#41 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,300 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2022 - 09:35 PM

I guess if your only using a shot of the sherry that it is not enough to cause you any problems. Though it's just grape wine that's been fortified, with salt, potassium metabisulfite, and potassium sorbate added, so unless those things play into the chemistry, regular sherry wine should work just as well. 

My head hasn't been in a good place for a trip lately, but when once I work through some things and get in a better place I'll give the regular sherry a shot, and check back in.

• Coopdog, FLASHINGROOSTER and YoshiTrainer like this

#42 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,479 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2022 - 02:36 AM

I had a single hit of the trips I got ahold of a while back, just to give myself some perspective on it so when I do it right in a week or three, I will have a good baseline to compare to. This is light, comfortable, and even at 90 minutes in getting some light visuals from just one square. Just wanted to give myself a good basis for comparison when I go at it a bit deeper sometime in the not too distant future. So far so good. I'll chime back in in a couple hours when it tops off and say hey and make a note to self for future reference. I want to give this a more fair evaluation than just one experience. We all know how that can vary ;)

• Juthro, FLASHINGROOSTER and YoshiTrainer like this

#43 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2022 - 09:37 AM

Oh nice somehow I totally missed that part where Myc described the process. He did use the strong cider. Well I suppose this explains the choice of sherry specifically considering it appears to provide the best source for acetylaldahyde in wine

https://waterhouse.u...ne/acetaldehyde

I got time to try both, perhaps I will start with the cooking just to keep the baseline the same as coop. Then try the liquor store after to see if there is any difference

• Myc, Coopdog, Juthro and 1 other like this

#44 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,059 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2022 - 11:13 AM

I used hard apple cider - also known as apple wine.

It is 14% ABV and has quite a lot of acetylaldehyde - and it works like a champ!

I looked into a way to measure the level of acetylaldehyde but it is not that simple. The process requires a spetrophotometer. My hypothesis is that if I can smell it - it must be present. (I know - not very scientific. Lend me $3,000 dollars and I'll get my spectrophotometer recalibrated.)

I chose the hard cider because it's easy for me to obtain in any amount I want. I have access to barrels of the stuff.

I used a scalpel and shaved some needle-thin slivers off of some blotter paper. For the past two days I've been micro-dosing and chasing a tiny crumb of paper (about the size of a pepper flake)  with a glass of hard cider.

The effects are sub-psyhoactive but very noticeable.

I'm going to give it a few more days to see if I can achieve any lasting results. I'm trying to improve my base-line mood - as one might do with anti-depressants. It's only been two consecutive days now so I'll keep going so long as there are no negative impacts. I'm noticing that my appetite is reduced and I'm eating a whole lot less (not good for a skinny person). So we'll see if I can keep this up.

Edited by Myc, 12 February 2022 - 11:18 AM.

• Coopdog, Juthro, FLASHINGROOSTER and 1 other like this

#45 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,479 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2022 - 05:06 PM

I did that hit of acid last night, seemed decent stuff, mild visuals, tripped and watched some old trip movies and listened to some music. Around 6 am I was ready to attempt sleep, and managed to get there, but damn did I have some mindfuck twisted dreams lol. Strange night lol Kinda glad I didn't just jump in with 3 like I am prone to doing. There was no sherry involved, as I said trying to get a baseline for future reference. Well, I got it lol. 

• Myc, FLASHINGROOSTER and YoshiTrainer like this

#46 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2022 - 05:37 PM

I think the cooking sherry takes the cake for price and volume. I grabbed a small bottle for six bucks at the grocery store. I wonder if it is somehow exempt from our sin tax. The liquor sherry I found was closer to 20. Booze is pretty pricey compared to down south. People that live reasonably close to the border often make day trips to pick up a few bottles. Still cheaper paying the duty. On a road trip I always loved hitting the first convivence store in Montana to load up on cheap beers and snacks.

I do see the 1.5 mg of salt per 100ml on the cooking sherry bottle. Besides making it hard to drink I think it acts as a preservative so you can let it sit on your kitchen counter without spoiling. Since you only need a small amount and it needs to be fresh it is probably the most practical. If one were to grab one of those vacuum seal pumps tregar was talking about, the larger bottles at the liquor store would not  go to waste.

Reconsidered my idea to drink the rest of the bottle after. At the higher content I would be pretty full. Sometimes drinking and acid makes me sick so I try not to get too shit faced on it. Being puking dizzy drunk sick at 1 am right when your acid trip kicks in really blows, too sick to do enjoy the trip and way to high to pass out on the bathroom floor. Engage shower on my knees and stick upper body in an attempt to cool down. Fuck

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 12 February 2022 - 05:39 PM.

• phlegmbae, Salty117 and YoshiTrainer like this

#47 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2022 - 11:47 AM

Acid checks out. One thing I did notice is the usual chills I get were not present. Other than that it didn't seem vey far off from my last batch. Food was tasting pretty incredible about halfway through, had some nice brie and fresh bakery Kaisers. Decided to try out some of that Sherry for shits and giggles and it was fun to sit and sniff it, eat the cheese. Something to that wine and cheese. Fruit was of course always awesome, I spent the last hour before bed dreaming about going to the grocery store in the morning and buying fruit. 

Nice afterglow the next day is what counts the most to me. Feeling pretty good today. Came home with some exotics I have never tried before, Kumquat. Meh

Ready for round two with the conversion

• Myc, coorsmikey, Coopdog and 1 other like this

#48 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,479 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2022 - 11:54 PM

Unless you have a wine storage kit, you might want to get another bottle of sherry. The active ingredient gasses off rather fast from what I have seen. It is supposed to not gas off until it hits 70 degrees, but I would not use the same bottle. Just a thought :) 

• FLASHINGROOSTER and YoshiTrainer like this

#49 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2022 - 01:59 PM

No worries I ended up buying a couple  :biggrin:. Going to try the cooking sherry first and then I have another bottle of Sherry that remains unopened for the event. My spazz personality wouldn't let me do the reasonable thing and buy one bottle

• Coopdog, Juthro and YoshiTrainer like this

#50 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2022 - 04:30 PM

Stirring  :biggrin:

• Coopdog likes this

#51 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2022 - 05:26 PM

Frick I wrote those instructions down somehwere..... It was basically mix it every hour for three hours in a cold sealed container in the fridge right?

• Coopdog likes this

#52 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,558 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2022 - 07:28 PM

https://mycotopia.ne...ald52-question/

step 1) Fill a shot glass up all the way with dry fridge cold just-opened fresh sherry wine. Sherry wine is already at ph=4 which is what study calls for, and contains the acetaldehyde (5mg avg. per 15ml) we need like the study.

step 2) Drop 2 hits of 100ug acid (or your preferred dosage) into shot glass.

step 3) Put a foil cover tightly on shot glass and let sit in fridge. I like to use a double size shot glass so that when I swirl the contents, no spill over. You can swirl by hand or use end of a spoon to stir.

step 4) Swirl the shot glass once per hour for at least 30 seconds, the researchers used a stir mantel in the fridge, and achieved 100% new product creation in 1.5 hour, but since we are not using a stir mantle, swirl once per hour. This works just as well, trust me.

step 5) After 3 hours sitting in fridge, consume, sit back & enjoy the brand new experience of 1-acetaldehyde LSD, or what is similar to ALD-52 with one extra hydrogen at the bottom indole NH group.

• Coopdog, Juthro, FLASHINGROOSTER and 1 other like this

#53 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,558 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2022 - 11:11 PM

normally I'd get all geezerly and say something like UTFSE

but what kind of prick would interfere with a guy who's actively stirring his miracle???????

not this prick :) :biggrin: :hug:

have a good ride, you've earned it

• Juthro, FLASHINGROOSTER and rockyfungus like this

#54 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,300 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2022 - 11:36 PM

^^  Amen to that ^^  (not the geezerly part, the have a good ride part :)

• Coopdog and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#55 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,479 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2022 - 02:46 AM

Sending you positive trip vibes! :) I almost did it tonight my damn self. Maybe tomorrow. How much did you mix in? Hope you have a nice comfortable trip like I had when I did it with the Sherry~ Enjoy man! 

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#56 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2022 - 01:10 PM

Uh yeah that was cool. I decided to go like of a 70% tab to be precise. I feel more comfortable around the half dose zone but that was so nice of a ride I am seriously considering bumping up the dosage to two. 

Of course there are many factors that seem to effect a trip but that was one of the better ones I have had in a while. Nearly none of the introspective why is there fucking dirt on my floor, where is my life going trip, less teeth grindy feeling and more of the, oh fuck this is fun, lets keep this going feeling

Last weekends trip was decent but this trip felt better for sure. I am more excited to do it again, although I do I have a theory on psychedelics that the more frequently you do them the more forgiving them seem to be so I wonder how much effect that has but I can't help but feel there was something different there with the Sherry. Didn't really sleep much but still feeling pretty fucking good this morning

As far as visuals go either mine are really staring to fade out or something because I have been noticing less distortion lately. Less of the streaky colours effect I really noticed like on some of that 2cb. Mushrooms still seem to give me that wavy shifty distortion but I have noticed it a little less on acid lately. Maybe I need to take more though?

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 26 February 2022 - 01:13 PM.

• Myc, Coopdog, pharmer and 2 others like this

#57 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,479 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2022 - 01:53 PM

Very seldom will you get much visuals from 70% of one tab, so that is probably where that issue resides. When I did 3 a while back with the Sherry that was just the coolest most enjoyable trip. Very glad you enjoyed it. Might just have to follow suit soon. When I did that single tab recently the visuals were very mild. 2cb is based on the same chemistry as mescaline, and like mushrooms they are a whole other ballgame. I am very glad this cooking Sherry thing was shared in here. :) 

• FLASHINGROOSTER, YoshiTrainer and rockyfungus like this

#58 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2022 - 03:08 PM

Me too. I would encourage anyone who can get their hands on a tab to try it out. I fail to see any negatives from the experience, well except the salty sherry haha. 

Turns out I have acquired a bit of taste for sherry as well. Somewhere in between a strong drink and a glass of wine 

• Coopdog and Juthro like this

#59 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,300 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2022 - 05:07 PM

So Rooster, in your opinion what would you say were the major differences between using the sherry, and just eating a tab?

• Coopdog likes this

#60 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2022 - 10:07 AM

It felt more Euphoric and less introspective or paranoid I guess. Overall a greater feeling of happiness during the trip.  I want to try it a few more times to confirm, but it was one of the best solo trips I have had in a while. A little like the MDMA fueled happiness but without the speedy feeling, and basically none off the "bad trip" symptoms that can come with psychedelic's. I felt more in control on that one, closer to a super strong edible or something at the lower dose I took, I am not sure how to describe it accurately other than a really good trip  :biggrin:

Excited to see what it does at a higher dose like coop took.

I suppose it depends what your looking for out of a trip, I did not have that crazy I need to get my life in order feeling at all, which sometimes a person might need. Sometimes though it feels overwhelming and a person simply wants to feel good in the moment not hours later. The mixture provides more of a well that was a fun party, life feels good with the Sherry mixture 

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 28 February 2022 - 10:15 AM.

• Coopdog, Juthro and YoshiTrainer like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!