyed when I would see someone at the grocery store that I had not talked to in a while, dreading the eventual conversation and having to answer those questions. I was barely texting my friends back and doubling down on cannabis. Slowly shrunk my circle of friends down to a comfortable level where I wasn't going to be exposed to outside thoughts and feelings that would seek to undue my stitches. Folk would not do it intentionally but those conversations became a bit repetitive and ultimately I realized it was more about satisfying others curiosity rather than any sort of therapeutic for myself. The funny part being they thought they were doing me a kindness by bringing it up when in fact it was the opposite.

One could call what I had depression but I like to say it was more like I was really fucking sad for a long time. I like to think serious depression is more about a chemical imbalance rather than dealing with trauma. I think the psychedelics are better for Trauma because they can help people talk about things that are traumatic and may normally paralyze their thoughts. Drugs that make you feel better really only treat the symptoms of the disease. That being said it is still nice to use drugs when your down deep to have that little boost so you can see above the clouds again for a moment, to remind one why the fuck this life is all worth living.

• xXHeathenXx likes this

#32 xXHeathenXx

xXHeathenXx

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 06:44 AM

The people around me are suffering because of my personal seclusion and I want that to change.

That thing of me placing my foot in my mouth and not feeling like I could connect with people on the same level anymore led me to become a bit of a recluse. When it first happens it strips your life down to nothing and all these little things that used to have meaning can feel meaningless. I feel like I went from being an extrovert to being comfortable as an introvert. Annoyed when I would see someone at the grocery store that I had not talked to in a while, dreading the eventual conversation and having to answer those questions. I was barely texting my friends back and doubling down on cannabis. Slowly shrunk my circle of friends down to a comfortable level where I wasn't going to be exposed to outside thoughts and feelings that would seek to undue my stitches. Folk would not do it intentionally but those conversations became a bit repetitive and ultimately I realized it was more about satisfying others curiosity rather than any sort of therapeutic for myself. The funny part being they thought they were doing me a kindness by bringing it up when in fact it was the opposite.

One could call what I had depression but I like to say it was more like I was really fucking sad for a long time. I like to think serious depression is more about a chemical imbalance rather than dealing with trauma. I think the psychedelics are better for Trauma because they can help people talk about things that are traumatic and may normally paralyze their thoughts. Drugs that make you feel better really only treat the symptoms of the disease. That being said it is still nice to use drugs when your down deep to have that little boost so you can see above the clouds again for a moment, to remind one why the fuck this life is all worth living.
Ya. Well said. I feel ya dawg
  • FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#33 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,783 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2021 - 01:10 PM

If that is truly a UV-C light (100-280 nm) then DO NOT ALLOW YOUR EYES OR SKIN TO BE EXPOSED TO IT.

Prolonged exposure to UV-C light can cause cataracts and skin cancer.

And for all that risk, it will not work to sterilize a still air box. It can help a bit with killing airborne contaminants, but it's also totally superfluous and doesn't help enough to be worth the expense and risk.

Where UV sterilizer lights can help a lot is in your HVAC duct by reducing the ambient airborne spore load in your house in general, which makes lab work a little easier. Being installed in a duct also keeps the light safely away from your eyes and skin.

• Arathu, Salty117 and xXHeathenXx like this

#34 xXHeathenXx

xXHeathenXx

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 01:14 PM

If that is truly a UV-C light (100-280 nm) then DO NOT ALLOW YOUR EYES OR SKIN TO BE EXPOSED TO IT.

And for all that risk, it will not work to sterilize a still air box. It can help a bit with killing airborne contaminants, but it's also totally superfluous and doesn't help enough to be worth the expense and risk.

Where UV sterilizer lights can help a lot is in your HVAC duct by reducing the ambient airborne spore load in your house in general, which makes lab work a little easier. Being installed in a duct also keeps the light safely away from your eyes and skin.

It is a UV-C wand.

#35 xXHeathenXx

xXHeathenXx

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 01:15 PM

This is the instructions 78318436469b77450068628029d86a04.jpg

#36 xXHeathenXx

xXHeathenXx

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 01:18 PM

It's meant to be turned on the same time I turn off my hvac to kill anything that may be floating around the SAB once I've cleaned it.

#37 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,783 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2021 - 01:24 PM

It's not going to make the difference between success and failure, so IMO you should not use it unless it can be turned on and off remotely so you're not exposed to it at any point. It's a cumulative problem, and even very brief exposure times will add up.

Also, for it to work as intended the air it sterilizes must be exceptionally clean of particulates (like post-HEPA filtered) since particles "shade" the light and allow contaminants to survive.

• xXHeathenXx likes this

#38 xXHeathenXx

xXHeathenXx

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 02:19 PM

It's not going to make the difference between success and failure, so IMO you should not use it unless it can be turned on and off remotely so you're not exposed to it at any point. It's a cumulative problem, and even very brief exposure times will add up.

Also, for it to work as intended the air it sterilizes must be exceptionally clean of particulates (like post-HEPA filtered) since particles "shade" the light and allow contaminants to survive.

I know they were using these uv lights to disinfect face masks during the shortage of ppe. So there has to be something to it.

Does anyone know how to identify either of these?20211026_140047.jpg 20211026_140103.jpg 20211026_140829.jpg

#39 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 431 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 08:17 PM

Read donshadows velada thread in "spirituality and mysticism' subforum. 

It details his, (and others) experiences using the traditional mazatec velada ceremony..... muy potente.

After trying this out myself, I don't go in for any highdose healing journeys in any form BUT this.

This is a solid container for the high dose experience. 

Also, be prepared to embrace the nausea and the purge process; It's uncomfortable at first if it's something your not used to, but it's one of the biggest gifts that the mushrooms offer (if you can embrace it)... it's like bypass all the psychotherapy and just let your body release the negative-energy directly. 

Also: Talk to them before hand; Explain what your intentions are, what you're hoping to work with..... They listen, and will respond... 

edit: On that note, I was in a quite similar position to you a few years back, had just done my first grow; and my intention was to learn what I needed to so that I could guide myself in high does trips, and eventually so I could act in the same capacity for others.... I explained this to the mushrooms, and, well they understood and answered my questions with a series of trips that rank up there with strongest and most enlightening yet..... 

Edited by Severian, 26 October 2021 - 08:25 PM.

• xXHeathenXx likes this

#40 xXHeathenXx

xXHeathenXx

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 08:30 PM

Read donshadows velada thread in "spirituality and mysticism' subforum.

It details his, (and others) experiences using the traditional mazatec velada ceremony..... muy potente.

After trying this out myself, I don't go in for any highdose healing journeys in any form BUT this.

This is a solid container for the high dose experience.

Also, be prepared to embrace the nausea and the purge process; It's uncomfortable at first if it's something your not used to, but it's one of the biggest gifts that the mushrooms offer (if you can embrace it)... it's like bypass all the psychotherapy and just let your body release the negative-energy directly.

Also: Talk to them before hand; Explain what your intentions are, what you're hoping to work with..... They listen, and will respond...

edit: On that note, I was in a quite similar position to you a few years back, had just done my first grow; and my intention was to learn what I needed to so that I could guide myself in high does trips, and eventually so I could act in the same capacity for others.... I explained this to the mushrooms, and, well they understood and answered my questions with a series of trips that rank up there with strongest and most enlightening yet.....

Thank you!! How do I find that thread?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!