2 replies to this topic

#1 Ferretious

Ferretious

Mycelium or your's?

• Free Member
  • 785 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2022 - 03:18 AM

It's been one week now since having 833mg of San Pedro extracted alkaloids as the HCL. There was no fasting the day before but I abstained from taking my nightly dose of 45mg Mirtazapine; There will be plenty of serotonergic activity tomorrow. This is, however, the first time I planned out the experience. Having read Michael Pollan's book, "How to Change Your Mind"; About the therapeutic properties of psychedelics, I thought I'd replicate, as close as possible, his set and setting (No sitter though). 

The two capsules were taken at 0630. 40 minutes later a definite body load ensued. this persisted at the same level for the next hour, no more, no less. Apprehension and nerves started to get the better of me as I started to think that this was as good as it would get! "Good mescaline comes on slow", I kept telling myself. At around the 1h 40min mark there was an increase in the body load. It was at this time that I stood up from my recliner and experienced abominable leg pains! Like cramp, but without the actual cramping. I walked around and shook it off and it was gone within minutes (This came back later, but not as severe). 

By the 1h 55min marked the definite feelings of the magic really started! Pottered around the house, cleaned the bench down, sundry little chores completed and the like. 0745. Time to isolate! Therapeutic settings are thus; A quiet room, darkened yet still with eye shades, a comfortable reclination and music with a sitter. I met all this criteria except the last.

Music. I had two pieces/sets in mind: Bach's violin partitas and sonatas and/or Max Richter's "Sleep". I went with "Sleep".

This piece of music, all 8h 24min, is ideal for the experience! Let me point out at this stage that there is plenty of classical music I love!

I became one with the music. Totally absorbed! Particularly with the cello movements. This music is minimalist and trance like (designed to sleep to, after all).

The Gentle One. Unlike the tryptamines, mescaline does not demand more than you can give. This trip was moderate to strong yet I feel the only way you could have a bum trip on mescaline would be by having too much. I've had two bum trips, one on mushrooms and the other LSD; Horrible!

Extraordinary closed eye visuals, yet not stark. Bejewelled, colourful, fantastical organic creatures continually morphing into the next! Everything with a curved, organic design; in direct contrast to the harsh kaleidoscopic aspect of tryptamines.

I had to have a couple of breaks as things started to get physically uncomfortable. Aside from some dark, morbid thoughts (Nothing near unmanageable, just contemplation on existence and it's net result; Death) It was at his stage I realised a minor epiphany; Do you know why the Buddhists say life is suffering? It's because we spend our whole lives trying to get comfortable.

I managed to listen to the whole 8h 24mins of "Sleep". Towards the end it became an austerity. I'd come this far, so I will see it out! Beautiful! It really was!

Next day; Somewhat tired, but introspective; I need to get my shit sorted, take stock of things. A week later and it's still like a new lease on life! Getting into cleaning up the yard, for example, has given me immeasurable satisfaction! 

The Gentle One

• Sidestreet, phlegmbae, Coopdog and 6 others like this

#2 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,445 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2022 - 10:26 PM

I have found mescaline to by far the friendliest and most beautiful trips yet. I have done some huge doses, and it was never even close to too much, maybe too long, but not too much. Someone gifted me two San Pedro cuttings, one a foot long and nice and fat the other a little longer. He said it was an especially good plant and was much more potent than most. I cut about 5 inches off of one and later planted it, and the cactus is still growing and going well. 

I had read that two feet was a good beginner dose and I had a bit less than that. I ended up with a literally mind blower of a trip that was still sparkling 30 hours later. Never really heard of anyone tripping that long from cactus, and have yet to replicate even close to that. Even when I took 1.25 grams of good clean extracted HCL, I didn't have near the trip I did on that cutting. So far it is the only one that has ever flowered for me as well. It's plenty big enough to take about 3 feet off of right now, and my soul is calling me to do that but the purge is daunting to me more than it used to be since I got neck surgery. I know it won't hurt me but that is what has been holding me back. 

So glad your experience was a beautiful one. Thank you so much for sharing it here. 

• phlegmbae, Ferretious and beadyeyes like this

#3 Ferretious

Ferretious

Mycelium or your's?

• Free Member
  • 785 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 May 2022 - 03:46 PM

I have found mescaline to by far the friendliest and most beautiful trips yet. I have done some huge doses, and it was never even close to too much, maybe too long, but not too much. Someone gifted me two San Pedro cuttings, one a foot long and nice and fat the other a little longer. He said it was an especially good plant and was much more potent than most. I cut about 5 inches off of one and later planted it, and the cactus is still growing and going well. 

I had read that two feet was a good beginner dose and I had a bit less than that. I ended up with a literally mind blower of a trip that was still sparkling 30 hours later. Never really heard of anyone tripping that long from cactus, and have yet to replicate even close to that. Even when I took 1.25 grams of good clean extracted HCL, I didn't have near the trip I did on that cutting. So far it is the only one that has ever flowered for me as well. It's plenty big enough to take about 3 feet off of right now, and my soul is calling me to do that but the purge is daunting to me more than it used to be since I got neck surgery. I know it won't hurt me but that is what has been holding me back. 

So glad your experience was a beautiful one. Thank you so much for sharing it here. 

Thank you Coopdog! The purge and the taste are what put me off, but at least there's very little loss!

Thank you Coopdog! The purge and the taste are what put me off, but at least there's very little loss!

Edited by Ferretious, 18 May 2022 - 03:49 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!