#21 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 09:42 PM

Day 4 after spawning the GWM to sub

DSC01777 (Medium).JPG

I don't know whether to be impressed or worried with the speed of colonization. Worried by the potential harvest I might be facing, not a bad thing but my dehydrator may be inadequate to the task. Besides which I recently tore apart my cobbled together dehydrator made from a box fan that would have been up to the task. They are called monster for a reason and this is a 32 qt tub and if I get a canopy... I'm looking forward to getting a few spore prints. Everybody says 10 days is average but the surface was totally covered by day 3. This is as impressive as getting a shipment from China in 3 days. Has anyone else had this fast of a colonization? Do I need to worry about it coming after me in the middle of the night?

I'm hesitant to put it to FC so soon, any suggestions on how to proceed? I understand some varieties need a verm casing on top when putting to FC. Is this one of those times?

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 21 November 2021 - 09:47 PM.

#22 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 November 2021 - 10:42 AM

The day after the last post I put it to FC, it seems happy enough but no primordia development yet. The sub is pulling away from the tub sides. I put a piece of bubble wrap on top to try stimulating things but except for more mycelia growth nada. Do I need to put a casing layer of verm on it?

#23 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,584 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 10:22 AM

Pinning can stubborn sometimes
Most likely a little more time is all you need.
  • rockyfungus likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!