Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

What Rare seeds are you growing ,this years garden with?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 StrayDogWanders

StrayDogWanders

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 09:34 AM

Hello garden fans.

StrayDog says nice to meet you! I have enjoyed reading the gardening / growing forums. I enjoy the mix of different things that are grown here.

I am craving conversation during these winter months as I dream toward the spring time. What rare, or different, seeds are you growing in your garden this year? Why and where can I get some ? ❤️

Attached Thumbnails

• E772A8B0-B6A8-4569-BAB7-A8A3364BFCF0.jpeg

• Sidestreet, coorsmikey, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#2 StrayDogWanders

StrayDogWanders

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 10:13 AM

Purple tree collards
https://www.projectt...ard-cuttings-3/

They are out of a lot of stuff but I don’t think they are in the season for stock.

Grew these a while ago as well in large containers. Fun to grow. Tasty but did not keep up on watering and threw off the moisture content of the pitting soil. Never able to recover well and then the bugs took advantage. Good sunny deck / patio / porch for edible visual interest. This year I plan on putting in the garden and taking cuttings for the following years. Would not mind trying some from seeds. This and the moringa will be good for the future addition of chickens.7F4FFED4-9261-4579-9776-234C44FAFAA4.jpeg

❤️ StrayDog

Edited by StrayDogWanders, 18 January 2022 - 10:15 AM.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#3 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 961 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2022 - 09:25 PM

We are planning on growing some patty pan squash and garden beans. As far as rare plants, I've got an Aji Pineapple pepper plant growing in my grow tent that I will be planting outside as soon as it warms up.

• Mycol and StrayDogWanders like this

#4 StrayDogWanders

StrayDogWanders

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 January 2022 - 10:23 AM

We are planning on growing some patty pan squash and garden beans. As far as rare plants, I've got an Aji Pineapple pepper plant growing in my grow tent that I will be planting outside as soon as it warms up.

What is the AJI before the pineapple pepper? I have seen it before other pepper names as well

#5 Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

{{{{{{{ + }}}}}}}

• OG VIP
  • 1,108 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2022 - 12:07 PM

Baker Creek good folk!

• StrayDogWanders likes this

#6 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 961 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2022 - 12:14 PM

What is the AJI before the pineapple pepper? I have seen it before other pepper names as well

It just means chilli in Peru where the aji varieties come from.

• Mycol and StrayDogWanders like this

#7 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 439 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 08:56 PM

Currently in the process of trying to order a ton of medicinal seeds

Also sort of in the process of realizing my original garden vision might be too ambitious

But! Ashwagandha and Shatvari will definitely grow here and well- very drought tolerant plants, actually like it actually.

• Moonless and StrayDogWanders like this

#8 StrayDogWanders

StrayDogWanders

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 01:33 AM

I am adding a medicinal herb garden based on about 10 of the more common herbal remedy plants. Each one seems to be a companion to pretty much everything g else I have so double tap there !
  • Moonless likes this

#9 StrayDogWanders

StrayDogWanders

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 February 2022 - 01:39 PM

The beginning of my medicinal herb garden has arrived. 9EF70685-9444-4684-9DF0-E1C7C27F804A.jpeg
  • Skywatcher, Juthro and Moonless like this

#10 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,150 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2022 - 09:52 PM

Looks good StrayDog !

Thyme and Lemon Balm are two I use alot of. Rosemary and Sweet Bay are two I also use frequently, but not as often as the first two.

#11 StrayDogWanders

StrayDogWanders

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 07:12 AM

I use all 4 in culinary applications but never in tincture level medicine. I need to research rosemary and get a fearless ideas of some other herbs that help with cognition and memory. Stray Dog is an old dog and I fear his forgetfulness and a few other un-usuals may not be just from being a pothead
  • Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!