8 replies to this topic

#1 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,194 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 May 2022 - 04:30 PM

I hope to add more to this thread, and encourage others to add as well......

Sound and vibration are some of the best tools for enhancement and amplification of meditation states, as they help to maintain focus and prolong the deep relaxation of the body and mind.

Percussion instruments have a long history of use in meditation and trance.

I have long been a fan of the music of large gongs. Singing bowls I include in that category as well.

There are also quite a few musical compositions that enhance deep state meditation.

I also have had very good results by focusing on water sounds of all sort. I use my waterfall regularly to help me get to the deep relaxation state I need for self maintenance.

This recording I have much enjoyed, and thought I would share it for others here that may find it enjoyable as well.

[Direct Link]

Edited by Skywatcher, 17 May 2022 - 09:40 PM.

• Arathu, ElPirana and YoshiTrainer like this

#2 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 May 2022 - 05:49 PM

A thread dedicated to some of my own current favorite methods....excellent! I use many of the different meditation sound "videos" on a regular basis in fact....

With a damaged left ear and tinnitus a set of headphones and some bubbling water-scape, waterfalls, tinnitus sound therapy, deep breathing and Wim Hof exercises, many others too I find extremely deep states of meditation and use them in combinations with one another. A favorite is technique I like is opening two browser tabs with compatible sounds to mix together by playing them both at the same time. You can use your mixer software and set levels, tones, and etc.....but the YT volume controls are usually all you need.

Great thread Skye! Very effective and soothing. I find the the deep breathing exercises especially with emptied lung holds to allow exceptionally deep meditative states to be reached.....many times I simply forget my name.....no drugs at all in fact.

Powerful magic can also be worked and I travel to my inner temple regularly this way......

• Skywatcher, ElPirana and YoshiTrainer like this

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,194 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 May 2022 - 09:47 PM

There are a whole series of planetary gongs in varied diameters. I am finding the larger circumference have deeper resonation that I personally find more conducive to deeper states.

This is a pretty large 62"diameter Earth Gong recording I enjoyed.

[Direct Link]

Edited by Skywatcher, 18 May 2022 - 09:49 PM.

• Arathu and ElPirana like this

#4 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2022 - 03:55 AM

[Direct Link]

I don't know that I can agree with the titles of many of these stating some specific purpose other than advertising or self promotion....

What I do know is that I just finished morning stretching and meditation to this track......

It's as much the subject as it is the object as it becomes the detached observer that simply...

IS

Peace

... :meditate: ...

A

• Skywatcher and ElPirana like this

#5 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2022 - 04:12 AM

[Direct Link]

See and hear.....do and become....tone...intone

VIBRATE

OBSERVE

BE

IMHO we are consciously touching the methods of creation itself....be careful what you vibrate and intend...it's not just a private passing thought...

A

Edited by Arathu, 19 May 2022 - 04:23 AM.

#6 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,194 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 May 2022 - 09:00 AM

That was a fantastic visual of tonal vibrational variance Arathu.

Thank you for sharing that.

(I would believe the flower of life is also a vibrational pattern. The implications are awesome)

• Arathu likes this

#7 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2022 - 04:20 AM

If you have tinnitus try mixing these two at various levels through headphones/ear buds....

If nothing else, especially if it really bugs you, it can act effectively as masking...

[Direct Link]

It's worth a try....

I saw runes in my morning meditation....and a female face that was somehow not quite human....

A

#8 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 May 2022 - 05:05 AM

This is another I love mixing with one of the "scrubber" streams......

And then I read...or tie trout fly's....or ????

Look out/in through the third eye....

I'm going to have pump these through my surround system with the sub-woofer.....and perhaps eat some shrooms...

A

#9 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,152 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 May 2022 - 11:09 AM

Skye and Arathu, you both have been a big inspiration for me. I’m thankful for the guidance I get from both of you.

Arathu, I listened to the deep focus music video last night after taking 6.5 grams, it definitely had an influence on the trip. The cool thing is halfway through the trip I got up and started doing Thai Chi, along with a lot of other movements, feeling the sensations and muscles, opening my chest and breathing fully, and feeling the calm afterwards. It felt incredible, this was the first time I felt so connected like this. For almost two months I’ve been working out in my living room, exercising regularly for the first time in probably 15-20 years (I cant believe it’s been so long!) and last night showed me what’s possible. Man I feel so good today!
  • Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!