• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 11:02 PM

In this video, Ryan Holiday distills the wisdom of the Stoics with an economy of language that people of every level of consciousness can appreciate.

Even if you don't watch the entire video, I'm sure this will serve as a refreshing reminder that life is oftentimes less complicated than we make it..

[Direct Link]

• coorsmikey likes this

#2 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,158 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 January 2022 - 02:22 PM

I had a moment in my kitchen high on 7 grams the other day and I was thinking about my attitude towards getting things done. How I invest time into thinking how something should be done, and then making a mental note to do it in the future. Rather than taking the few seconds or minutes to actually do the task. If it was finished then the thought would be finished and no need to set a reminder so to speak. Thinking about how those thoughts collect in your mind like dirty dishes, piling up and causing you stress you didn't even realize was there. Looking around my house at clutter and realizing what it truly is. Physical representations of unfinished thoughts, things not seen through to the end. Like that item you left by the door because you were meaning to take it with you. Then I realize its two months later and its still there.

There was moment where I picked this dish rag up and squeezed the soap out of it and it felt like a metaphor for how I need to treat my problems. Are you a man or a boy? You can squish away life's little worries by simply doing them and not overthinking them, simple as squeezing the soap out of a dish rag.

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 04 January 2022 - 02:23 PM.

• coorsmikey and Moonless like this

#3 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 436 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 03:01 PM

Yes but your ability to 'squish' lifes worries is directly proportional to your grip strength. 

#4 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,158 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 January 2022 - 03:30 PM

I had the revelation but working to maintain it is always the issue. The little boy always wants to put his two cents in. "do it later" "don't worry about it now"

Its why I am not a particularly big believer in all the help guru stuff, the Tony Robinson style motivation stuff. As soon as the motivator dies down so does the effect. Its why people hire personal trainers

• Moonless likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!