• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 08:36 PM

It's been while since I've completed a dub tub style grow of cubensis. I usually wait untill I see fruiting body's to expose "open air" FAE (fanning). I've got a quite a bit of cube grows under my belt, so I'll say I've had more success with waiting untill the fruit body's appear befor FAE. Could be speculation. But I'm in a sort of rush due to no supply.

My question is, when is the best time to expose open air? After knotting? Or when actual fruit body's appear? Also my bulk substrate consist of 50% grain spawn 50% coco coir.

IMG_20211103_210652764_PORTRAIT.jpg
  • JACKOLANTERN and MushLuvR like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 November 2021 - 09:14 PM

only after fully colonized, risk contamination beforehand. That's usually the time you start seeing knots, perfect time to initiate a primo pinset with some fresh air.

• Sidestreet, Dabluebonic and MushLuvR like this

#3 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 09:44 PM

only after fully colonized, risk contamination beforehand. That's usually the time you start seeing knots, perfect time to initiate a primo pinset with some fresh air.

Is the picture not displaying "knotting"?. I sometimes only use straight coir in the substrate and there are parts that appear uncolonized throughout the whole fruiting process.
  • JACKOLANTERN and wharfrat like this

#4 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 November 2021 - 10:15 PM

hard to see TBH, looks very close but i cant see any knots. should be soon

• JACKOLANTERN likes this

#5 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 06:40 AM

Here's an example of knotting and primordia forming. End result where clusters Corumba Brazil Clone. I hope it helps.Knotting.jpg ccbb2.jpg You can see knots around the mushrooms and in the first pic around the primordia. The little white knots. I can kinda see some in your pic but it is hard to tell.

Edited by JACKOLANTERN, 04 November 2021 - 06:44 AM.

• wharfrat likes this

#6 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 10:28 PM

IMG_20211107_200640748.jpg

There she goes, see what I'm saying though about the substrate being only coco coir and resulting in what appears to be uncolonized substrate? It throws me off when gauging the appropriate time to expose open air. IMG_20211107_200640748.jpg

#7 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,587 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2021 - 10:05 AM

I found myself with too much spawn once, had to use all six of tge tubs I had for "" bottoms". I melted a few holes in lids, covered holes with micropore, and let it run til pinset, then added the top tub. I've done it tge same way ever since. Being lazy, and a pro procrastinator Ive had the pins nearly push the lid off a few times.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!