Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Do the actual spores contain any potency?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jenny212

jenny212

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 01:53 PM

Hi everyone, I just finished my very first harvest and am tremendously happy.  I was able to get most of the shrooms when the veil was just tearing, but was a few where the veil broke off.  

So I have a question about potency - and I know after researching on this forum this has been beaten a thousand times.  

I know that if the veil breaks off and the spores fall it creates a mess.  And the only reason for harvesting after the veil falls off is that you can get bigger shrooms with little less potency because of the water weight.  

But I can't find any info if the actual spores that fall contain any psilocybin potency?  And by the spores dropping you are losing the potency?  Because I am thinking of harvest 1-2 hours after the veil breaks - I mean how fast can the shroom grow after the veil breaks?

Sorry for the long message....and thanks in advance for anyone that can help with this.  

Edited by jenny212, 07 November 2021 - 01:53 PM.

#2 HrVanker

HrVanker

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 516 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2021 - 01:55 PM

Maybe it's become common knowledge, and so isn't as easy to find. But no, spores contain no psilocin/psilocybin. This is why they are legal to order online.
  • Myc, Arathu, Juthro and 3 others like this

#3 jenny212

jenny212

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 05:04 PM

Thank HrVanker for the reply!!!  This totally makes sense now to me.  I think next time I might let to veil come off and let the shroom grow a little more.  Thanks again!

#4 ItBeBasidia

ItBeBasidia

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 341 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2021 - 07:37 PM

Let at least a couple of mushrooms mature so you can make spore prints and not have to pay for more spores. Then you'll have enough spores to get into all the mad scientist stuff like agar, making syringes, and strain isolation.
  • coorsmikey and MushLuvR like this

#5 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 08:01 PM

Any geneticists in here? Can we hybridize spores with CRISPR to integrate with our DNA so we produce psilocybin?

Come on, who'll be first to redefine "mycologist"?! lol

#6 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,136 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2021 - 09:55 PM

Any geneticists in here? Can we hybridize spores with CRISPR to integrate with our DNA so we produce psilocybin?

Haven't you seen the coverage on folks injecting themselves with mushroom tea? I hear the parking lots of NASCAR has like a Shakedown Street of Mushroom tea infusions.

OK that was bad!!!!! Ima disappear for a bit and put my head in the sand.

• Juthro, MushLuvR and Micogi like this

#7 liferider

liferider

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 05:27 AM

i have seen this question a lot but i wonder if anybody has ever attempted to gather 3-5g of spores. i don't know how much a typical spore print weighs but my guess would be small enough to require millions of spore prints for one trip.

• Micogi likes this

#8 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 09:21 AM

Haven't you seen the coverage on folks injecting themselves with mushroom tea? I hear the parking lots of NASCAR has like a Shakedown Street of Mushroom tea infusions.

OK that was bad!!!!! Ima disappear for a bit and put my head in the sand.

That would definitely fall under "Lets make this a little more interesting"!

Even the lead car would be trailing lol

#9 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 09:43 AM

i have seen this question a lot but i wonder if anybody has ever attempted to gather 3-5g of spores. i don't know how much a typical spore print weighs but my guess would be small enough to require millions of spore prints for one trip.

Hmm, I've heard poppy seeds can trigger a positive in a drug test but I don't know if you could eat enough poppy seeds to get anything.

While I have no idea, I'd suspect the spores contain either such a minute amount you'd need a fairly substantial amount. Or, they just contain the building blocks for the "active ingredient".

• liferider likes this

#10 liferider

liferider

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 09:33 AM

Hmm, I've heard poppy seeds can trigger a positive in a drug test but I don't know if you could eat enough poppy seeds to get anything.

While I have no idea, I'd suspect the spores contain either such a minute amount you'd need a fairly substantial amount. Or, they just contain the building blocks for the "active ingredient".

yea i was assuming they were the same percentage active as the fruit bodies. we know they are not, but even if they were can you imagine trying to trip on spores? i think i would rather use a couple of spores to make fruits :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!