• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 03:45 PM

I've got several doublets & a triplet growing with attachees being at differing stages, how do you pick these?

The double on the right side of the photo, the bigger of the two has broken its veil, but the smaller can grow some more.

I'm not too concerned about spores dropping which is why I haven't picked yet to let the other grow bigger.

And maybe it's okay to split them apart, maybe a sharp knife slice, but the triplet has one growing out of the middle of the two...

Does this happen due to anything I have control over?

IMG_20211108_145453610.jpg

• xXHeathenXx likes this

#2 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 434 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 06:28 PM

It isn't really something we as cultivar enthusiasts can effectively avoid. When I encounter these they often grow around the same pace, if one is lagging behind in a cluster of 3+ then I'll harvest based on the rest of the cluster. If 2+ are lagging in a cluster of 3 or so then I'll try to push it until right before the most developed mushroom drops it's spores..

That being said, in time if you pursue isolation from agar you may find yourself with yields/canopies that will leave you wondering "where the heck do I start?" when it comes to harvesting. Clusters of 2 or 3 will be the least of your worries! lol

#3 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 714 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2021 - 06:50 PM

You just get the little ones with the fatties. They can't all be perfectly matured.

Those are som chunky shrooms you got there.
  • Salty117 and Micogi like this

#4 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 07:12 PM

Thanks guys, I picked the one, well the double, a few minutes ago, the smaller one I save to eat tomorrow and the bigger is on a D rack.

I was noticing that myself, some chunky lil moffs. Super Strain Koh Samui is what I went with.

I got another bag "cooking", curious to see if they come out more or less the same.

Here's what they look like from the supplier:

SS-koh-samui.jpg

Edited by Micogi, 08 November 2021 - 07:13 PM.

#5 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 714 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2021 - 08:13 PM

I've got that one in my toolbox also. They were a good fun trip. Good luck and enjoy.
  • Micogi likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!