18 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,674 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2021 - 02:52 PM

I know there's a ton of recipe threads on here but I do not have the time to look through them all so I'm making yet another post asking for advice..
here's my dilemma.. my father is an old hippie who has been smoking weed longer than I have been alive.. lol... problem is he has COPD now and goes into coughing fits when he smokes.. here's the other problem.. he is a diabetic so gotta watch his sugar intake.. that don't stop him from eating sweets though.. he will eat a cupcake and take a shot of insulin.. lol..
So what I really need is a low sugar recipe with a high thc content.. I have only made brownies and fudge and that was over 20 years ago so don't remember the exact dosage I put in it.. I know I used hash oil in the fudge
Thanks
Hugsndrugs
  • wharfrat likes this

#2 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,734 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2021 - 03:49 PM

Hello Mrs Hippie, I'd guess you could use sugar free jello in making gummies?

https://mycotopia.ne...e/#entry1439919

There are also recipes using Stevia in baked goods, might be a way of making brownies? Maybe even a diabetic cookbook? You can cook flower or hash into individual recipes and decarb in the process or decarb some flower or hash and sprinkle it on anything, so long as there is fat or oil. Pizza, hamburger, sautéed mushrooms, salad, ice cream, scrambled eggs, hot chocolate, etc. may all be dosed.

Good luck!
  • Moonless and Salty117 like this

#3 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,420 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2021 - 04:42 PM

You can buy a SUGAR FREE  fudge chocolate or chocolate cake mix ,

at any big grocery or like Evil Wal-Mart,and make it into Brownies

Heres HOW !

Use 20 to 40% less water or milk ,....some Oil  butter ...not to much   .also only one egg ,

instead of two,

I like to Cook the crushed cannabis in the oil or butter  LOW N SLOW in a saucce pan ..before you add it to your sugar free cake mix .

IMPORTANT , You shoould make a few TEST BROWN Batches tell you get it just right .

i would be glad for all these  ,Not Just Right batches sent to me USPS.

.i like chopped English walnuts in mine HEE HEE

YAaaaaaa  DAaaaaaa !

bez 

Edited by bezevo, 11 December 2021 - 05:17 PM.

• Salty117 and YoshiTrainer like this

#4 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,309 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2021 - 10:31 AM

The secret is Splenda..........

I use it every day in my coffee and it taste's delicious, just like sugar.

I have used this chocolate cake recipe for cupcakes, and it tastes good !

You can substitute your canna-oil. I calculate the dose for the number of cupcakes, and add regular oil to the amount to make the recipe work....

https://www.food.com...ate-cake-317972

• Mrs.Hippie3, Moonless and YoshiTrainer like this

#5 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,674 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2021 - 06:33 PM

Thanks guys. I do have a diabetic cookbook and there is a chocolate bundt cake recipe in it that he likes. Guess I
could try that.. and yea I have heard that splenda is the best sugar substitute
  • Skywatcher likes this

#6 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,309 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 December 2021 - 09:43 PM

Splenda has no artificial or nasty aftertaste. It is made from sugar, and can be used in baking quite easily.

Soft drinks that use it as a sweetener, taste 100% real.

I keep some in the sugar bowl, and nobody who has used it here knew the difference..........

(I see this is reading like a commercial, but you really would not be sorry you tried it...)

• Juthro likes this

#7 Mycol

Mycol

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 11:10 PM

Just make him a mess of butter . He can put it on anything . Cook his morning eggs in it. Don’t have to be sugary to incorporate some cannabutter .
  • Mrs.Hippie3 and YoshiTrainer like this

#8 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 860 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 04:30 PM

I'm a recovering T2 diabetic so most baked goods are a no no for me. I have been making cannabutter aiming for about a dose per gramm then use a syringe to fill 000 gel caps with the cooled but still liquid canna butter. Store a bunch in fridge inside a tight sealed container. Seems to work well for me.
(sorry, just realised that doesn't really answer @mrs.hippie3 original question. I'll leave it, so one else might find it useful)
  • Mrs.Hippie3, YoshiTrainer and Mycol like this

#9 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2021 - 07:36 PM

I think your answer is Green Dragon, MaH.  It is easy to make and lasts a long time.  He can take as little or as much as he wants.

I have a thread here that has the recipe.

Give it a shot.  Many people have tried many different methods and they all stick with the Green Dragon.

I hope this helps your father.

• Mrs.Hippie3 and YoshiTrainer like this

#10 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,674 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2021 - 06:59 PM

I think your answer is Green Dragon, MaH.  It is easy to make and lasts a long time.  He can take as little or as much as he wants.
I have a thread here that has the recipe.
Give it a shot.  Many people have tried many different methods and they all stick with the Green Dragon.
I hope this helps your father.

Can you find it for me and post the link please? I like the idea of the canna butter... I will look into that.. too busy to mess with it right now wth Christmas this week but hoping to find or make some before his bday at the end of next month.. thanks for all your input guys.. given me a few ideas

#11 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2021 - 09:23 PM

Here ya go, MaH.

https://mycotopia.ne...8-green-dragon/

I have an updated version if you are interested.  It is easier to read.

PM me if you are interested.  I will send it to you.  :smile:

• Mrs.Hippie3 likes this

#12 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,674 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2021 - 08:15 PM

Here ya go, MaH.
https://mycotopia.ne...8-green-dragon/
I have an updated version if you are interested.  It is easier to read.
PM me if you are interested.  I will send it to you.  :smile:

Thank you! I will look it over when I have time.. got too much on my plate right now to be adding anything else

#13 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,674 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2022 - 02:06 PM

Ok back to this thread.. I looked over the green dragon thread but probably won't have the time to make it before his bday.. my state is legal now but haven't been in any dispensaries.. would they sell canna butter already made?

#14 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2022 - 10:17 PM

Ya.  It takes about 2 1/2 hrs.

I am not sure about what dispensaries have but I do believe they have tinctures or infused oils.  You may want to try them out.

I hope you can find what works perfect for him. :hug:

• Mrs.Hippie3 and MushLuvR like this

#15 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,674 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2022 - 06:21 PM

Just learned that the head shop in town is also a dispensary! They don't sell canna butter but they do sell edibles.. they got dorweedos.. lol.. they also have something that will dissolve in liquid that's sugar free.. think that would be his best bet.. oh and I noticed they have some old school strains like northern lights and white widow! Gonna try to get a med card if it's not too expensive but last I heard it was at least 200!
  • bozefonce likes this

#16 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,674 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2022 - 08:14 PM

Looky what I got from my local dispensary! Most of you should recognize who that is or at the least the painting behind his self portrait.. my fav painting and artist! Pretty sure the bong wasn't in the original though.. lol.. oh and the lid is magnetic so I keep my papers in it.. oh and I don't need a med card to get it here anymore apparently.. I've already been through like 7 of their strains.. lol

20220113_144731.jpg

20220113_144531.jpg
  • Skywatcher, YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

#17 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 March 2022 - 09:01 PM

Awesome to hear Mrs.H! I bet you'll make a yummy edible!

#18 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 505 posts

Posted 05 March 2022 - 09:39 AM

Has he tried vaping instead of smoking it? Something like a Tvape Utillian 722? I'm using it as an example not advocating this brand or model. I usually vape CBD bud but on occasion add a bit of weed as a microdose pick me up to the mix. Maybe a friend has one he can try first...?
  • Moonless likes this

#19 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,674 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2022 - 07:50 PM

Yes I got him some dabs for his bday but they also have edibles there.. he got some "trips ahoy" eventhough he's a diabetic.. lol.. but it came with 3 cookies for 20 bucks and they tasted better than the regular ones.. lol.. they also have gummies and oil that you can put in any liquid like your coffee every morning which is what I was trying to get him to buy but he's a stubborn male.. lol

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!