• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 828 posts

Posted 09 July 2022 - 01:47 PM

Despite having taken mushrooms many many many times (and on different combinations of psych meds), I've never had visuals more than things seemingly like they were moving. I mostly just feel wrong headed with some elation. It's interesting enough that I keep doing it, but I'd loooooove to actually get visuals. I'd try higher dosages, but I don't want to scale up the other effects mushrooms have on me which are not all totally pleasant. 

So I know this questions invites mostly anecdotal responses, but..... what species are more likely to give someone visuals? 

• Juthro and MushLuvR like this

#2 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,665 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2022 - 03:38 PM

Supposedly Panaeolus cyanescens are the some of the most visual. The mini dose I tried in the past had good CEV and subtle OEV. I'm hoping to try them again, hopefully soon, at a higher dose and ideally fresh. Once you are successful with your list on the other thread, pans shouldn't be a problem for you!
  • phlegmbae, Juthro and MushLuvR like this

#3 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 2,675 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2022 - 06:19 PM

Most visual cube for me was the Malabar genetics from Catsnbats here on Mycotopia. With the qualifier that I did in excess of 50grams wet. But it was an amazing night. The moat intense visuals were end of night, in a realm not sure if I was awake or asleep, same visuals open or closed eyes.
  • phlegmbae, Coopdog, Arathu and 3 others like this

#4 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,488 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2022 - 06:54 PM

Woodlovers tend to not disappoint.....just sayin...

A

• phlegmbae, Coopdog, Juthro and 2 others like this

#5 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,186 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2022 - 07:53 PM

If your working with cubes, IME fresh mushrooms provide a stronger visual aspect without having to take as large of a dose.  For me it seems that dried mushroom's tend to loose some of the vibrancy of colors you feel compared to fresh.  The best  visuals I've ever had from shrooms came from liberty caps back when I was a young man.  We would pick them in the fields and eat them as we went, up until we forgot what we were doing and quit picking.... 

I remember one early fall we got a bunch of liberty caps and drove up the north fork of the clackams river to a powerhouse just outside of Estacada.   We  jumped a fence and scaled the outside of the spillway to get into the powerhouse, and we walked the overhead catwalks for the gantry cranes that they use to service the turbines, and the chase ways around the generators while tripping balls.  The 3 of us were there for about 3 or 4 hours before night shift caught us and kicked us the hell out.  They didn't even call the cops, they just told us we didn't have to go home, but we couldn't stay there, lol.    If you did that shit today you would end up as international news, and be labeled as terrorists.  We were just having fun, and the most damage we did was leave some empty beer cans.

Good days of a bygone era, but it still makes me smile when I remember them :)  I'm the only one of those three that still walks this plane.  One friend mixed 2 wheels with hard liquor and missed a corner over 30 years ago, COVID claimed the other last January.  Sorry, I'm feeling a bit sentimental, back to the regularly planned thread in 3... 2.... 1....

BTW, it's nice to see you kicking back around the site Pink, I hope you've been well :)

• phlegmbae, Coopdog, Arathu and 3 others like this

#6 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 828 posts

Posted 10 July 2022 - 01:43 PM

If your working with cubes, IME fresh mushrooms provide a stronger visual aspect without having to take as large of a dose.  For me it seems that dried mushroom's tend to loose some of the vibrancy of colors you feel compared to fresh.  The best  visuals I've ever had from shrooms came from liberty caps back when I was a young man.  We would pick them in the fields and eat them as we went, up until we forgot what we were doing and quit picking.... 

I remember one early fall we got a bunch of liberty caps and drove up the north fork of the clackams river to a powerhouse just outside of Estacada.   We  jumped a fence and scaled the outside of the spillway to get into the powerhouse, and we walked the overhead catwalks for the gantry cranes that they use to service the turbines, and the chase ways around the generators while tripping balls.  The 3 of us were there for about 3 or 4 hours before night shift caught us and kicked us the hell out.  They didn't even call the cops, they just told us we didn't have to go home, but we couldn't stay there, lol.    If you did that shit today you would end up as international news, and be labeled as terrorists.  We were just having fun, and the most damage we did was leave some empty beer cans.

Good days of a bygone era, but it still makes me smile when I remember them :)  I'm the only one of those three that still walks this plane.  One friend mixed 2 wheels with hard liquor and missed a corner over 30 years ago, COVID claimed the other last January.  Sorry, I'm feeling a bit sentimental, back to the regularly planned thread in 3... 2.... 1....

BTW, it's nice to see you kicking back around the site Pink, I hope you've been well :)

Thank you for sharing :-). Also nice to see you all too! I'm looking through my history and apparently I posted here way longer than I remember! And I'm recognizing so many names which is exciting. 

It's great to be welcomed back into the community.

Edited by PinkMenace, 10 July 2022 - 01:43 PM.

• Skywatcher, Juthro, bezevo and 2 others like this

#7 Oldpunk

Oldpunk

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 860 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2022 - 09:02 AM

I think everyone is gonna have a different answer on this question. Even different batches of the same strain might differ and act differently with people physiology. So far I think my favorite is a Cambodian strain. It wasn't the strongest but the visual aspect was better than any other mushrooms I've had throughout my life.

But I've still got a lot of strains to test. And who knows what kind we used to get when I was younger.
  • YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

#8 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,010 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2022 - 01:49 PM

I need to test out my stones and pans, but thus far, nothing has compared to that memory of Semilanceatas, I'm hoping to change that opinion with my Pans and possibly the Ps Cyans if they fruit this fall.  Summer goals, a stone (Tamp) trip, and my favorite, PANS (to grow anyway, to be continued on the journey portion).  SO easy to get wrapped up into growing... then hard decisions on what to try.   :biggrin:

MushL

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#9 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,978 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2022 - 01:51 PM

For sheer power of visions I'd have to say my favorite is wavy cap cyanescens, There is no doubt they can bring on great visuals. Also though we are really fond of Ps. allenni ...formerly known as cyanofriscosa, Named after two members here. Anyhow , several times it has been noted by our friend-group that they bring on very artistic visuals , vibrant colours , without that heavy hand trip that can come with stronger woodlovers. 

I would "highly" recommend Psilocybe allenii ...  the fun, artsy mushroom. Still a woodlover but hits like a strong cubensis with lots of visuals.

Attached Thumbnails

• post-10514-138187618426.jpg

• YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

#10 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 02:21 PM

My wife, a friend and I were astonished by the visuals from South American's that I grew out from Ralphster's. They put the wife, and my buddy into fetal positions for a couple hours from only a couple of grams. Kind of racy too. Lots of sparks, and trails. Not so much color though. Of course balloons off the 90lb tank of medical grade N2O was a fantastic addition.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!