Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

How and when do I uncover spawn tubs and mist the tub.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 01:56 AM

How and when do I uncover spawn tubs and mist the tub of (50/50 coir-verm-colonized substrate). How do I protect the tubs against contimation? Should I leave the tub covered for about a month before I mist and check for colonization? Thank You

Attached Thumbnails

• wssh.jpg

• Arathu likes this

#2 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2022 - 02:35 PM

Try to peek through the sides with a light and see if the mycelium has reached through the surface of the substrate....If that was mine I'd say don't take the foil off for at least one week minimum....probably longer...

I can't see how you've constructed the substrate in the tub.....once that is fully colonized put into a larger tub and take the foil off......then the misting and fanning begin IMHO....

A

• bezevo, wilspeak and MushLuvR like this

#3 wilspeak

wilspeak

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 June 2022 - 12:22 AM

Try to peek through the sides with a light and see if the mycelium has reached through the surface of the substrate....If that was mine I'd say don't take the foil off for at least one week minimum....probably longer...

I can't see how you've constructed the substrate in the tub.....once that is fully colonized put into a larger tub and take the foil off......then the misting and fanning begin IMHO....

Thank You

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!