9 replies to this topic

#1 HrVanker

HrVanker

Doll Licker

• Free Member
  • 588 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2022 - 03:46 PM

So I have a small stash of seeds that I've collected from medical and recreational cannabis, and started one back in Nov. I don't have any lights, and as such this is an entirely no-expectations project. It was planted in Fox Farm, then transplanted to a gallon grow bag w/ coir (ran out of soil) and is being watered w/ FF nutes.

I have it with my cacti and other plants facing S, getting full sun from morning to 1pm at the latest. With the days being shorter than 12hrs I figured there would be a chance it would flower, the primary interference being a small led porch light I can't control.

I was beginning to think it may not flower, but today I noticed what might be some pre-flowers near the top node. Can anyone tell if that's what I'm seeing? Zoom in close on the node just below center, looks like a calyx and a hair...?

Oh, and the jumping spider that's been guarding this plant for me. 6fbe4e1ca67c0cc7aeb159c4a6025f2d.jpg70b7d0a62ccde199ca35bc20b07db293.jpg

Edited by HrVanker, 20 January 2022 - 04:25 PM.

• ElPirana likes this

#2 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2022 - 04:46 PM

It is hard to tell from the pic but I think that is a male. The place where you circled, the far node looks a lot like a male. Give it a few days/week and post another pic to be sure.
  • Myc and HrVanker like this

#3 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2022 - 05:05 PM

Give it a few days.

That looks like a male flower.

• HrVanker likes this

#4 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,349 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2022 - 08:07 PM

Is that a spider in that picture or am I too high?

• HrVanker likes this

#5 HrVanker

HrVanker

Doll Licker

• Free Member
  • 588 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2022 - 08:18 PM

Is that a spider in that picture or am I too high?

Yeah, it's been hanging out in this plant for a few weeks now!
  • FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#6 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,010 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 January 2022 - 12:35 PM

Spiders won't hurt anything; they are your friends in Nature (Predator).  I hate to say it, but it looks like a Male Naner forming where the node meets the stem (farthest Upper Node).  You are looking for two white V's, or a Mini banana bunch which is YANK time.  You will know soon, Male flowers pop before females show, usually a few weeks earlier.  I hope I'm wrong and it isn't definitive just YET.

MushL

• Myc likes this

#7 HrVanker

HrVanker

Doll Licker

• Free Member
  • 588 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:07 PM

Yeah. I see what looks like a single hair on the side of the node closet to the camera, and what looks like a small calyx forming on the opposite side (circled node). But the "hair" is green (dunno if they ripen to white), and I'm inexperienced w/ early sexing.

Hopefully it's female, but I'm not holding my breath at this point. Gonna have to try again after summer, assuming this is a male.

#8 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,453 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:35 PM

It's a male :(

• HrVanker likes this

#9 HrVanker

HrVanker

Doll Licker

• Free Member
  • 588 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 January 2022 - 02:56 PM

If I didn't have other things on which to spend my tax return, I would be investing in a grow setup... hmmm... do I really need a car?
  • MushLuvR likes this

#10 HrVanker

HrVanker

Doll Licker

• Free Member
  • 588 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2022 - 01:31 PM

Rather than start a new thread, I figured I'd update this one.

I recently turned one of my 4 closets (in a 1bd apartment lol) into a plant space. I got two different width racks from Amazon and Frankensteined them into a single unit, w/ 1ft Barrina T5 lights. It's intended for houseplants, and they seem to love it.

Now that summer is winding down, I want to try growing some bud again. The plan is to start them on this plant rack, and move them outside once the temps are low enough. I've started a bunch of seeds over the years, and I'm fairly certain that I can keep them nice and compact for the next 4-6wks.

The two pots in the rear are random bagseed (from good, possibly MMJ). And the front is a seed that I found in some Maryland MMJ, from the strain Guice.

P.S. The African Violets are looking sad after some Neem spray (thrips) and possibly some rust.5f7ee9a717606256b5f36f52c33eb012.jpg6da0e039a63dc47feaae2534ba09c8c3.jpg

Edited by HrVanker, 11 August 2022 - 01:35 PM.

• Skywatcher and MushLuvR like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!