Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Anybody used tobacco (nicotiana rustica) in their sessions?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 deepblueseawhale

deepblueseawhale

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 12:53 PM

I'm wondering if anybody here ever used tobacco (Nicotiana Rustica) in his or her mushroom sessions and how was that like?

I've been reading some material on Maria Sabina and she used "San Pedro" in her ceremonies, which was a name given to lime mixed with tobacco. I have two experiences with the spirit of tobacco/mapacho but that was under the influence of ayahuasca. The use of mapacho combined with aqua the florida (floral water) was extremely powerful and it changed the nature of my confusing and frightening session into something much more clear and peaceful.

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,994 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2022 - 01:00 PM

I'm not sure if this fits or not but.....

I generally like to smoke a fine  cigar while tripping. It certainly changes the nature of the session - but I'm habituated to nicotine so it may not be the best method for everyone.

• deepblueseawhale and rockyfungus like this

#3 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

When we agree about our hallucinations we call that reality.

• VIP
  • 864 posts

Donator

Posted 15 February 2022 - 04:16 PM

Rapé is what it is called.
It is normally blown into the nostrils like yopo. It is meant to clarify the third eye.
The floral water just strait smells good. 
I don't use tobacco of any kind, so I can't give an explanation of the effects.

• deepblueseawhale and rockyfungus like this

#4 deepblueseawhale

deepblueseawhale

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 05:49 AM

Thanks guys for your input. I also found a similar thread and another one on DMT Nexus. Seems some people find the combination useful.

https://mycotopia.ne...ois-in-mapacho/

https://www.dmt-nexu...g=posts&t=68378

Edited by deepblueseawhale, 16 February 2022 - 06:52 AM.

#5 WelcomeUniversal

WelcomeUniversal

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2022 - 03:40 PM

it changed the nature of my confusing and frightening session into something much more clear and peaceful.

It works with mushrooms too. Another side is u can take tobacco too much, becouse u dont feel negative effects in trip.
  • deepblueseawhale likes this

#6 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 703 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2022 - 03:56 PM

I crave tobacco smoke intensely after eating mushrooms. I used to cave to the temptation occasionally (since the combination is incredible) but I find a deeper and more lasting satisfaction from avoiding tobacco altogether. There's actually good evidence that nicotine alone (not smoked tobacco) can have neuroprotective effects and other health benefits, so using it topically or chewing nicotine gum may work for some people. Personally, I avoid all nicotine products because they only make me crave tobacco smoke.

• Myc, deepblueseawhale, Moonless and 1 other like this

#7 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,347 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2022 - 03:50 PM

I fucking love nicotine. I try and justify the habit constantly. Nicotine is a wonder drug with a bad stigma. It's performance enhancing on so many levels. Fucking addictive and typically combined with horrible tobacco (which I love too). Pasteurized tobacco is super nice (Snus)

N. Rustica has made me shit and puke my guts out and I love nicotine (have a tolerance).
I used rapè for a few months to ween myself off ciggs. Fell in love with the meditative and painful experience, but ultimately I don't trust some cured and mixed random powders going up my nose.

Rape will sober you up temporarily during a trip. It’s like being stabbed in the brain. That inner dialogue or inner camera steps back and you're quickly put into a place of reflection/stillness. I'm not sure how if effects most people, but it's different then the typical tobacco dose.
Careful this shit will have you spinning, puking, shitting, and begging for mercy.

For me tobacco or nicotine will provide me with clarity and "give back" control during a rough trip.

At this point I’m over ciggs. Stuck on nicotine orally, by patch, and vape. I'm self-medicating hard with it.

Anyone else notice that not everyone is able to handle nicotine or some are almost more receptive to it. I've never gotten sick even when I started. Everyone around me would get sick. I just felt more "normal" with nicotine. Same with stimulants. Must be that ADHD.

https://clinicaltria...how/NCT00573248

I've quit so many times. I just lose some huge edge. It's a known anti-depressant, anti-anxiety, mentally and physically performance enhancing. I really feel it's an actual nootropic and maybe needs to be dosed in a different way

Edited by rockyfungus, 18 February 2022 - 04:15 PM.

• Myc and deepblueseawhale like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!