4 replies to this topic

#1 Spuco64

Spuco64

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 05:37 PM

What's up everyone,

It was suggested that I search the vault while I wait for full privilege.  There is a wealth of info in there.  I am in the process of putting my room together.  I broke the space up into two section 8'X8'X7' One for fruiting/flowering & the other for everything else.  I picked up a clean air box.  I plan on inoculating some agers this weekend.  I have 6 grow bags ready for fruiting.  I am working with the Max Yield Bins.  I don't' know if its been done, but I plan on fruiting 3 different species in one mono tup with plex glass dividers.  The spawn bags are 1 pound bags  the mono tub can hold 5 pound easy, Plus my substrate Makes three pounds.  If this can pose a problem please give me a heads up.  Back to the room build.

It is going to be fully auto matted.  Air Purifier / Humidifier / Heater / LED lighting / Fresh air intake.  The room is basically going to be one   448 cubic FOOT mono tub. all steel racks, going to be nice.  Will post some photos soon.

When i read back through what I wrote to check for spelling and grammar and realize that I am all over the place, lol.  I will have it soughed out soon, lol.

Have a good night all

Stephen :biggrin:

• Skywatcher and YoshiTrainer like this

#2 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,665 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2022 - 08:38 PM

Wow Stephen, that sounds like an incredible project! Please post pics when you can.

Good luck!

#3 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 June 2022 - 09:55 PM

Sounds Coo;!

I might suggest you   think how can you separate your grain prep areas from your sterile prep transfer/inoculation areas .
Dry grains/ poop /straw .....there dust spread lots of contaminants .Ack Ack !.....just suggestion  .
or perhaps you already got that covered

I MOVED all mycology OUT of the Kitchen to the basement .To Appease THE PANTs  for better Domestic harmony.
Seems any cooking grain or poo is very offensive ha ha ? . i have corner of basement for grain work . prepping /washing pasteurizing subs/poop/straw/grain  whatever and filling sterilizing jars .i have jumbo electric roasters for pasteurization and commercial electric hotplates to heat up my AA PC'
i toss a half stick of cinnamon in water bath in bottom of roasters and PC's to make a nice Were Baking Cookies smell huh huh .
 Then i have used an old basement bedroom/storeroom in far corner as my clean
i striped out carpet curtains ect painted ceiling and floor to seal it up and have to big hepa air cleaners and a small laminare and  my  Clean Air Box made from big thrifty tote .just brief idea

Note sure if that helps me ...but just seemed like good idea . to keep dry grain/poo/straw ect  prep ect away from clean room .

AND.........WELCOME !
TO MYCOTOPIA !

Edited by bezevo, 18 June 2022 - 12:07 AM.

#4 Spuco64

Spuco64

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 11:13 PM

Thank you
I take every suggestion. I am working on a separate clean space outside the two rooms. I picked up a air purifier twice over kill for the space I have. I am hoping it will clean the air somewhat. I too am in a basement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#5 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2022 - 12:08 AM

Very good your on it ! :mellow:

• Spuco64 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!