• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 529 posts

Posted 18 February 2022 - 12:11 AM

High all, I just got done reading through the "Honey extract Tek for Cubensis" thread that Golly wrote up and was wondering if anyone has any kind follow up experience/comments they would like to share. It sounds like something I'd like to try with my excess shrooms.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#2 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,189 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2022 - 04:29 AM

I am in love with Golly's honey tek.  It tastes great, is totally stealthy, and hits you in like 15 minutes.  It does take some attentive prep time, but it's easily worth it.

https://mycotopia.ne...ney-extract-20/

https://mycotopia.ne...k-for-cubensis/

https://mycotopia.ne...ealthier-honey/

https://mycotopia.ne...er-honey/page-2

Edited by Sidestreet, 18 February 2022 - 04:29 AM.

• Myc, Juthro, Microbe and 2 others like this

#3 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,801 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2022 - 09:49 AM

It is amazing, highly recommended!!!
  • Sidestreet and MushLuvR like this

#4 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 529 posts

Posted 18 February 2022 - 02:32 PM

I am in love with Golly's honey tek.  It tastes great, is totally stealthy, and hits you in like 15 minutes.  It does take some attentive prep time, but it's easily worth it.

https://mycotopia.ne...ney-extract-20/

https://mycotopia.ne...k-for-cubensis/

https://mycotopia.ne...er-honey/page-2

Thanks for the links, I'll get right to reading them.I had come across teks where you put powder in the honey but this is sooo much better. A couple months ago I picked up on an electric vacuum pump and chamber for resin soaking wood for knife scales, now I've got a new, some might say better, use for it. Now I gotta figure out a way to set it up... Maybe it will be in the links.

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 18 February 2022 - 02:37 PM.

• Sidestreet and MushLuvR like this

#5 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,150 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2022 - 03:24 PM

Absolutely powder to honey works, but for a few bucks you can make a really nice product.  That Golly's Honey is a Classic.  Nice throwback @Sidestreet.  Your thread has great pics and info as well.  

MushL

• Sidestreet likes this

#6 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 February 2022 - 11:10 PM

I've got a couple questions now that I've read through most of the tek. Is there a limit to how much you can reduce at any one time and what is the name for the flask he uses for the vacuum procedure? I've got a couple similar flasks but neither has the port for the vacuum tube. The rest of that vacuum setup is pretty easy to figure out. Ahhh, never mind, erlenmeyer vacuum flask. Now I need the name of that specialty funnel/tank on top of it. Tanks all!

Edit

Never mind about the funnel, got it figured out too.

Edited by FunnyFarmer, 20 February 2022 - 11:18 PM.

#7 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,801 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2022 - 10:11 AM

You can reduce it pretty far, to a "tootsie roll" texture, just make sure to reduce the heat.
  • MushLuvR likes this

#8 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 2,675 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2022 - 10:51 AM

Check out this one too

https://mycotopia.ne...fungi-in-honey/
  • TVCasualty and MushLuvR like this

#9 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,092 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2022 - 11:08 AM

Stealth is relative; if they don't know what the hell it is, they don't know what the hell it is!

• Sidestreet, jkdeth and MushLuvR like this

#10 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 07:43 PM

I think I'll stick with Golly's recipe, doesn't look so gnarly (no offense TV but it reminds me of cat barf), but the spices sounds like a damn good addition, just gotta figure out when to add them. Probably when mixing the shroom reduction with the honey while both are warm. I've never made gummies so I'm wondering if it's possible to... Now I've got a couple more toys to add to the purchase list so I can make that spicy honey.

• TVCasualty likes this

#11 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,092 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2022 - 01:16 PM

I think I'll stick with Golly's recipe, doesn't look so gnarly (no offense TV but it reminds me of cat barf), but the spices sounds like a damn good addition, just gotta figure out when to add them. Probably when mixing the shroom reduction with the honey while both are warm. I've never made gummies so I'm wondering if it's possible to... Now I've got a couple more toys to add to the purchase list so I can make that spicy honey.

It wasn't made to look pretty, but at least it smells really nice thanks to the spices.

And people still enjoy stuff like Nutella even though it looks like ...well, you know.

Edited by TVCasualty, 24 February 2022 - 01:16 PM.

• MushLuvR likes this

#12 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 February 2022 - 11:46 PM

And people still enjoy stuff like Nutella even though it looks like ...well, you know.

You gotta point there... and I'm one of them, but only when I'm in Amish country. I think it's the green chunks that throw me off. When I younger, make that much younger we'd occasionally eat our food under black light. That got old real fast.

• TVCasualty likes this

#13 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 529 posts

Posted 31 March 2022 - 11:51 PM

Now that I've got a good stash of PR's I'm closer to going ahead with the Honey Tek and have a what if question. Is there any benefit to putting the water soaked shrooms into the freezer for a few hours before going through the reduction cycle? From what I understand it ruptures the cell walls aiding in the extraction of the pscilly, might it recoup some of the 20% loss in the process?

#14 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,092 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2022 - 08:35 AM

You gotta point there... and I'm one of them, but only when I'm in Amish country. I think it's the green chunks that throw me off. When I younger, make that much younger we'd occasionally eat our food under black light. That got old real fast.

I hope my initial impression from reading that paragraph was wrong and that Nutella found in Amish country does not actually have green chunks in it!

:ph34r:

#15 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,092 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2022 - 08:42 AM

Now that I've got a good stash of PR's I'm closer to going ahead with the Honey Tek and have a what if question. Is there any benefit to putting the water soaked shrooms into the freezer for a few hours before going through the reduction cycle? From what I understand it ruptures the cell walls aiding in the extraction of the pscilly, might it recoup some of the 20% loss in the process?

That would be interesting and useful to know.

I suspect that it would require testing lots of samples in a lab. Now that fungi are all but legal in a few places we should finally be getting some answers soon to that and other long-standing questions we've had about growing magic mushrooms (like supplementing subs with fancy additives to maximize potency; does that actually work?).

• MushLuvR likes this

#16 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,801 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2022 - 03:36 PM

If you are using dried mush, you can rupture the cells all you want before the initial boil. Use a food processor on the dried mush. Keep in mind, too small is a PITA to filter. Also, be sure to filter as much as you want, BEFORE reducing your liquid.

You can use fresh mush too. Take scissors and cut small chunks directly into the acidulated water. If needed, use a potato masher to beak up the chunks further. You might be able to pulse fresh in a food processor but make sure to use some acidulated water to help against oxidation.

Be careful licking spoons or fingers until you are done. :)
  • MushLuvR likes this

#17 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 06:14 PM

I hope my initial impression from reading that paragraph was wrong and that Nutella found in Amish country does not actually have green chunks in it!

:ph34r:

Ahhh, no, they don't have green chunks unless the peanut butter they use is chunky...

If you are using dried mush, you can rupture the cells all you want before the initial boil. Use a food processor on the dried mush. Keep in mind, too small is a PITA to filter. Also, be sure to filter as much as you want, BEFORE reducing your liquid.

You can use fresh mush too. Take scissors and cut small chunks directly into the acidulated water. If needed, use a potato masher to beak up the chunks further. You might be able to pulse fresh in a food processor but make sure to use some acidulated water to help against oxidation.

Be careful licking spoons or fingers until you are done. :)

I'm not gonna powder them, I read enough to avoid doing that. What I was thinking was after the dry shrooms are put into water and soaked for a bit put them in the freezer for a few hours, similar to what you would do with MHRB powder when it's being processed for DMT extraction. What I don't know is if the dry shrooms would turn to mush when put in the freezer like fresh shrooms do. At that point you may run into the same filtration problem as you do when using powdered shrooms from the get go.

I came across that admonition about not licking the spoons etc, no guarantee I wouldn't forget myself and... oops, too late.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#18 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 9,189 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 April 2022 - 06:06 AM

That's an interesting idea, to try to freeze them first.  You could do a subjective sort of test to see whether it works: take your mushrooms, grind them, mix them into one uniform pile.  Then split that into two piles of equal weight.  Make some with freezing, some without freezing, and then eat an equal amount of honey from each batch, waiting several days before eating the second dose.

• fahtster, YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

#19 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 April 2022 - 08:35 PM

I like that idea too Sidestreet. I started harvesting the second flush from the PR today so I'm thinking about waiting for another 400g harvest from that one before starting the process. I'll take your advice and make two 40 g batches. The first harvest netted 43g dry and if the second flush goes normally it should exceed the first flush. I should know in a couple days.

#20 FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 01:03 AM

That would be interesting and useful to know.

I suspect that it would require testing lots of samples in a lab. Now that fungi are all but legal in a few places we should finally be getting some answers soon to that and other long-standing questions we've had about growing magic mushrooms (like supplementing subs with fancy additives to maximize potency; does that actually work?).

I found this older thread in the DMT-Nexus forum about putting additives in the sub including adding MHRB powder. It did little to the potency. Unfortunately there are no up to date posts there. https://www.dmt-nexu...g=posts&t=92847

• TVCasualty likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!