Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Can anyone tell me how these grow bags look at this stage?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 10:45 PM

Can anyone please tell me how these grow bags look at this stage and what stage they are in? Do they look ready to spawn with 50/50 coir-verm? Thank You

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg

• MushLuvR likes this

#2 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 954 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2022 - 09:37 AM

Really tough to tell without a closer macro shot, but can you see any Knot dots or maybe a Pin somewhere?  I do see mycelium metabolites, but that's not uncommon for bags, Edible bags with a .2 micron filter will do some crazy metabolites that will freak you out if your not aware it's what they do.  I don't see any immediate problems, how long have they been colonizing.  If it's not ready, it's really close.  All the Best.... of Luck.

MushL

• wilspeak likes this

#3 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 284 posts

Posted 08 June 2022 - 10:55 AM

Really tough to tell without a closer macro shot, but can you see any Knot dots or maybe a Pin somewhere?  I do see mycelium metabolites, but that's not uncommon for bags, Edible bags with a .2 micron filter will do some crazy metabolites that will freak you out if your not aware it's what they do.  I don't see any immediate problems, how long have they been colonizing.  If it's not ready, it's really close.  All the Best.... of Luck.

MushL

Hello MushLuvR,   I inoculated the bags at the end of April and I re-mixed and shook the bags last week.... I was worried about contimination. Should I open the bags to fruit or frut in the sealed bag? Thank You

• MushLuvR likes this

#4 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 954 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 June 2022 - 04:49 PM

Those bags look pretty solid to fruit out, how are you going to finish the bags.  

MushL

Edited by MushLuvR, 09 June 2022 - 04:49 PM.

• wilspeak likes this

#5 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 June 2022 - 07:07 PM

They do look pretty good....what species is this? 

A

• wilspeak and MushLuvR like this

#6 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 12:20 AM

Those bags look pretty solid to fruit out, how are you going to finish the bags.  

MushL

Hello MushLuvR,  I am going to place them in containers with 50/50 coir-verm mix. How would You finish the bags?

Edited by wilspeak, 10 June 2022 - 12:22 AM.

• MushLuvR likes this

#7 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 June 2022 - 12:22 AM

They do look pretty good....what species is this? 

A

Hello Arathu, the species is Penus Envy 

• MushLuvR likes this

#8 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2022 - 03:48 AM

Cubensis it is.....

Oh wow, so that's a spawn run you're going to bulk with.....does it smell nice a mushroomy?

I can't tell from the pictures what is the PE spawn made from? Is that grain? I think I see a lot of metabolites.....

A

Edited by Arathu, 10 June 2022 - 03:50 AM.

• wilspeak, YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

#9 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 954 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2022 - 01:56 PM

Coir/Verm is perfect, I just meant how are you going to fruit them is all.  12 - 16qt tubs are nice to work with.  You will know when you open those bags if it's clean or not, PE will stink up a room LIKE No other with that musky funky shroom smell. What are those bags made of anyway?

MushL

• bezevo and wilspeak like this

#10 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 12:23 AM

Cubensis it is.....

Oh wow, so that's a spawn run you're going to bulk with.....does it smell nice a mushroomy?

I can't tell from the pictures what is the PE spawn made from? Is that grain? I think I see a lot of metabolites.....

Hello Arathu, the bags are sealed now and I have not opened them yet so I have not smelled them yet. I hope that the bags are not contiminated. If they are contiminated I hope that they can still be spawned to produce at least 1 crop of mushrooms. The PE spawn is made of rye seeds and cow manure. What are metabolites and what do they mean?

#11 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 June 2022 - 12:34 AM

Coir/Verm is perfect, I just meant how are you going to fruit them is all.  12 - 16qt tubs are nice to work with.  You will know when you open those bags if it's clean or not, PE will stink up a room LIKE No other with that musky funky shroom smell. What are those bags made of anyway?

MushL

Hello MushLuvR, the bags are a mix of Cow manure and Rye seeds. I didnt make the bags I ordered them from GCK mushrooms. I have a question... I was going to place the spawn in a coir/verm sandwich placed in a 1 quart containers  placed in a 16 qt tub with some perlite. Is that a good way to do the spawn to fruit?   Is there a better way ? or a different way?  Thank You

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!