• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FlashyFrank

FlashyFrank

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2022 - 04:07 PM

Hi, I have been making DMT using the Q21Q21 Tek 2: The Fluffy White Funfest and I have always had great results.

Recently I was gifted a product that was not finished. The story goes a friend of a friend was trying to make DMT and then had to quit halfway through and so I was gifted the half completed product.

Whatever Tek they used I am not certain but I am pretty sure they didn't use naptha, xylene, heptane or any kind of solvent I know of. The product was stored in large glass bottles and the smell of the solvent is terrible. I tried to use some of the solvent to cook some new bark and the smell of it in the house was so bad I couldn't barely breath. Way worse than naptha or heptane.

Does anyone know of what kind of Tek they may have been using or any tips on trying to finish the process? .

Because I am unsure of the solvent or process that has been done my first thought is to evaporate all the solvent and start over with whatever remains. I did try to remove done of the upper later of solvent and then put it in the freezer to see if there are crystals in there but nothing too obvious.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Attached Thumbnails

• PXL_20220423_194753187.MP.jpg
  • PXL_20220423_194801284.MP.jpg
  • PXL_20220423_194804795.MP.jpg

Edited by FlashyFrank, 26 April 2022 - 04:17 PM.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,185 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2022 - 07:36 PM

I would start with checking the PH of the bottom layer to see how far along they got in the original process. If it  is acidic then they have may only been defatting, thus why there is nothing valuable in the solvent. I would be more concerned about the volumes that your posting pics of though really, to me it seems as if LEO is asking questions than if someone is needing help saving a a run. You might get some of the big fish chiming in more if you didn't share the volume you're working with.

• jrh and MushLuvR like this

#3 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,481 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2022 - 04:53 PM

As mentioned above, check the PH of bottom layer first. That will tell us one part of the story, and what to do next.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!