Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Visuals... Hallucinations... Anyone... Bueller...

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 07:46 PM

I've heard tales of seeing things that weren't there, things melting, etc etc. But I've never seen any of this, and I know damn well it wasn't due to lack of dose ingestion.

Back in the 90s there was this one summer spent pretty much on LSD. Anyone recall the liquid in Sweet Breath bottles?

And a few ingestions of shrooms, of which I did have some auditory hallucinations.

While I've had many many wonderful visual effects, I've never seen anything that wasn't there, or melt, or otherwise.

Not complaining one bit as I thoroughly enjoyed the visuals I experienced.

So, what kind of visuals and/or hallucinations have you guys had/have?

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and MushLuvR like this

#2 HrVanker

HrVanker

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 515 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2021 - 08:50 PM

Hallucinations are an interesting thing. I've gone as deep as 4 tabs of pretty strong and clean stuff, and never seen anything that wasn't there (like a pink elephant appear and walk around). I have had some "internal" hallucinations where I was in an entirely different place and detached from reality, almost like an extremely vivid daydream. Then I've also had some very detailed CEVs.

The "internal" hallucinations were interesting. In one I was suddenly back in my preschool at the YMCA, and kind of flew around a bunch of places related to it, then it all turned into a monochrome cartoon mime/clown face which melted and I snapped back to reality. It really felt like I was there, and it kind of freaked me out a bit, but it was a good trip.

Another time on mushrooms I was listening to Phish playing Reba with my eyes closed. In my head I was suspended in the sky, no land around, observing this enormous harp like structure that was rotating and playing the notes (during that pretty soft ascending middle section of the song), as it rotated it was moving upwards leaving walls behind them building a spiral structure. As that section peaks and the music descends in a tumbling manner, the entire structure fell apart and started to fall. This felt similar to the pre-school thing, but I was laying down with my eyes closed.

As for melting, I've had this effect in some stressful situations... like being in a hotel elevator on some strong acid in NYC w/ some girls who looked like crackheads (but were actually nice and understood what I was feeling), and a friend who was upset that I didn't want to hit the bars after the show. The walls weren't literally melting away to reveal something else, but they did appear to be running towards the floor.

Other than that, usually I get the typical wall-breathing, color shifting, and time dilation with both LSD and shrooms. But LSD is far more visual for me, w/ lattice type overlays, pattern recognition (looking at bud is ), and occasional synestesia.
  • coorsmikey, Coopdog, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#3 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 429 posts

Posted 10 November 2021 - 11:31 PM

The visuals I have experienced have come in a range varying on my doses.. how well preserved the mushies were.. I've only ever been given fake lsd paraded as the real thing.. wasn't aware of reagent kits at that time..

My first 2 mushroom experiences (eighth of cubes each time) were very colorful and seemed to manipulate the things that I was seeing with my open eyes. Both times had mild synesthesia.. visuals influenced by audio.. and faint shimmering heiroglyph-like symbols on the pale blue walls of the living room, cast upon the white ceiling too. If it were my home, I might have considered tracing them.

A monumental Golden Teacher experience I had cast a rainbow oil-spill veil across most things. Wood grain finish on things would wiggle and wave. Coming down and laying in bed with my eyes closed listening to my gf play a mini organ piano on her phone, I had a faint visual of flying face down over a deep blue sea, which gradually shifted to clouds flying towards my point of perception before I drifted off to sleep.

Some of the fake stuff I was given left me wrapped in a blanket in a dark room but seeing what appeared to be the old Windows 98 stock desktop wallpaper of a rolling hillside with blue skies, but on the hillside was my tv that had the main menu to my playstation 3, surrounded by a ring of bubbles. Later made some fish stick in the toaster oven but it was the last of the bag and so I accidentally dumped all the crumbs on the tray, fired up the toaster oven and couldn't stomach to eat the fish sticks because the toasted blackened crumbs looked like bugs crawling and swirling. I knew they weren't bugs but my stomach wasn't on the same level of understanding.

Mixing harmaline extract and mushrooms yielded some pretty wild and interesting visuals. Objects that produced light whether it was a cell phone or a digital clock in a car radiated a waving rainbow-y that seemed to pulsate. This was also the first time that I seen oddly geometricly aligned eyes (Sort of like fish eyes?) seem to flash in front of me as if a disembodied light source passed by to reveal them for but a moment..

Edited by Salty117, 10 November 2021 - 11:35 PM.

• coorsmikey, Coopdog, Skywatcher and 3 others like this

#4 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,019 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2021 - 08:07 PM

On mushrooms and acid I get visual distortions, the morphing melting of the faces or textures on the wall is more mushrooms thought come to think of  it. Only one time I think I saw little orange fractals and that was intense. But yeah the word hallucinogen is a bit of a confusing term considering most of them you don't really hallucinate objects or people they appear distorted is a better way to say it.

Dantura is one of the few that will make you see shit that isn't there type of tripping. And they stay far far away from that stuff.

• coorsmikey, Coopdog, Skywatcher and 3 others like this

#5 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,844 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2021 - 05:07 PM

Unless you really venture deep inside which is super rare for me, you won’t experience anything.

Mushroom has such a mental effect that I miss most visuals unless I’m looking for ‘em. Carpets and good patterns.

Closed eyes is another story.

Acid always has obvious visuals. Everything melts, morphs, and escapes it’s boundaries. Colors are electric and flowing.

Once on a huge dose of mush the the world disassembled itself. I had to recreate myself and every memory. Basically a series of fractals I jumped through. I saw the world jumping through multiverses till I stopped on this one.

I’d like to go back, but I’m afraid
  • Coopdog and MushLuvR like this

#6 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 November 2021 - 07:52 PM

Honestly, I'm fine w/o hallucinations. I've done more acid than shrooms and enjoyed some heavy visual distortion on it, while shrooms so far everything just seems, vivid, connected, having life.

I do occasionally when closing my eyes see some shapes or lines moving around, straight mind you but nothing vivid. Last night after about 8g I was trying to get some visuals eyes closed, laid down with headphones on listening to some 432hz audio and not much of anything, rubbing my eyes lightly and a little pressure cause some "spotting" but nothing particularly special. However, before crashing I took a micro hit of THC (oil/vape thing) and man did that kick in a hole new buzz. Felt it in my body, and laying there in the dark breathing, hand motions pushing bad energy out, good in, I couldn't "see" my hands, but was visualizing them, weird but groovy, thoroughly enjoyed it

FLASHINGROOSTER, you mentioned fractals, anyone heard of or watch Mandelbrot sets?

https://www.youtube....uery=mandelbrot

Edited by Micogi, 12 November 2021 - 07:55 PM.

• Coopdog, Salty117 and MushLuvR like this

#7 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,249 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2021 - 08:04 PM

Check out Electric sheep vids on you tube ... reminds me of DMT

• Coopdog and MushLuvR like this

#8 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,019 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2021 - 11:10 AM

Honestly, I'm fine w/o hallucinations. I've done more acid than shrooms and enjoyed some heavy visual distortion on it, while shrooms so far everything just seems, vivid, connected, having life.

I do occasionally when closing my eyes see some shapes or lines moving around, straight mind you but nothing vivid. Last night after about 8g I was trying to get some visuals eyes closed, laid down with headphones on listening to some 432hz audio and not much of anything, rubbing my eyes lightly and a little pressure cause some "spotting" but nothing particularly special. However, before crashing I took a micro hit of THC (oil/vape thing) and man did that kick in a hole new buzz. Felt it in my body, and laying there in the dark breathing, hand motions pushing bad energy out, good in, I couldn't "see" my hands, but was visualizing them, weird but groovy, thoroughly enjoyed it

FLASHINGROOSTER, you mentioned fractals, anyone heard of or watch Mandelbrot sets?

https://www.youtube....uery=mandelbrot

I find those electronic distortions can be interesting but its usually more exciting when a still image comes to life. Talking about closed eye visuals and it took me a while to really get it, most of the time I would fall asleep and wake up and hour or so later wondering what the hell happened. Hearing others descriptions and also the connection with THC and it seems like it might be a major enhancer for closed eye visuals. Considering I often get images on thc alone. On acid/shrooms they become far more elaborate and intense though, almost switching the image to fast for any one shape to form. A little more like flying through the cosmic kaleidoscope. FWIW I almost always smoke THC with psychedelics for various reasons 

• Coopdog, HrVanker, Salty117 and 2 others like this

#9 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,844 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2021 - 12:34 PM

Even without thc if one can meditate or shut off the mind the images should come.

I’m unable to visualize anything.

The right music typically without lyrics will have me flying through kaleidoscope and basically riding the worm as I call it
  • Coopdog, HrVanker, bezevo and 2 others like this

#10 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 04:28 PM

Well I had a fairly intense trip last night on 4.3g of dried.

Very visual, could see paisley'ish patterns with like moving fractals eyes open, like overlayed or a filter. Trying to look at the computer was useless to find music, had a 3D look and I couldn't make out the foreground. Closing my eyes brought it all in to focus, all in all quite enjoyable visuals

Didn't have an out of body, but felt like my entity had left my being and checked it in for diagnostics. My equilibrium was off and felt like lead, gravity was overpowering my will to stand or walk.

Still feeling slightly altered today with nice crisp vision and enjoying colors, took a walk to enjoy the beautiful changing colors of the trees of which my 'hood is fairly heavily treed.

Don't know why diagnostics, but tis what I was thinking last night as I found twitching and jerky movements joyful.

I was a little taken aback by the intensity but fell in the groove.

• Arathu, HrVanker, Salty117 and 2 others like this

#11 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 429 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 04:40 PM

Sounds like it was a good ride Micogi! It's such a good feeling to me when I'm able to "assimilate" with the molecule, especially when it's a smooth process with little "turbulence" as I like to call it.

I'm familiar with the appearance of what seems like a paisley-ish film/filter/veil getting thrown across surfaces, it has seemed to occur most with my doses on Mazatapec, and Blue Meanies (Cube) for me

Edited by Salty117, 18 November 2021 - 04:41 PM.

• HrVanker and MushLuvR like this

#12 Dabluebonic

Dabluebonic

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 09:04 PM

I have only a handful of intense fungus trips. But one I will never forget is when I ate 8g of cubes and fell asleep. I woke up a little while later to a fractal background. As I walked into my bathroom I looked into the mirror and watched my face change to an old man. I looked at my toilet and saw what appeared to be sunflower seeds twitching all over. The whole toilet was covered. I looked away and everything else was fine. I looked back at the toilet and it was still happening. I laughed pretty hard and walked away.

Another time off only 4g cubes, I watched a porcelain flower wave around opening and closing. That's about it for open eye hallucinations for me.
  • Coopdog, Arathu, Salty117 and 1 other like this

#13 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,037 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2021 - 09:40 PM

I stopped time with Amanita muscaria......and thought I was dead.......

Been paralyzed on the ground by the fire and sang to..... for hours on end by a beautiful female voice from the woods themselves......while the leaves morphed into infinite geometric kaleidoscope of rhythmic dancing.......

Times I could not tell the difference between open eyes and closed........pretty sure I've hung out with the little people a few times....

I think we're all hallucinating "reality"......personally.....

Altered states anyone........I wish I had a tank like Lilly....

Of course none of this is for the faint of heart and soul, but y'all already know that......

A

• Coopdog, HrVanker, Salty117 and 2 others like this

#14 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 1,098 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 November 2021 - 10:56 PM

Ayahuasca has been pretty visually powerful for me. Of course, I did it in the darkness of a ceremony... In darkness, you might think open eyed visuals are closed eyed visuals. I recall seeing a snake appear before me and slowly open it's mouth to show it's fangs and let me peer into its throat. 

I've heard some much wilder stories about Ayahuasca as well. Traveling to other worlds, being other beings, etc. 

Edited by Guy1298, 19 November 2021 - 10:56 PM.

• Coopdog and Salty117 like this

#15 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 11:48 PM

I didn't need acid or shrooms to see a big ass pig fly through the air at a Pink Floyd concert. I even got a picture of it, I think...

I made some DMT but haven't worked up the courage to do some yet. The toxic chemicals used to make it are causing me concern.

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 21 November 2021 - 11:52 PM.

• Salty117 likes this

#16 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,302 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2021 - 03:49 AM

I think back in the late 70's early 80's that LSD was an entirely different drug. I have had some very good acid in the last 18 years but even the best that one single hit would give you a scorching 14 hour straight very visual trip, the best I got was breathing walls, patterns moving and distorting, and the melting effect where the back of the toiled appeared to be melting like candle wax under a blow torch. 

Back when I was in high school, I had stuff that 2 hits brought on genuine hallucinations, like a wave of flourescent pink cockroaches coming out of the corner of the ceiling and gradually taking over the entire room with a moving morphing layer of bright pink cockroaches crawling all over each other. Another time we all saw the entire world covered in snakes a foot deep, writhing together, draping down from the trees, sliding off of rooftops, man that was some strong ass LSD there. Did teeny tiny microdots that were monstrously strong, and would make it look like electrical cords were blowing in the wind, and the square front of a desk fold inward opening up on a whole other world in there with incredible details. The floor looked like the spots on the tiles were floating on a layer of water a foot deep and the room gently rocking back and forth.

I truly think that LSD is not synthesized the same nowadays, and that the old master cooks had a formula that doesn't exist anymore, or if it does, maybe the chemists take shortcuts, or use different precursors. Whatever, it is NOT the same, and I have not really had true hallucinations from any LSD since then. I consider myself very fortunate to have seen stuff like that back in the day, because most people never have, so I must have had some really excellent LSD. 

I have seen some crazy stuff on high dose mescaline though, and I think that is the best way to go now if you really want to see some very real hallucinations. You can't half ass it though, gotta jump in with both feet to get there. I have seen the walls of my room covered in rainbow colored flames, and the square room suddenly pop out into a big glass globe that odd creatures and fairy folk and goblins were coming up to from the dark and peering in through the glass at us while my guitar grew into my ribcage and tears streamed down my cheeks in a constant flow. Beautiful pure love and bliss experience. The moon was a huge lacey mandela over my head and the grass and bushes were whispering and gossipping about us. GOD I need one of those nights soooo bad right now. 

• Arathu, Skywatcher, HrVanker and 4 others like this

#17 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,037 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2021 - 07:02 PM

That sent a chill down my spine.......I fucking remember that......same time, same kind of experiences...late 70's early 80's....and then when I came back from overseas the scene wasn't even close to the same as when I left....

I was corrupted by some very talented folks that were a bit older than I, skilled in the arts and schooled in the lab......that stuff and those days are gone....those people too...

We saw the best of Rock and Roll live at one of several venues for DIRT CHEAP compared to the insanity of today....

I know some of the bud back then was absolutely killer....man do I miss good hashish..

Nostalgic interlude.....

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Salty117 and 1 other like this

#18 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,302 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2021 - 07:54 PM

That was back when if you told people you took multiple hits they were just astounded lol. My what I would give for a dozen hits like that nowadays, but alas, in my very experienced opinion, man it just doesn't exist now. I have taken a ten strip of the stuff I described above that one would give you a 14 hour trip and although I tripped my absolute balls off, I did not get anything similar to the late 70's early 80's madness. so glad I have the memories at least!

That time I was at the ocean for my wife and my birthdays. We had rented a very top shelf beach house for two grand for two days that had a huge glass walled room with a panoramic view and a gorgeous gas firepit in the middle with a big hot tub looking out on the ocean. There was a full moon, a light breeze and 68 degrees at 4 am in April that weekend with an amazing surround sound stereo setup that brought Pink Floyd to life. Solid gold memory there too. As I said above, OMG I NEED a weekend like that again. The last two years have been entirely too heavy to keep carrying around. 

Edited by Coopdog, 23 November 2021 - 08:00 PM.

• Arathu, Skywatcher, HrVanker and 2 others like this

#19 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,019 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2021 - 01:03 PM

I have yet to have a wild trip like that with the visual distortions. Perhaps it is the drugs themselves that are the issue. When ever I try to take high doses of cubes it results in blurry vision and me wanting to lay down and close my eyes. I did try some 2Cb and it did produce more of a rainbow effect of colour wash when noticing the sunlight. No freaking elves and shit though, its sounds fantastic haha. I thought dmt would get me there but I haven't really played with it enough to say for sure. Never tried that mescaline  but I would really like to.

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 24 November 2021 - 01:04 PM.

• Salty117 likes this

#20 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,844 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2021 - 01:53 PM

Definitely a resurgence of clean good acid in the 90s then again in the 2000's. It ebbs and flows. Anytime my friends grab some and I swear I won't take it I trip for 12-14 hours with full blown visuals. 

10 of my closest friends about 15 hits to go around. Only 8 dose. I take 2.5 squares. The tough guy takes 4. My one buddy took 2.5 as well. Rest take from 0.25-1.0 blotter.

I was the first to notice it as I was meditating. We were outside and the rain had started so I opened my eyes. Where the water pooled on the deck there was splotches of paint. I forget what color it was but a few drops had the whole deck swirling and moving like watercolor. Brilliant colors I never knew possible.
Once I pointed it out the group hypnosis took place.
Shortly later we went into the woods and played with the spirits and entities. 

After maybe 8-10 hours we decided it was time to cook. Everyone was too chickenshit to work the grill so I cooked us up some burgers. The one dude who took 2.5 as well projectile vomited as soon as it touched his mouth. Self-proclaimed hunter/country boy just found out what meat was...I knew immediately. 

Various other times I procured liquid and had me seeing all types of wild electric shit. I don't care for acid as it's too energetic. It's very social compared to mush. Granted I've had great times with group mush experiences. Hellish ones too.

I think if you know the scenes where the LSD is flowing. It's still there.

• Coopdog, Arathu, HrVanker and 3 others like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!