67 replies to this topic

#21 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,076 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2022 - 11:22 AM

Well gentlemen, I've made it back - for the most part. ;)  Still experiencing some noticeable visuals but ready for breakfast. I take that as a good sign. Just had a rare morning bowl. Looks like hippie highballs for breakfast - coffee and weed. LOL

Yeah. I guess I'm still a little giggly too.

This was / is .......strange to say the least. It is familiar until I start to think about it and quantify the experience. Definitely not mescaline but still heavy and dreamy so not ...... not mescaline either.  I do have a bit of hard edgy-ness going on but it's somehow unusual and familiar at the same time. Not the normal sore-teeth, tired legs, and exhaustion I usually feel after a whole dose. I feel as if I am recovering from an acid trip that I had years ago - reliving it like deja-vu. My body feels like it is still in its 20's? Perhaps I'm still more out there than I give credit for. It would seem that my familiar favorite paper is lasting longer than I normally experience. ;)

In all, I am a tiny bit hung-over from the acetylaldehyde (I was drinking some barrel-aged cider to wash down that dose).

It occurs to me that I may sit here and ramble for awhile as I process.

Notes to self: - Procure some THH - repeat process

Also still want to try this with morning glory seeds

I would certainly recommend this to friends. This method of preparation was certainly worth the tiny extra effort. Will return later if I think of anything to add.

• phlegmbae, coorsmikey, Coopdog and 4 others like this

#22 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,503 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2022 - 08:02 PM

Thank you Myc for putting your feedback in here. I think this needs to be much better known, and I am quite surprised this has not caught on with all of us trippers. I am definitely a fan for life. :) It's a fantastic modification for aiding my ability to continue enjoying these things into my later years. I felt it was much easier on the body for sure. 

Edited by Coopdog, 09 January 2022 - 08:03 PM.

• phlegmbae, Myc, FLASHINGROOSTER and 1 other like this

#23 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,863 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2022 - 09:56 PM

If either of you guys needs someone to verify your results for you, I do love science! :)
  • Myc, coorsmikey, Coopdog and 2 others like this

#24 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2022 - 10:24 PM

Sounds like you guys had some great trips.

LSD has always been way too speedy. I do enjoy the increased sociability it causes. I tend to stay awake for 24-48 hours and can't do that anymore.
I'm due for a good trip was hoping to sample something more exotic then cubes. 

Would adding sherry to psilocybin do anything?

edit: Semp spawn to eat???

Edited by rockyfungus, 09 January 2022 - 10:25 PM.

#25 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,503 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2022 - 02:04 AM

I don't think that would do anything, (Might be completely wrong, I am not a chemistry major} but adding an MAOI sure would. Rockyfungus sounds like you need to grow some Panaeolus Cyanascens. Just got a syringe of that myself to try to get going. 

Edited by Coopdog, 10 January 2022 - 02:17 AM.

• Mycomaniac2007 likes this

#26 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,583 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2022 - 02:17 PM

A discovery like this needs its' own acronym.

I propose BAFOF

Better Acid For Old Farts

Edited by pharmer, 10 January 2022 - 02:18 PM.

• phlegmbae, Myc, coorsmikey and 4 others like this

#27 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,076 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2022 - 11:54 AM

After having a couple of days to recover I find that this method is easier on the body overall.

It would seem as though this "trip" has given me a smooth space from which to slow down on the drinking. Been drinking way less over the past few days and am really feeling much better. Better sleep, better appetite (for healthier food - not junk), and an overall increase in my ability to tolerate life's complications.

The booze is killing me gentlemen. I was drinking like an alcohol-fueled fish for the past two years. Alcoholic behaviors and thinking were becoming re-established. Glad to have a way to break the cycle and take a step back.

I still can't wrap my mind around how to describe this experience.

I was having so much fun I lost track of time. Realized that I was tired and needed to go to bed sometime around 5 AM.  I dosed somewhere around 7 PM the night before and even though I had a few drinks on the come-up........I switched to drinking water once everything leveled out.

I strongly recommend trying this method. There was no feeling of the LSD having been "watered-down". The experience is just different and familiar at the same time. I'll do this every time I intend to dose from now on.

• Sidestreet, phlegmbae, coorsmikey and 4 others like this

#28 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,863 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2022 - 01:18 PM

Congratulations on taking back control, keep going!

Sounds like one heck of a smooth ride with a long afterglow.

I will be growing a giant "feral" patch of morning glory this year to give the sherry soak a try. :)
  • Myc and Coopdog like this

#29 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,503 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2022 - 04:33 PM

Myc, thank you so much for following up on this. I agree, it was so much more enjoyable it's hard to put into words. Sort of like combing a slow stream if MDMA into it, but so much easier on everything. I was amazed at the positive afterglow. So glad you are knocking back the alcohol thing too. I had weaned myself down to very little, but kinda backslid over the holidays. Doing better again this week though too. So glad you liked it as much as I did. 

• Myc and YoshiTrainer like this

#30 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2022 - 04:56 PM

Sounds good with everyone's "Recovery or pacing", I'm still eyeballing these cubes but really dislike them. I need some tuning but currently running pressure cooker of grain. That's always bad vibes trippin'.

I did quit smoking cigarettes now for about a week. Weed is next on the agenda.

I'll wait for these sempervivae to present themselves as they are suppose to be gentle.

Wish I had some doses to experiment, alcohol treats me like shit though.

• coorsmikey, Coopdog, FLASHINGROOSTER and 1 other like this

#31 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2022 - 07:34 PM

Well looks like I might have to table this one for a while, placed an order but the distribution center (aka the guy) is out for the time being. Oh well, luckily I have a mushroom stash to last me the rest of the year

• Coopdog likes this

#32 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,186 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2022 - 07:51 PM

Well looks like I might have to table this one for a while, placed an order but the distribution center (aka the guy) is out for the time being. Oh well, luckily I have a mushroom stash to last me the rest of the year

My Guy (AKA distribution center)  has plenty of cooking sherry on hand, for what it's worth. :hug:

Edited by coorsmikey, 14 January 2022 - 07:52 PM.

• Coopdog and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#33 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2022 - 07:57 PM

Well shoot, tell him to send me a couple pallets worth lets kick this year off with a bang haha

• Coopdog likes this

#34 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,503 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2022 - 12:15 AM

I have GOT to say, I have felt so much better, more energetic, more creative, more musical and in general positive ever since I did this. I am very grateful for sure. Not had an afterglow like this since I was a kid. I think the cooking sherry trick is the connection between way back when and modern day tripping.

Coorsmikey check your pm's. 

Edited by Coopdog, 15 January 2022 - 03:04 AM.

• Sidestreet likes this

#35 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2022 - 05:49 PM

:biggrin:

I am hoping next weekend is in the cards. Miraculously I was able to get my hands on some Sherry. Now all I need to do is pop down to the local store and get some of that acid stuff. 

Awesome

Although I wonder if I should do a control first without the additives to get a good understanding of how strong that Sherry is on its own

• Coopdog and YoshiTrainer like this

#36 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,583 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2022 - 06:05 PM

Even at 16 to 18 percent an ounce of Sherry won't hit you too hard eh?

I'm more curious about the side by side comparison of the acid with and without the sherry.  I'd guess we'd have to wait a few days between each dose of acid to allow any tolerance or familiarity to fade before making the comparison.

• Coopdog and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#37 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2022 - 06:19 PM

Likely a couple weekends, work has been busy. 

I don't think I have honesty bought any real sherry wine in my life before. I need to do some googling to better understand it. Basically just fortified wine? Myc I thought I remember you saying you were going to try it with some cider, did you?

• Myc and Coopdog like this

#38 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,583 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2022 - 07:09 PM

I watch a lot of cooking shows. The TV chefs seem to agree you want to buy your Sherry at a liquor store, not the grocery store. I'm taking that as an indicator that "true" sherry is a more complete version where the grocery store brand is going to be alcohol with sherry like flavors - or something like that.

Given the uniqueness and rarity of the proposed occasion I'll spend the bigger bucks for the real thing.

Besides, it might improve my cooking if nothing else :)

• Coopdog, FLASHINGROOSTER and YoshiTrainer like this

#39 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,349 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2022 - 08:22 PM

I watch a lot of cooking shows. The TV chefs seem to agree you want to buy your Sherry at a liquor store, not the grocery store. I'm taking that as an indicator that "true" sherry is a more complete version where the grocery store brand is going to be alcohol with sherry like flavors - or something like that.

Given the uniqueness and rarity of the proposed occasion I'll spend the bigger bucks for the real thing.

Besides, it might improve my cooking if nothing else :)

The cooking Sherry you get in the grocery side of the store is generally no cheaper then the real stuff in the wine section.  It's real Sherry, but they add a metric shit ton of salt to it so you cant drink enough to catch a buzz without making yourself sick. 

It's the same concept as when they add poison to ethanol to make denatured alcohol.  By making it undrinkable they can sell it without having to pay liquor taxes, and you don't need to be 21 to buy it. So I would say you definitely don't want to use grocery store cooking Sherry for this.  Really you don't want to use it for cooking either, just get a cheap bottle from the booze mart.

BTW, it's off topic but cooking with Sherry rocks, I do it quite regularly.

Edited by Juthro, 11 February 2022 - 08:45 PM.

• Mycomaniac2007, Coopdog, FLASHINGROOSTER and 1 other like this

#40 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,503 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2022 - 08:54 PM

Grocery store Sherry worked just fine. This conversion has nothing to do with the alcohol content, but most in the grocery store is 14-17% alcohol. What counts is the acetylaldahyde (Not sure if I spelled that correctly or if it is Acetaldehyde, and the cooking sherry in the grocery store is just fine. The stuff you want is in the vinegar department, not the kind in the wine aisle, although that might work as well. But I just followed the directions in the original post and it came out beautifully. 

The LSD I used was tried and true and damn good product, and I ate the other two hits of that 5 piece a few months back and it was awesome, but just a regular acid trip. Adding the Sherry will make quite a difference in the trip, and my suggestion is to not overthink it. You will enjoy it. 

I also use wine in my cooking especially for cooking mushrooms in wine sauce. Damn fine edibles there. 

Oh, and Myc added a post or two above there describing his experience as well. He went at it a lot more scientifically than I did, but excellent results. 

Edited by Coopdog, 11 February 2022 - 08:55 PM.

• FLASHINGROOSTER and YoshiTrainer like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!