Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Video demonstrating new simple method for growing Panaeolus Cyanescens plus some additional background on the species

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GordoTEK

GordoTEK

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2021 - 02:32 PM

To avoid triggering their censors and being banned from YouTube I could not put the full video there but it does have the introduction anyway in case you don't want to play the full thing from google drive...

[Direct Link]

The full video is available (free) on google drive, this link (tap or click it) should work for both streaming and/or to download the video, you can even increase the playback speed as on YouTube (on some phones you may need to install the "Google Drive" app to play it?).  The fully updated, written out TEK for growing this species can be found here.  If you've never grown Pan cyans before, don't be intimidated, this species is very easy to grow, perhaps as easy as cubensis, it just has more contamination risk.  I show you in the vid how to mitigate that risk.  I believe the tide will slowly turn and that the majority of growers will eventually select this species over others, it just took a while before we had an easy TEK and widespread knowledge not just about growing it but how it differs from other species chemically (in a positive way).  

References cited in the video:

A Novel Experience with Panaeolus A Case Study from Hawaii

Plants of the Gods

"Stability of psilocybin and its four analogs in cubensis mushrooms" (how to best store mushrooms) 

Forensic analysis of hallucinogenic mushrooms and khat (Catha edulis Forsk) using cation-exchange liquid chromatography         (pdf full text, most potent mushrooms ever described in published research)

Efficiency of treatments for controlling Trichoderma spp during spawning in cultivation of lignicolous mushrooms

Redesigning Psychedelic Mushrooms to Never Cause a “Bad Trip”Scientists Discover New Compounds in Magic Mushrooms

More Evidence of the Chemical Compound Variability in Magic Mushrooms

Psilocin, psilocybin, serotonin and urea in Panaeolus cyanescens from various origin

Hope someone benefits in some way from this.  I spent a very long time putting it all together. I welcome any comments, questions, discussion, criticisms, etc.

Regards,

Gordo

• FLASHINGROOSTER, PaceArrow and MushLuvR like this

#2 GordoTEK

GordoTEK

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 04:27 PM

Someone asked me "How long does it take to grow this species?"

Here was my initial quick math: Best case using agar: spores to agar, 5-7 days until the mycelium can be used (but time varies, could take longer).  7-10 days on small grain jar(s) to get to 1/3rd colonization, shake that, and you should be at full colonization 3 days later, dump that into big grain jars or mycobag and you can be at full colonization in another 5-7 days (best case).  Spawn your substrate (dump grain into substrate in cake pans), then it takes 6-7 days to fully colonize the substrate (using recommended Estero strain), case that after full colonization, then its 6-7 days until first harvest.  So best case scenario with agar, you can go from spores to harvest in about 34 days.  

BUT I LOVE A CHALLENGE and I decided just for fun to see how fast I could grow this species if speed was the top consideration, I was able to do it in just 23 days spores to harvest!  I did this by going direct from spores to grains (by way of homemade spore syringe), incubating that at 85F, shaking the jars after 5 days, waiting another 4 days for the grain to fully colonize, then directly spawning those grains to substrate (no grain transfers) and casing that after 4 days (the substrate looked completely colonized after just 4 days after keeping the temps at 80-82F).  Can you beat my record?

Edited by GordoTEK, 23 November 2021 - 05:06 PM.

• wharfrat, bezevo, PaceArrow and 1 other like this

#3 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,035 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2021 - 12:56 PM

Its on my bucket list, thanks

#4 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 11:46 PM

Thanks for posting this, I just ordered a print and hoping to get some good results. Can anyone point me to some more info either on this site or elsewhere, trying to track down info on this site is, how shall I say it, challenging, to say the least. It would be much appreciated. I did follow the links from Youtube to the full length video.

#5 PaceArrow

PaceArrow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 96 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:15 PM

Thanks for posting this, Gordo. A revolutionary simplification of the process that should make it even more accessible!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!