Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Question about colonizing spawn in mushroom grow bags.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 03:40 PM

Hello, this is the first time that I am using 1LB mushroom grow bags. Should I shake the grow bag when its about 80-90% colonized? or should I let it colonize without shaking the colonized substrate , then transfer the colonized spawn to 50/50 coir-verm. Thank You in advance.

#2 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2022 - 07:00 PM

You will see all kinds of answers to this question....I, generally speaking, shake my spawn at about 50% colonized regardless of container (bag/jar/container/etc)......

That being said, a vigorous and healthy fungus will recover from such an event with even more vigor.....else the culture is suspect IME....

Hope that helps....you don't "have" to shake spawn but it doesn't hurt (uncovers bacterial and contamination issues earlier too IME) and in many cases speeds up colonization (not always though)

A

Edited by Arathu, 30 May 2022 - 07:57 PM.

• Myc, coorsmikey, bezevo and 4 others like this

#3 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 09:03 PM

You will see all kinds of answers to this question....I, generally speaking, shake my spawn at about 50% colonized regardless of container (bag/jar/container/etc)......

That being said, a vigorous and healthy fungus will recover from such an event with even more vigor.....else the culture is suspect IME....

Hope that helps....you don't "have" to shake spawn but it doesn't hurt (uncovers bacterial and contamination issues earlier too IME) and in many cases speeds up colonization (not always though)

A

Thank You. I appreciate the advice.

• Arathu likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!