• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dantisocial

dantisocial

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 08:58 PM

By way of introduction, I am new to posting, but have been lurking and gleaning invaluable information for a while. I have done some gourmet growing (and learned some baseline mycology fundamentals to get there), and now have growing interest in medicinal species. I binge read the myceliated grain thread and decided that I wanted more interaction than I could get by just lurking. Excited to officially join the fray.

• Myc and coorsmikey like this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,060 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 May 2022 - 09:57 AM

Welcome!  Two more posts and you're a Free Member.

#3 torn2bits

torn2bits

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 888 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 10:46 AM

Welcome dantisocial..
We welcome your knowledge of edibles fungi & would love for you to contribute to the forum.
Have a blessed day...
~ ToRn

#4 dantisocial

dantisocial

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2022 - 08:44 PM

Anyone have any experience with freeze-drying active species? Seems like it would prevent oxidation during the process. 

#5 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 8,060 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2022 - 09:52 AM

Anyone have any experience with freeze-drying active species? Seems like it would prevent oxidation during the process. 

I don't recall ever seeing the idea mentioned and I certainly don't recall anyone experimenting.

Might be worth trying just to see how it goes.

• dantisocial likes this

#6 Nichrome

Nichrome

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 May 2022 - 11:43 PM

I've seen freeze dried mushrooms. They were plenty strong but they crumble into bits if you breathe on them or look at them too hard and they tend to really want to grab on to moisture from the air if they are exposed, more so than regular dehydrated mush. Maybe think of them as fine tuned. I think it would be an absolutely wonderful way to make prep powder for micros.

• Coopdog and dantisocial like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!