• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stroker

Stroker

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 10:38 AM

Been a few years since I grew any shrooms. Been growing smoke! Lol. Anyways I have some prints laying around. Can I just pc some syringes, and shoot a few drops of spores straight to grain?

#2 BirdsArentReal

BirdsArentReal

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 May 2022 - 02:13 PM

Yes, I have a post about this still on the front page LOL

In short, it takes a bit longer to colonize generally but as long as your PCing goes as planned it should work just fine. Besides using the PF tek a few times Ive only ever done spores to grain.

#3 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,651 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 May 2022 - 02:01 PM

Been a few years since I grew any shrooms. Been growing smoke! Lol. Anyways I have some prints laying around. Can I just pc some syringes, and shoot a few drops of spores straight to grain?

As long as you don't pc the spores lol. When i worked with spores, i would sterilize a small stainless condiment cup with aluminum foil as a lid, a jar of water with a SHIP and filter lid on it. After the water cooled, i would fill the syringe water and cap the needle before setting it aside. Next i peeled the foil back slightly off the stainless cup and scraped some spores into it. I immediately closed the foil back up then proceeded to sterilize my needle and foil lid. I would poke through the foil and inject the water into the cup. Stir it around several seconds then aspirate back into the syringe. Old spores, i always let rehydrate for a few days.
  • Arathu, MicroMycoMan, ElPirana and 1 other like this

#4 Stroker

Stroker

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 08:32 PM

Thanks going to get everything out this weekend!
  • TVCasualty likes this

#5 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,049 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2022 - 03:42 PM

I haven't tried it but it seems to me that adding some brown rice flour to a whole grain jar (just a little) before PC'ing it might help speed things along quite a bit when using spores to inoculate grain directly.

• BirdsArentReal and MushLuvR like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!