8 replies to this topic

#1 Spuco64

Spuco64

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2022 - 07:46 AM

Good morning everyone,
Has anybody out there ever hearing that certain antidepressants can block the effects of shrooms?
My brother Inlaw had given me an 1/8. I started with a gram and nothing. Added another and nothing. Needless to say I went through the entire 1/8 in three hr and nothing.
The following week got from someone different and the same shit. Did some research and found out the there are certain antidepressants can block the effects.
I have been off the antidepressants for a week now. Going to give it till I get my grow up and going. That should give me plenty of time to clean out. I will keep you guys posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Skywatcher likes this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,190 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2022 - 08:55 AM

There are actually quite a few antidepressant medications that have a negative effect on psychedelics. I would even venture to say its true for most of them.

They have different residual time frames for how long they stay in your system after the last dose. Most are pretty well gone after 2 weeks, assuming you drink a lot of water or tea.

Not all of these drugs are prescribed for depression. One example is Trazadone which is commonly given as a sleeping medication. That particular med will halt the effects of any psychedelic cold.

Good vibes to you for success in your venture. Just be aware of shifts in your mental state while abstaining. Some meds can be dangerous to just halt without reducing first. Without knowing any specifics of what and why you are currently taking, I would just say be aware of how you feel, and keep any other "tools" you may know in mind.

• Uncle G, ElPirana, Moonless and 1 other like this

#3 Straight2He11

Straight2He11

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2022 - 09:36 PM

Crazy that you didn't get anything after an eighth!

I have noticed a major reduction of effects while I was taking fluoxetine. For this reason I stopped taking it and switched to bupropion because it does not mess with serotonin.

This reddit post may be of interest to you. https://www.reddit.c...eraction_chart/

#4 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 964 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 June 2022 - 01:15 PM

Sorry to hear you didn't get a good trip from your supply Spuco64. Like Skye said it's well known that many anti-depressants negate the effects of psychedelics.

#5 Spuco64

Spuco64

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2022 - 07:01 AM

Well I took a couple of weeks off the antidepressant and tried ' again. Took 2 grams and nothing. I am starting to question what I was given. The shrooms no bigger than an inch they were tiny, as if they weren’t mature yet.
I have about a month before mine are ready to go. Till then I will remain off the antidepressant and see how it go’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#6 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,380 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2022 - 01:25 PM

I beleive it can take up to several months to get some anti depressants out of your system ...  i suspect some damage the reseptors the mushrooms use  long term or  maybe forever ....i am no exSPIRT  just pontificating ;

i tried taking  anti depresents cpl times ............bad idea as they gave me Homicidal thoughts .......no no no .... not for me a cpl  jerk Ass Hats almost didn't make it ha .

BEZ

• Spuco64 likes this

#7 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,119 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2022 - 01:48 PM

I don't know the answer about the anti depressants, but I can say the size of the mushrooms, or their maturity isn't a factor.   IME smaller mushrooms pack as much, if not more, wallop for their weight then do the monsters. 

I might have missed it above, but did you say what kind of mushrooms were you trying?

• Uncle G and Spuco64 like this

#8 Uncle G

Uncle G

"Good Ole Uncle G"

• OG VIP
  • 3,698 posts

Donator

Posted 27 June 2022 - 06:17 PM

This is interesting makes me wonder about the interactions of medications.   

#9 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 858 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 12:39 AM

There's been discussion around this a few times before. Using a public search engine to specifically search Mycotopia.net gets some good results.
E.G. https://duckduckgo.c...i&t=fpas&ia=web

(even if your antidepressant is not an SSRI it's still a good search term as that's what comes up in most discussions around this even when discussing other type like SNRI or Trycyclic antidepressants for example.)
  • Skywatcher, Juthro, bezevo and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!