• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 07:49 PM

Just checking my garden and see this white looking fuzz on/around some of the bases.

IMG_20211107_192913174.jpg

The one above I picked as well being the veil opened.

IMG_20211107_192858232.jpg

Edit:

Well, hopefully it's normal, I cut the bottom of the base off due to dirt I couldn't brush off and ate about a 1g slice of the stem.

I can feel a little something from it, but will try more tomorrow, I set it in a mini mason jar in the fridge.

I'll pluck another one tomorrow that the veil is starting to separate on, guess it's time to break out the dehydrator...

In addition to the title question, what can I do with them as I pluck? I'd like to have a few plucked before running the dehydrator instead of just a couple/few.

Thanks!

Edited by Micogi, 07 November 2021 - 08:30 PM.

• wharfrat likes this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,134 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2021 - 09:10 PM

There is a better forum for these type of questions that may get you the attention you want a but better than posting in the forum that suggests you don't know where to post. Just saying, Might have better response than mine if you post Magic question in the Magic forum instead of throwing everything in general waiting for someone to clean up.

#3 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 09:15 PM

There is a better forum for these type of questions that may get you the attention you want a but better than posting in the forum that suggests you don't know where to post. Just saying, Might have better response than mine if you post Magic question in the Magic forum instead of throwing everything in general waiting for someone to clean up.

Sorry, posted here as I wasn't sure the best sub forum to post in, and I'd seen a few other posts recently about being ready to pick etc.

If you can move it I'd appreciate it.

• wharfrat likes this

#4 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,847 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2021 - 09:17 PM

just fuzzzy feet.. indicates your humidity and co2 is high and you might want to bump up the fresh air exchange a wee bit. other that that, it looks great

i will move post for you

• Micogi likes this

#5 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 09:34 PM

just fuzzzy feet.. indicates your humidity and co2 is high and you might want to bump up the fresh air exchange a wee bit. other that that, it looks great

i will move post for you

Ah, I don't think I've ever been so happy to hear fuzzy feat lol.

I'll water less & air more. I've been bottom watering, I have four small holes in the bottom, I pour water in and it drains slowly allowing it to soak in while not leaving standing water. Thinking I'll put a few holes in as well to breath.

Thanks for the move!

Edited by Micogi, 07 November 2021 - 09:48 PM.

• wharfrat likes this

#6 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 07:17 PM

just fuzzzy feet.. 

So just to check, it's okay to eat, yes? Raw or dried?

#7 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,847 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2021 - 07:29 PM

just fuzzzy feet.. 

So just to check, it's okay to eat, yes? Raw or dried?

yes, very much so, raw or dried is up too you, i prefer mine dry, but others prefer wet

• Micogi likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!