Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,186 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 February 2022 - 05:22 PM

https://www.msn.com/...tTBd?li=BBnb7Kz

The DEA recently increased its quota for psilocybin for 2022, as well as for the legal production of psychedelic drugs such as MDMA and DMT, in response to heightened demand and interest within the scientific community to research the effectiveness of these psychedelic drugs in the treatment of mental health disorders.
The Petition To Reschedule Psilocybin
Now, a petition filed earlier this week by a Seattle doctor Sunil Aggarwal, who specializes in end-of-life care, is urging the agency to reschedule psilocybin as a less-restricted Schedule II drug, Marijuana Moment reported.

The document highlighted psilocybin's relatively low potential for abuse and "exceptional promise in relieving debilitating symptoms in those with intractable and otherwise untreatable illness," such as severe anxiety and depression.

"The original placement of psilocybin," the petition says, "was the result of a substantial overestimation of the risk of harm and abuse potential, not rigorous science."

Once/if the main psychoactive component of psychedelic mushrooms is rescheduled, federal barriers to psilocybin research would also be removed.

The document cites recent comments by Nora Volkow, director of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), which shed light the on bureaucratic challenges scientists face in terms of marijuana research in the U.S.

A Schedule I designation under the Controlled Substances Act "detracts researchers who want to investigate it because it's just much more cumbersome than doing studies with other substances," Volkow who is also a researcher, said earlier.

Cancer Patients Bid To Use Psilocybin Dismissed
In the meantime, Aggarwal's federal petition filed by his lawyers came on the heels of a rejection of a lawsuit by the doctor and cancer patients seeking access to psilocybin to help treat end-of-life depression and anxiety. On Monday, a three-judge panel of the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit dismissed the lawsuit on procedural grounds.

In a letter sent earlier, the DEA said that there was no way for Aggarwal's clinic, the Advanced Integrative Medical Sciences (AIMS) Institute, to dispense a synthetic form of the psilocybin under state and federal right-to-try (RTT) laws, leaving patients with no path forward, the lawyers argued.

• Sidestreet, Skywatcher, ElPirana and 3 others like this

#2 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,349 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2022 - 08:00 PM

Fucking eh rights, giving someone mushrooms when they are dealing with going out deaths door seems like a blessing we can afford the ill. 

• Sidestreet, Coopdog, Juthro and 2 others like this

#3 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,186 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2022 - 12:05 AM

Fucking eh rights, giving someone mushrooms when they are dealing with going out deaths door seems like a blessing we can afford the ill. 

Amen.  The couple of studies I've seen on this seemed to show that it has been quite beneficial to help relieve depression, and anxiety for people who know that their time is short on this plane.

At that point, I think it would be a crime not to do whatever you can to help people through that difficult time. 

• Sidestreet, Salty117, FLASHINGROOSTER and 1 other like this

#4 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,186 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2022 - 07:41 PM

Hazel Park decriminalizes magic mushrooms, psychedelic plants

HAZEL PARK, Mich. – City council passed a resolution on Tuesday that decriminalizes psychedelic plants and fungi, including magic mushrooms.

The decriminalization means the investigation of adults who plant, cultivate, purchase, transport, distribute or possess entheogenic plants is the lowest law enforcement priority for the City of Hazel Park.

City resources will not be used in any investigation, detention, arrest or prosecution arising out of alleged violations of state and federal law regarding the use of those plants. That does not rule out the potential for a state or federal investigation.

“We need to eliminate the stigma around entheogenic plants and acknowledge them for what they are – legitimate medicinal and therapeutic substances that have improved countless lives,” said Hazel Park City Councilmember Luke Londo, who introduced the resolution. “As a proponent and occasional consumer, it’s critical that we normalize these natural treatments that allow people to overcome addiction, improve their mental health and embrace their religion and spirituality.”

Hazel Park is the third city in Michigan to decriminalize entheogenic plants. Ann Arbor, Detroit and Washtenaw County have all decriminalized them.

“We are grateful for the Hazel Park City Council’s action tonight, and hope to see other cities and the entire state of Michigan follow suit,” said Shan Vicius, a psychedelic integration coach who runs the Decriminalize Nature Hazel Park chapter. “People like me who use entheogenic plants are your friends, your clients, your family and your neighbors. We deserve the ability to use these natural medicines that significantly improve our wellness and our lives.”

Decriminalize Nature Michigan is collecting signatures for a petition that would decriminalize entheogenics across the state for people 18 and older. The only state that has a similar policy is Oregon.

The resolution also calls upon Oakland County Prosecuting Attorney to stop prosecution of persons involved in the use of entheogenic plants.

• Sidestreet, Skywatcher, bezevo and 2 others like this

#5 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,349 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 March 2022 - 03:57 PM

Hey great news, way to go Hazel Park.

Decriminalization feels like the appropriate classification, legalization often comes with too much government and corporate baloney

• Juthro likes this

#6 RiseUp

RiseUp

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 03:18 PM

I think legalization would help. It may add taxes, but tripping balls legally, for me, would decrease my paranoia over my CIA neighbor.

• Sidestreet and Juthro like this

#7 torn2bits

torn2bits

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 888 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 07:53 PM

It's a little past insane to me.
Once multiple studies 5-7 years ago, study results on depression & multiple other "life" symptoms.....that mushrooms are a issue to administer....ToRn
  • Juthro likes this

#8 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,186 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2022 - 11:47 PM

Awful nice to see you Torn (or Tom, to those that new him in the past) :)

I hope you have been well, and that life has been kind, peace to you my friend.

Edited by Juthro, 31 March 2022 - 11:49 PM.

• torn2bits likes this

#9 torn2bits

torn2bits

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 888 posts

Posted 02 April 2022 - 06:06 PM

I sorta still wanna get ya bout that TOM....THING
.lmao
  • Juthro likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!