• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PerseidTraveler

PerseidTraveler

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 08:08 AM

Hey folks, I went to take the plastic off this tub last night, and I see these little Lion's Mane looking things popping up all over the surface of my sub. I spent like three hours last night trying to ID this, no dice. Do any of you awesome people have any idea what these white cauliflower looking things are?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20220602_152847.jpg
  • 20220602_152835.jpg

• MushLuvR likes this

#2 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 954 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2022 - 04:53 PM

What strain are you trying to grow?  it almost looks like overlay or blobs, or both.  Hard to tell with the photos provided.  Give it some time, if it's a contamination, it will take over Quickly.  How long has it been colonizing?  

MushL 

• PerseidTraveler likes this

#3 PerseidTraveler

PerseidTraveler

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 09:52 PM

Hey Mush, it's a PE...pretty much just plain ol PE not like APE or #6 or anything like that. It has been colonizing for about 14 days. I have another strain from the same MSS that I cased and has fruited like a champ, I purposely didn't case this one to see if there was a difference. The little cauliflower looking things had been on there for 4 or 5 days before removing the plastic and placing into fruiting conditions, they've just gotten more pronounced since.
  • MushLuvR likes this

#4 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 June 2022 - 04:40 AM

Man I would suspect that's the PE itself before saying it's contaminated, judging by what you're showing in the pictures....I'd say isolate and observe.....

A

• PerseidTraveler and MushLuvR like this

#5 PerseidTraveler

PerseidTraveler

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 08:50 AM

I'd say isolate and observe.....

A

Will do! I've been curious to see what the blobs were all about, maybe I'll get to find out!
  • Arathu and MushLuvR like this

#6 stmhunter

stmhunter

stxsp

• Free Member
  • 724 posts

Posted 06 June 2022 - 02:23 PM

Looks like the PESA I grow.b3.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!