18 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,654 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2021 - 12:52 PM

Everyone have a fun and safe Halloween weekend! Feel free to post pics of your costumes if your face is not showing that is.. painted faces are fine.. I usually dress up but don't have any plans this year.. I don't get any trick or treaters since I live in the country so I'm eating all the candy I bought for my nephews.. lol.. oh and I made cookies and cupcakes.. still gotta frost the cupcakes though.. gonna be eyeball cupcakes!
Hugsndrugs

20211029_191318.jpg

20211024_123058.jpg

Edited by Mrs.Hippie3, 30 October 2021 - 12:56 PM.

• Arathu, Skywatcher, Juthro and 5 others like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2021 - 01:32 PM

Happy Halloween Mah, Don't feel bad, we live in the city and still don't get trick or treaters. But i love my sweets so I still load a candy bowl up.

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Skywatcher, Juthro, jkdeth and 1 other like this

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,995 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2021 - 04:56 PM

Happy Halloween !

I will be attempting to hand out treats again this year. Last year we didn't even bother, but for the last 4 years or so, we were lucky to have 6 kids come to the door in 3 hours.

I have set up a giant spider web 9' x 10' with a huge 2' black spider out in front if the entry courtyard, and set up spot lights so the whole thing can be seen 5 houses away. I have the whole courtyard webbed and full of spiders.

I think part of the problem is we live almost at the end of a cul-de-sac, and the first 5 of the houses on both sides up at the entry turn out their lights and don't participate at all. I sort of think the kids don't bother coming down the street because it looks dark, so I want a nice bright Halloween decor that can be seen from the end of the street, in hopes more kids will make the trip down here. I know most of my neighbors around us will be participating this year, so hopefully kids feel safer going out this year.

If not, I will be sitting outside with my sugar skull face paint, and a bowl of candy bars by myself..................

• Juthro, wharfrat, Moonless and 1 other like this

#4 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,886 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2021 - 12:40 AM

We had a sign posted last year and this year encouraging people to swing by. Refreshments for parents (maybe I should hide all my projects).
Luckily I live in a neighborhood with 2 different schools so we stay busy! Unfortunately our crew that drinks and tosses candy/jello shots at people just got COVID. Fuck, I just went to a Halloween party and am a bit paranoid honestly. 

David Bowie and Freddie Mercury were our couple costume. Apparently other people played with variations of David Bowie and insert a body LOL

Hope ya'll have some spooks and fun and remember to brush dem chompers!

• Skywatcher and wharfrat like this

#5 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,587 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2021 - 04:33 AM

Happy Halloween!

#6 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,063 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2021 - 06:42 AM

Happy Halloween all you trippin ghouls and goblins...........be safe and spooky.....

#7 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,386 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2021 - 12:04 PM

Merry Halloween and more of it!!

• coorsmikey, Skywatcher and wharfrat like this

#8 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 919 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2021 - 06:29 PM

Happy Halloween MAH! Those treats look mighty fine :)

Skywatcher, I popped in a few days ago and read your comment. It gave me a chuckle to hear how much you put into Halloween and for no so few to come out :( You really have such a great festive spirit. Which I could sit out there with you tonight handing out candy and having a few ourselves.

As for me well, I'm new to being an adult on Halloween. I live in an apartment so we don't get trick or treaters so I usually partay! I have tickets to a concert but no one to go with, still haven't decided if I will go. Lets see how this turns out.

Edited by Moonless, 31 October 2021 - 06:34 PM.

• coorsmikey, Skywatcher, wharfrat and 1 other like this

#9 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,886 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2021 - 08:31 PM

Emergency! We ran out of coloring books. What the hell is wrong with these kids. Take more candy!! Big sugar is losing.

Smart parents came back without kids for more Jell-O shots. Loaded them up with 4 each.
  • wharfrat likes this

#10 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,654 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2021 - 09:38 PM

My husband and I used to have epic Halloween parties! My 12 year old nephew made me proud and was a hippie this year.. he borrowed my shirt...
lol

20211031_210241.jpg
  • wharfrat and rockyfungus like this

#11 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,251 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2021 - 09:51 PM

we had one mom with two kids show up  . ....

#12 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,995 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2021 - 10:19 PM

Well,

No action tonight. Two and a half hours of prime trick or treat time, and there were two cute little 7 or 8 year old superheros, and then no more.

Seems I have lots of leftover candy bars.

#13 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 919 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2021 - 12:19 AM

Well I decided to go to that concert by myself. I ended up enjoying myself. Happy to hear about yalls halloween too. Take care everybody!

#14 Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

{{{{{{{ + }}}}}}}

• OG VIP
  • 1,057 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2021 - 03:25 AM

Happy Halloween!

Holloween-21-Candy.png

• wharfrat likes this

#15 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,886 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2021 - 08:47 AM

Ran out of candy by 9:30pm. Much more success then last year.

Cool can't even enjoy a halloween thread without someone trying to be poltiical.

Edited by rockyfungus, 01 November 2021 - 11:17 AM.

• wharfrat likes this

#16 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2021 - 01:54 PM

we had one group of 5 kids.. I think that is better than last years 0. Good news is a bought peanut m&m's, now working on a candy coma

• bezevo and rockyfungus like this

#17 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,886 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2021 - 03:05 PM

Well I decided to go to that concert by myself. I ended up enjoying myself. Happy to hear about yalls halloween too. Take care everybody!

Meet any good people. What show if you don't mind?

#18 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 919 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2021 - 07:28 PM

Golden Dawn Arkestra. And I just was a loner the whole time.

#19 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,136 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2021 - 08:05 PM

Ha I was streaming  some live Dead Shows, Im talking about lighting and good sound. We ran out of candy and had to get more. I live behind an LDS Temple and you would amazed how may people were into it. Maybe next year I'll offer Gel Tabs to the parents that linger around and watch the festivities. The last ten or so years we had a few id any trick or treaters, This year we had about 200 on Sat and about 150 mostly teen on Sunday.

• Sidestreet, wharfrat and Moonless like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!