6 replies to this topic

#1 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 November 2021 - 08:51 PM

Figured I'd share this myco-gem...

So I currently am staying with my sister, and frequently my nieces come over, my great niece and nephew.

Past couple months or so my GN always hounds me to play MineCraft with her, and today was no different.

At one point I took a quick break to go up and get a drink, and remember the little nub of a fruit I had in the FC so I plucked it, weighed, and ate it, 3g.

In the meantime she was getting a new world setup, she's 5, so I get back down and in the world, and what do you know...

It was a mushroom world! Little mushrooms everywhere on the ground and building size mushrooms all over as well. Seemed to get even cooler a little later...

I'd never played MineCraft before, always thought it was kinda cheesy, but it's actually kind of cool for building, it's got a metric shit ton of different style blocks etc.

Funny too, she can't really read, but knows the name of everything in that game!

• Salty117 and rockyfungus like this

#2 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,346 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2021 - 09:02 PM

"Mushroom fields is a rare lush biome. It is the rarest non-variant biome in the game. The mushroom biome usually generates as a single island surrounded by ocean, though it occasionally generates touching land on a side. The islands have the occasional tendency to be close to one another, resulting in multiple mushroom fields separated by only a few hundred blocks."

Minecraft is a really interesting game. With games coming so much further and looking way better. They hit a formula that works with minimal graphics (Granted people mod it to look ultra realistic).

The formula has now been duplicated into space games, underwater games, viking, and almost anything else you can want.

I always try and get into minecraft to just realize I don't have the imagination or time to build. I'll jump back in with the new "caves and cliffs" update. They are redesigning the world generation. 

Trippy video

[Direct Link]

People have like probably recreated minecraft inside minecraft at this point.

Nieces and nephews too. Need to be able to BS with all types of people at work and minecraft hit's a huge demographic of younguns (6-mid 20's is the demo I'd say and bleeds over into 30+, my father-in-law's brother (80+) plays with his grandkids LOL)

Edited by rockyfungus, 14 November 2021 - 09:12 PM.

• Salty117 and Micogi like this

#3 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 November 2021 - 08:18 AM

It's moments like this that make me wonder if we all really are stuck in a simulation  :laugh:

• Micogi likes this

#4 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 04:45 PM

MineCraft is really cool, way more so than I'd imagined previously.

I ended up buying it so we didn't have to share a screen and have been playing a good bit this week.

Really really cool some of things you can do, from making music to automation using redstone, pistons, switches/buttons/pressure plates.

I've been playing with making railways and adding some actions/automation and started dabbling with not blocks.

Otherwise I seem to like building towers and digging out cave dwellings in hills/mountains.

That Beetlejuice roller coaster is wicked cool!

Wish I'd seen it last night...

Salty, it's some kind of simulation. After a journey last night I came to the conclusion that yes, there are multiple universes, each and every one of us are our own universe. Collectively through us all each and every decision, outcome, and possibilities is being played out in "real time".

• Salty117 likes this

#5 Salty117

Salty117

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 458 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 05:06 PM

I have yet to get deeper into the autonomus crafts in Minecraft, so far I have only spent time foraging for resources and hollowing out mountain sides. It's been a month or so since I played last, my gf turned my attention to the game Stardew Valley because it's one of her favorites and she wanted to see me play it since I had never played it until recently.. it's a fun farming game that goes way deeper than just planting and harvesting crops.. and I still need to finish the final battle in Dragon Age: Inquisition lol.

• Micogi likes this

#6 Micogi

Micogi

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 05:21 PM

I pretty much just play in Creative mode with an occasional switch to Adventure or Survival to try some things.

Just purely for building I'd rather have materials at my fingertips instead of foraging/crafting.

Looking up a few of the parts to better understand their usage, I've seen some really cool things done with autonomy. Repeaters, differentiators, light detectors, I've been slowly incorporating a little here and there until I think of something to build utilizing it.

I used to be a big WOW player, but after 15 years or so all the zones are getting old, and I don't like new content, nothing past WOTLK really. I'd been playing Classic and BC when they released but I don't play enough to buy a sub, and zones/content was really getting mundane.

My nephew turned me onto Amazon's New World. It's pretty cool, and I like it's a one time purchase so I can play periodically when I want vs playing a month straight on a WOW 30 day play pass lol.

I'm very cyclical, I'll get involved in something, be nothing but that for a time, then move onto something else and won't touch previous for quite some time.

Edited by Micogi, 18 November 2021 - 05:26 PM.

• Salty117 likes this

#7 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,346 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 November 2021 - 05:44 PM

Don't look into Factorio.

Minecraft I do some survival get destroyed quickly and curse the game for being so tough yet simple. Switch to creative and find a cave to explore. Make a minecart and get burnt out.
Stardew is great, but I've never beat it. 
Tried WoW for a moment and didn't like the grind. Switched to GW2 and played it off and on over the years. I'm interested in Lost Ark.

Speaking of your thoughts Micogi. I came to a similar conclusion but saw it all as people being in their individual cells (also universes at other times too). Really depends if I'm into biology or astrophysics at the time. 

Cells come in contact. Some have strict boundaries not allowing any information (materials) pass. Others have leaky membranes. Others selectively allow stuff through. There's so many weird things with cell biology that my mixed up brain tries to tie it together with Meaning of Life.

• Salty117 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!